What's new

Participation PIF - A Very Mysteree-X Shave

Very Mysteree-X Shave 1​

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Personna X-series
Brush: Yaqi badger
Soap: Stirling Bay Laurel

The mysteree-X blades arrived today! First shave with my birth-year Slim. I will keep my impressions a mysteree until I try in razors I have more familiarity with.

IMG_20220412_194800263.jpg

Razor: Fatip OC slant
Blade: Personna X-series
Brush: Proraso Professional
Pre shave: PAA Mentholated Cube
Soap & AS: Stirling Glacial Strawberry Lemonade

Arrived today, my other two blades are a treet durasharp and a tatra platinum which I look forward to using . First shave I actually started with the r89 twist, but this blade is rather mild, these seem imo less sharp than either the reds or blues. So, I decided it might be the razor needs more aggression and put in the focs. It definitely seemed to improve and the blade seems smooth enough that you would almost have to purposely make a wrong move to cause any nicks. I had a very smooth comfortable shave.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Now that I look at it, it’s made out to “Stan the impossibly handsome Farmer”. Simple mistake. I’m sure he’ll make it right.
Well, OBVIOUSLY those were intended for me. But I'll let that slide.

My real problem is with your name!

My birth mother named me "bubo" shortly before she sold me to the Carnival folks..... I'll be be taking this up with the Moderators first thing in the AM.

Well, OBVIOUSLY those were intended for me. But I'll let that slide.

My real problem is with your name!

My birth mother named me "bubo" shortly before she sold me to the Carnival folks..... I'll be be taking this up with the Moderators first thing in the AM.
Oh no hear we go again! Is this the anniversary of a well know(infamous) post here on B&B?

Got mine in the mail yesterday and will using the Personna X today. The other 2 were a Treet Dura Sharp and a Sputnik. I've used both of those before. Like the Treet so much I bought 100 and use them regularly. I'm ambivalent about the Sputnik, it's smooth but not very efficient for me. It does work tho. More to follow.

LATER THE SAME DAY: 1st shave using the following - Gillette Slim razor/Personna X blade-Williams SC-RazoRock Plissoft brush-and Skin Bracer to finish. Set the Slim on 5 for the 1st pass. Comfortable but not effective so set it on 6 for 2nd pass and got good results. I'm happy with it. Tomorrow I'll move the blade to my Weber DLC razor but keep everything else the same and report back

Last edited:
Personna X
Blade #1, Shave #1

first shave so still more experience needed, but this was a comfortable, sharp shave. No nicks or other irritation

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Personna X Series (1)
Brush: ever Ready 100
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Soap: Barrister & Mann 42
Aftershave: Bootleggers Green Freeze

44A21C17-83F9-4445-B7DE-E56C2A1A53C7.jpeg

The last few days I’ve been using a 7 O’clock Black with a Good Humor Bakelite open comb. What a wicked combination. Downright mean. Borderline parasuicide.

Switching to the Personna x with the FOCS proved much more comfortable. I agree that it this blade errs on the milder side of the sharp scale but it was a very smooth shaver. I’ll eventually toss one in the aforementioned Good Humor and see what happens. Really loving the Cella Bio. It performs as well as its tallow based cousin. I think I’ll add it to the rotation eventually.

Three passes. WTG, XTG, ATG with some touch ups. I’ve made a nasty habit of striving for BBS and I think we just about achieved it today.

Head shave ~
Prep: Proraso mint and rosemary exfoliating beard scrub and Proraso rinfrescante beard wash on beard and scalp.
Soap: Cella Bio sample
Brush: Semogue 830
Razor: FOCS
Blade: Personna X (duh 😝)
Aftershave: Cold rinse, Clubman
Beard: Luxurious Bastard’s Dark Bastard beard oil
Soundtrack: Alan Watts discussion “Man and Nature”

BCB46531-98E5-4486-BBB9-861D71C09602.jpeg

Mysteree-X Blade #1 - Shave #1

TL;DR:
typical shave #1 with a good blade, sharp but not as smooth as subsequent shaves, DFS

Equipment:
Fatip Piccolo (FCCS), Mysteree-X Blade (1), Captain's Choice Venture Soap

The Shave: 1st shave with the Mysteree-X Blade felt like a typical first shave with many of my good blades - sharp but not as smooth as the next couple of shaves. I've only used Personna Reds (an upper, middle-tier blade for me), and this felt similar to my experience with them. There was no weepers or irritation, and I did get a close, DFS shave. The FCCS always shaves my mustache area closer than my other razors and today's outing was no exception.

B51D0620-AA96-480B-8032-2441DC13C254.jpeg

First shave with the Personna-X.

Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Cream: Proraso green
Brush: Cheap no-name off of Amazon
Aftershave: AV Ice Blue

Very comfortable shave. I got a little careless at one point, realized it, and tuned back into what I was doing but still never a nick or weeper. Not the sharpest ever, but certainly not dull. Quite smooth for a first shave. Looking forward to the second.

Top Bottom