What's new

August 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Last shave of the month - Still in and no planned purchases for today..:)

Yaqi Slant
Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (3)
Hans Baier Silvertip 21mm
La Toja
Fine Patinum

IMG-4759_DSC_4759 (3).JPG

See most of you in the September thread.

SOTD #26
  • Simpson's Sandalwood Pre-Shave
  • ARKO (SOTM) (Arko August)
  • Simpson's Duke3 - Best
  • Mühle R89
  • Rapira Swedish Steel (1)
  • Kiehl's Blue Astringent
  • Barrister & Mann 42 Splash
  • Nivea Post-Shave Balm
Another great shave this morning after settling the calamity of school drop off. I planned for a repeat journey into solitude and relaxation; SWMBO had other plans...

3-passes for a brilliant BBS to closeout Arko August performed in tandem with a couples inward exploration of emotions and contrast between the masculine and feminine (I think). She's happy and that's all that matters :001_wub:

c3b4666d-8a63-4b5b-b356-288692208867-jpeg.1514646

Date:31.08.2022
Focused participations:31/31 Days in GRUME (out at 64.52%)
243/243 in 365 days of shaving (100%)
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
High Efficiency Razors Summer
Mild to Medium August
All Aventus August
Razor:Gillette English Flat Bottom NEW
Blade:Tiger Platinum (2)
Brush:Omega Super Badger
Soap:Haslinger Sandelholz
Bowl:Kox Enamel
Face lather
Preshave:Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Floïd's The Genuine (A/S)
Nivea (Balm)
Passes:WTG (NE-SW) | Gillette Slant and Gillette Slide
XTG (W-E) | Sideways Gillette Slant
ATG (S-N) | Slightly Gillette Slanted

Light touch up on the jawline
Efficiency:8/10 (20 minutes)
Quality:10/10 (Clean as a whistle)
Comfort:6/10 (Tugging)
Effectiveness:8/10 (DFS)

I am beginning to question the right fit between this razor and blade. Although it was somewhat smoother than the first time, it still was pulling on me. No weepers or nicks as a result, but not buttery smooth which I love.

End result was good though so we’ll see if tomorrow the blade smoothens out or not. And I am considering if I need to use another handle. The stick handle is beautiful, but also light and very thin. My OCD says to keep using the razor as intended - my critical faculty says to get some Razorock vintage handles.

Besides the Flat Boron NEW no other purchases. Congrats to those who successfully completed GRUME!

Third GRUME completed! My acquisitions have been toned way down. I purchased some soap mid May, and acquired a Micromatic with a few blades through a trade in July. That’s it. Although I will probably fail September due to a planned auction purchase, I will still be hanging around.
A BBS on my Tech and Feather (83), and I learned something new. Under the lip is the hardest spot to get smooth. I have some success by starting the first two passes there against the grain (ATG). Yesterday I remembered something from an old Gem razor instruction guide I saw somewhere. It advised shaving ATG and diagonally. I tried it yesterday and today with a steep angle (riding the top cap) and it works great, a very smooth shave!

Day 31, 100% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Nacet Stainless #1
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave.

For midweek SV day, used Cubebe, and a fresh Nacet. Got a fine BBS, and opened a fresh 2-in-1, this one with Spanish, Portuguese and Greek branding.

(Had to hunt it down from mainland European ebayers, since it's no longer available in the UK.)

I've talked myself out of getting a Lupo, at least for the time being, so will see some of you over on the September GRUME. :thumbup:

Top Bottom