What's new

August 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Regarding Post #621...
I've found it helps me to survive sabbaticals and GRUMEs if I have a distraction such as participating in as many monthly events as possible to keep my mind on shaving instead of shopping.

For instance there's One Blade In February, Fixed Four For March Madness, April Frugal Follies Cheapskate Challenge, Mistura May, Arko August, SEptember, OCtober, SOCtober, and DecemBoar just to name a few.

And of course, there's the support of participants in the monthly GRUME. I'm usually okay as long as I don't focus too much on the SOTD pics.

Headshave today - Still in

Gillette Tech
Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge
Yaqi Sagrada Familia
La Toja
Stirling Orange Chill

IMG-4745_DSC_4745 (2).JPG

Still in. Shave #18. Back in town, so I switched some gear for today’s shave. BBS shave.
  • Pre-shave: Art of Shaving Unscented Pre-shave Oil
  • Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 Best Badger
  • Cream: Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar (SOTM)
  • Razor: Merkur 34C (4-pass)
  • Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
  • Aftershave: Art of Shaving Bourbon Aftershave Balm

Day 28, 90.3% complete. You can do it, waverers!

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Wizamet SI #5
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave.

Got a great MWF lather, and a comfortable near-BBS. Almost finished this hard-to-get Nivea, will have to open one of my 6 spares.

I'm wondering whether to sign up for September.

I took July off (and did get 100 x Nacet, a positive result✓) but it was really because I was interested in Lupos.

Talked myself out of going the "just buy a Lupo 72 and see" route, because the only concrete difference from a GC is the head "cutaways", which might enable a more direct attack on under-nose hairs, but with a bit of user attention, the GC.84 does get them.

Unless someone produces a convincing argument why Lupo 72 > GC.84P, I think I'll sign up.

I'm wondering whether to sign up for September.

I took July off (and did get 100 x Nacet, a positive result✓) but it was really because I was interested in Lupos.

Talked myself out of going the "just buy a Lupo 72 and see" route, because the only concrete difference from a GC is the head "cutaways", which might enable a more direct attack on under-nose hairs, but with a bit of user attention, the GC.84 does get them.

Unless someone produces a convincing argument why Lupo 72 > GC.84P, I think I'll sign up.
Haven't used any of those.
But I'm sure there's a challenge in approving your under-nose hairs technique with the GC too 😇

Top Bottom