What's new

Battle of my Titanium Razors

My experience with these two razors is pretty much the same as yours. With only six shaves using the BB Ti, I'm still in the discovery mode on learning the best way to get that BBS shave everyday. Yesterday was my best and I think today will also follow suit. The BB just shaves so differently from the Timeless or my Wolfman WR2 buck and a quarter. Actually now that I think about it, the BB shaves differently from every other razor in my collection. Because of that, I'm going to use it daily for the next few weeks to get my muscle memory locked in so I don't have to go through another learning curve when it comes back into rotation later on.
Comparing the BB TI with your Wolfman WR2 TI 1.25 ? Which one seems more enjoyable and a better shaver for you ? And why ? Would a WR2 TI 1.25 be worth a purchase ?

@airmal23 I know you didn’t ask me the question, but I hope I can offer insight because the TiBird is a top razor for me, I have a WR2 1.15 Ti and a WR2 1.25 SS razor was my favorite razor before I started using titanium razors. Both the TiBird and WR2 Ti are fantastic razors that are extremely comfortable and give fantastic shaves every time. I have sold my WR2 1.25 SS, but I have no intention of selling either of my titanium razors—love the weight and softer blade feel of titanium over stainless steel. I cannot answer your question which is more enjoyable the TiBird or the WR2 Ti because both shaves are very different but no less enjoyable. I do tend to grab for my TiBird slightly more, but I wouldn’t want my den without both razors. A WR2 1.25 Ti is only worth it to you if you enjoy the weight and feel of titanium, there is no difference in the shave result between stainless and titanium. If I were you and could afford both, I would get both, but if I could only afford one, you wouldn’t be making a bad decision choosing either one. The TiBird is cheaper if budget is a factor.

@airmal23 I know you didn’t ask me the question, but I hope I can offer insight because the TiBird is a top razor for me, I have a WR2 1.15 Ti and a WR2 1.25 SS razor was my favorite razor before I started using titanium razors. Both the TiBird and WR2 Ti are fantastic razors that are extremely comfortable and give fantastic shaves every time. I have sold my WR2 1.25 SS, but I have no intention of selling either of my titanium razors—love the weight and softer blade feel of titanium over stainless steel. I cannot answer your question which is more enjoyable the TiBird or the WR2 Ti because both shaves are very different but no less enjoyable. I do tend to grab for my TiBird slightly more, but I wouldn’t want my den without both razors. A WR2 1.25 Ti is only worth it to you if you enjoy the weight and feel of titanium, there is no difference in the shave result between stainless and titanium. If I were you and could afford both, I would get both, but if I could only afford one, you wouldn’t be making a bad decision choosing either one. The TiBird is cheaper if budget is a factor.
I have a BBti and am up for my first Wolf which did you find is closest to the efficiency of the BBti, the 1.15 or the 1.25. I was looking for similar results, but maybe a little less aggressiveness than my BBti.

@Mr Merlin Dan @Hannah's Dad believes the WR2 1.25 and the Blackbird have similar efficiency, and honestly I would have to agree. However, for me I don’t notice a lot of efficiency loss between the 1.15 & 1.25, but like Brad @BradWorld I feel the comfort of the 1.15 is more to my liking. For me the 1.15 is perfect for a 2 day shave.
It’s interesting. I find the T-Bird to be noticeably more efficient than my SS WR2 1.25. I’m not sure why. Perhaps because I’m using a more neutral angle with the T-Bird than most in B&B seem to ascribe to? I almost (but not quite) ride the cap with the T-Bird but use a steep angle (ride the bar) with the Wolf.

Comparing the BB TI with your Wolfman WR2 TI 1.25 ? Which one seems more enjoyable and a better shaver for you ? And why ? Would a WR2 TI 1.25 be worth a purchase ?
@Latherati pretty much summed up my experience. I picked up my WR2 from BST were the former owner sold it because he bought a BB Ti. I spent 22 days in a row using my BB Ti. Although it took me awhile to get the hang of using the razor, once I got accustomed to the steep angle, I got super close, long lasting BBS shaves. I would not pay the premium for a new Wolfman versus a BB Ti.

@Mr Merlin Both the TiBird and The 1.15 WR2 give me BBS shaves without too much effort, but the TiBird is probably slightly quicker.
OK...I was originally going to go for a SS 1.25 DC, but since I have a BBti (which at the right angle is quite efficient and aggressive) now I am thinking a 1.15 DC. Last thing to decide is SS or TI. :rolleyes:

OK...I was originally going to go for a SS 1.25 DC, but since I have a BBti (which at the right angle is quite efficient and aggressive) now I am thinking a 1.15 DC. Last thing to decide is SS or TI. :rolleyes:
Oooh! That’s a very tough decision. If price isn’t a factor, I would choose the titanium, but if you want a different experience than the TiBird go with SS. Personally, I couldn’t be happier with the WR2 1.15 Ti. The DC is a good choice for when you feel you need a little extra efficiency from the OC.

Oooh! That’s a very tough decision. If price isn’t a factor, I would choose the titanium, but if you want a different experience than the TiBird go with SS. Personally, I couldn’t be happier with the WR2 1.15 Ti. The DC is a good choice for when you feel you need a little extra efficiency from the OC.
Very tough decisions. If price is no factor I would say go Ti every time and any razor. But that of course is my biased opinion.

My Ti Wolf beats my Ti Bird hands down. Wish more people could experience a Ti Wolf. But I totally understand balking at the price tag.

I think if you like titanium razors the Ti Wolf is the pinnacle due to the customization you can get with a Wolfman.

My Ti Wolf beats my Ti Bird hands down. Wish more people could experience a Ti Wolf. But I totally understand balking at the price tag.

I think if you like titanium razors the Ti Wolf is the pinnacle due to the customization you can get with a Wolfman.
Would you be able to share a bit more on the Ti Wolf vs Ti BB? Don't hold back. I am seeking max enablement :)

Very tough decisions. If price is no factor I would say go Ti every time and any razor. But that of course is my biased opinion.

What gap is your Wolfman?…. SB or OC?

What gap is your Wolfman?…. SB or OC?
WR2 SB 1.35
Would you be able to share a bit more on the Ti Wolf vs Ti BB? Don't hold back. I am seeking max enablement :)
You can PM me if I don’t answer your question. I can get on quite a tangent. But when ordering a Ti Wolf I wanted similar shaves to the Ti Bird which I love but I wanted a little bit more efficiency. I have a tough, fast growing beard with only mildly sensitive skin and I like to shave daily.

With the WR2 SB 1.35 gap in Ti I got a little more efficiency over the Ti Bird and I got to choose a handle that would best fit with my technique and routine.

Thus for me the Ti Wolf is the the perfect precision instrument for me and my face!

WR2 SB 1.35

You can PM me if I don’t answer your question. I can get on quite a tangent. But when ordering a Ti Wolf I wanted similar shaves to the Ti Bird which I love but I wanted a little bit more efficiency. I have a tough, fast growing beard with only mildly sensitive skin and I like to shave daily.

With the WR2 SB 1.35 gap in Ti I got a little more efficiency over the Ti Bird and I got to choose a handle that would best fit with my technique and routine.

Thus for me the Ti Wolf is the the perfect precision instrument for me and my face!
Thanks and very helpful. I absolutely enjoy my BB Ti, but I am starting to consider a bit more efficiency for the same reasons you described. Extrapolating from a few other comments on the forum, I had been considering the 1.35 gap.

Now for which finish...is the titanium basic polish as shiny as the SS basic polish. Or is the Ti more subdued? Considering the basic brushed matte finish now.
I could not tell you about the polished Ti finish I have the matte brushed.

I personally think polished Ti has a plasticky feeling due to the light weight and warmth. They sure are nice to look at but just not for me. I believe @Calm_Shaver and @Latherati have some polished Ti examples.

I think the matte is great for a daily driver. It’s nearly maintenance free.
6A7330C1-EBE9-443E-ADE9-A854341AC16E.jpeg

I could not tell you about the polished Ti finish I have the matte brushed.

I personally think polished Ti has a plasticky feeling due to the light weight and warmth. They sure are nice to look at but just not for me. I believe @Calm_Shaver and @Latherati have some polished Ti examples.

I think the matte is great for a daily driver. It’s nearly maintenance free.
View attachment 1528384
Sure looks nice I was thinking about the WRH7 handle as well... maybe the WRH2 80mm. My BBti is machined finish which I love the look of, hence thinking the brushed matte Wolf. Have to decide to compliment or contrast my BBti (brushed or polished Wolf)? But decision will be made tonight Tara is probably growing impatient!

Top Bottom