What's new

Wolfman Owners Club

I was so impressed with this 0.86 today. Needed a quick shave for
Imagepipe_64.jpg
a day that included work and being on camera mid afternoon. Needed quick, efficient and no bleeding! This thing was remarkable. One pass Atg and I was smooth all day with zero irritation. Very impressed.

SO first shave today with the WR2 0.95
blade used a Gillette platinum blade as that is my good to go blade in most things but plan on testing all my sample blades to know :)
handle used my timeless crown Ti

I prefer Ti razor heads like my Timeless and am OK with stainless head with Ti handle I find all stainless to heavy ? but will try this with a stainless and see what I think :)

impressed for sure and SO SO SO SO glad I jumped into the Wolfman now rather than a few months like I was planning and can see why its dangerous to try them as that rabbit hole you just took a turn and it is much deeper than you thought :) hahahahah

thoughts :) its got the best of all my razors features I like all wrapped into one :)

comfort: smooth easy like my Timeless 68
blade feel: like the GC with perfect feel of knowing where it is what its doing with none of the negative ! never felt like it was going to get me granted 0.95 gap but this is what I love and was hoping for :)
efficiency: in the lupo 72 territory without the blade burn for my tender face :) 9 hours later I know I have some shave tomorrow but kept clean nice all day and reckon I can get it a bit closer but I like shaving daily !
ATG: super comfy like Henson comfy :)
feedback: WOW another winner I Love my Timeless for audio feedback and tactile through the handle something the GC and Lupo and Yates have but in tiny amounts compared and yeah this was like my timeless ! its the small things I find that separate the razors from nice to great I like feeling and hearing my face under the razor :)
Angle: with such great feedback it was easy to feel/hear what its doing with angle change and will keep playing but yeah no issues for my first run of course will keep playing around and learn/find what works for me and my tender face :)

I think its fun/good to get those first impressions down and see how they change as I learn the razor and find the blades and so on :)

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
blade used a Gillette platinum blade as that is my good to go blade in most things but plan on testing all my sample blades to know :)

I prefer Ti razor heads like my Timeless and am OK with stainless head with Ti handle I find all stainless to heavy ? but will try this with a stainless and see what I think :)

impressed for sure and SO SO SO SO glad I jumped into the Wolfman now rather than a few months like I was planning and can see why its dangerous to try them as that rabbit hole you just took a turn and it is much deeper than you thought :) hahahahah

thoughts :) its got the best of all my razors features I like all wrapped into one :)

blade feel: like the GC with perfect feel of knowing where it is what its doing with none of the negative ! never felt like it was going to get me granted 0.95 gap but this is what I love and was hoping for :)
efficiency: in the lupo 72 territory without the blade burn for my tender face :) 9 hours later I know I have some shave tomorrow but kept clean nice all day and reckon I can get it a bit closer but I like shaving daily !
feedback: WOW another winner I Love my Timeless for audio feedback and tactile through the handle something the GC and Lupo and Yates have but in tiny amounts compared and yeah this was like my timeless ! its the small things I find that separate the razors from nice to great I like feeling and hearing my face under the razor :)
Angle: with such great feedback it was easy to feel/hear what its doing with angle change and will keep playing but yeah no issues for my first run of course will keep playing around and learn/find what works for me and my tender face :)

I think its fun/good to get those first impressions down and see how they change as I learn the razor and find the blades and so on :)
Welcome to the family, Chad!

did have a general question since this is my first Wolfman and I did not find the answer anywhere as I tried :)

how do you know the gaps ? especially if you have a bunch of these ? I did read some of the early ones had the gap on the plate but did not see it on this and looked at other pics and did not see them to often ?

no worries as I would say :) just purely curious and OK with it :) reckon a fun thing one of those you know what it is you know what you have things :)

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
did have a general question since this is my first Wolfman and I did not find the answer anywhere as I tried :)

how do you know the gaps ? especially if you have a bunch of these ? I did read some of the early ones had the gap on the plate but did not see it on this and looked at other pics and did not see them to often ?

no worries as I would say :) just purely curious and OK with it :) reckon a fun thing one of those you know what it is you know what you have things :)
Trust! My 1.25 has a little ding on the bottom of the plate. Otherwise, you‘ve got to trust that Wolfman got it right.

Congrats on the new Wolfman!!!

I also have the WR2 .95 and you share a lot of the same feelings I have about it compared to other razors.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs

Welcome to the club. There is no way to tell without measuring the gap with feeler gauges. I have four, and only know my gaps based on the handle it came with. I would normally switch up the handles, but I am so afraid to deviate for fear that I lose track of which head is which. I won’t clean more than one wolf at a time. I have read about some getting a jeweler to engrave the gap on the baseplate. I haven’t gone that far yet.

astra Platinum in the 0.95 today
SO day 2 shave 2 down and yeah the hype is real for me so far :)

used Captains choice splash not my normal old spice or Pinaud so not as alcholol feedback tingle as the those which is really nice actually :)

preferred my Gillette Platinum from yesterday so far see what shave 2 with both are like soon enough
I reckon testing all the blade samples I have will take a while and be a ton of fun for the next month+ ;)

OK really confused now :) in a good way
bad blade for me in the 0.95 razor (Rapira black label Plat) so not comfy during the shave and all done splash on AS and brace for impact of a rough tuggy shave and ??? no impact post feel was fine ? hmmmmmmm
NO burning hot spots of AHHHH I overshared in those spots for sure just overall OK

can not smile enough even my Timeless can't pull that off :)

I feel like a kid with his new driver lic asking parents can I go get milk can I go get the mail do you want me to go ... :) hahahahah even more excited for tomorrows shave :)

I think after a few weeks with my Wolfman WR2 1.35 I now have it figured out and it is giving me outstanding shaves. Using a steep angle and an extremely light touch, I get irritation-free shaves and perfect smoothness that lasts about 12hrs before I can start to feel any regrowth in a couple of places even when I press on my skin. Using a super light touch also made the bulk of the WR2 head much less noticeable. Maybe it can still improve, but that’s pretty much perfect for me and I only remember having a longer-lasting (and also irritation-free) shave with my Sailor.

This presents me with a dilemma, though. I was planning on getting a titanium WR1 OC with 0.86 gap for my next Wolfman - hoping for a lighter, more nimble, lower profile option with a bit of blade feel, which will still allow me to shave every second day (which is what I usually do since my hair is not dark or highly visible, and it seems better for my skin). But now I am also wondering if I should consider another WR2 with either a higher 1.55 gap, or a milder 1.15 gap, since this WR2 is working so well and the bulk of the WR2 head is no longer bothering me.

What do the Wolfman cognoscenti here think? Will the WR1 Ti OC 0.86 be what I am expecting? Would a WR2 1.55 give noticeably more efficiency than my 1.35? Or would a WR2 1.15 be a better pairing with my 1.35 to offer a significantly milder and still efficient enough option for a more mindless and gentle shave that will still last quite well? Or are all of those true and it is just a case of deciding what I would value more?

And how does the WR1 differ in shaving feel and dynamics from the WR2? Feel is important to me and the razor I most enjoy using currently is the H&S P076 Ti OC, which has wonderful lightness and agility, and just the perfect amount of blade feel for me. If the P076 was just slightly more efficient it would be my perfect razor - just so you know what I enjoy most in a razor. I don’t know if a WR1 could be close to that, or if I might be better off with a different WR2 variant, since the WR2 1.35 is working so well for me now.

Hope my questions make sense.

OK really confused now :) in a good way
bad blade for me in the 0.95 razor (Rapira black label Plat) so not comfy during the shave and all done splash on AS and brace for impact of a rough tuggy shave and ??? no impact post feel was fine ? hmmmmmmm
NO burning hot spots of AHHHH I overshared in those spots for sure just overall OK

can not smile enough even my Timeless can't pull that off :)

I feel like a kid with his new driver lic asking parents can I go get milk can I go get the mail do you want me to go ... :) hahahahah even more excited for tomorrows shave :)
Glad you're liking the Wolf!

I think after a few weeks with my Wolfman WR2 1.35 I now have it figured out and it is giving me outstanding shaves. Using a steep angle and an extremely light touch, I get irritation-free shaves and perfect smoothness that lasts about 12hrs before I can start to feel any regrowth in a couple of places even when I press on my skin. Using a super light touch also made the bulk of the WR2 head much less noticeable. Maybe it can still improve, but that’s pretty much perfect for me and I only remember having a longer-lasting (and also irritation-free) shave with my Sailor.

This presents me with a dilemma, though. I was planning on getting a titanium WR1 OC with 0.86 gap for my next Wolfman - hoping for a lighter, more nimble, lower profile option with a bit of blade feel, which will still allow me to shave every second day (which is what I usually do since my hair is not dark or highly visible, and it seems better for my skin). But now I am also wondering if I should consider another WR2 with either a higher 1.55 gap, or a milder 1.15 gap, since this WR2 is working so well and the bulk of the WR2 head is no longer bothering me.

What do the Wolfman cognoscenti here think? Will the WR1 Ti OC 0.86 be what I am expecting? Would a WR2 1.55 give noticeably more efficiency than my 1.35? Or would a WR2 1.15 be a better pairing with my 1.35 to offer a significantly milder and still efficient enough option for a more mindless and gentle shave that will still last quite well? Or are all of those true and it is just a case of deciding what I would value more?

And how does the WR1 differ in shaving feel and dynamics from the WR2? Feel is important to me and the razor I most enjoy using currently is the H&S P076 OC Ti, which has wonderful lightness and agility, and just the perfect amount of blade feel for me. If the P076 was just slightly more efficient it would be my perfect razor - just so you know what I enjoy most in a razor. I don’t know if a WR1 could be close to that, or if I might be better off with a different WR2 variant, since the WR2 1.35 is working so well for me now.

Hope my questions make sense.
I started with a WR2 1.15 SB and liked it. Choose a WR2 1.45 SB next and liked it more. Choose a SS WR1 0.86 DC next. Liked it and found it different enough to be a keeper with the WR2. Choose a WR2 1.65 next and like it. If I were to Sell/Trade one it would be the WR2 1.45 but only because it is close to duplication with the 1.65 which I find easy to use and wonderfully efficient. If you'd like to switch to daily shaving then a smaller gap WR2 would serve you well. Have fun! No bad choices here.

I started with a WR2 1.15 SB and liked it. Choose a WR2 1.45 SB next and liked it more. Choose a SS WR1 0.86 DC next. Liked it and found it different enough to be a keeper with the WR2. Choose a WR2 1.65 next and like it. If I were to Sell/Trade one it would be the WR2 1.45 but only because it is close to duplication with the 1.65 which I find easy to use and wonderfully efficient. If you'd like to switch to daily shaving then a smaller gap WR2 would serve you well. Have fun! No bad choices here.
That’s very helpful, Leverspro. If you don’t mind, in what ways is the WR1 different for you?

That’s very helpful, Leverspro. If you don’t mind, in what ways is the WR1 different for you?
I can't say that the end result shave is any different for me really. They're both smooth and efficient. Perhaps others here could describe how they're different. The different design, weight, and the fact that my WR1 has an OC side to it is enough for me.

I was going to start with a 1.05 and figured I would buy on each side anyway :)
when the .95 came up from Hannah's dad without handle I was like hmmmmmmm I can use my timeless handle which I love
I will try other gaps for sure as I am one that has to try for myself :)

to speak way to early I might say this thing is going to be my #1 still have to get the 95 plates for my timeless but with more comfort more efficiency than the 68 timeless can't see those staying in my future (but reserver to change my mind) do think my lupo and GC might be going bye bye if this awesome keeps up and I try other gaps of the WR2

side note I reckon you are into coffee with the name and icon pic :)
recently sold my Elektra A3 and still own a pasquini Livia that I need to rebuild and got into the Cafelat robot while I decide on my next boiler machine which I am leaning toward a lever maybe ? not sure yet Londinium or something ?
or go for a La Marzocco GS3 or go ultra modern the Dalla Corte is peaking my interest the Decent seems nice to ? decisions decisions :)

the Elektra A3 was a beautiful machine so will have to be equal or better or unique like a lever and in many ways the Lever is something I have not had so is in the lead :)

the taking a break from nice machines going back super manual to the Cafelat Robot has been a FUN FUN time almost like me getting into DE shaving I a sense of really getting into the feel of every step I still love to use it every day
loved the manual feel so much picked up a Comandante Hand grinder (small conical) prefer profile out of larger flat burs and my mazzer but a fun change to truly have the tactile feel of every step
not quite the shots but still the Cafelat robot can crank out some insane good ones just not as consistent of course and not quite the depth but the fun side makes up for it :) but itching for a new higher end setup again :)

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The WR1 has a completely different feel than the WR2. I have WR2 in 1.15, 1.25 and 1.55. I have WR1 in .80 OC.

The .80 is a very good mate for the 1.25. I find it to be quite a bit more blade feel than the WR2. But in a good way. The OC is the way to go. Was going to get a DC and got talked out of it on here. Glad I went full OC. It’s quite nimble and efficient. The WR2 is smooth and luxurious. It’s like comparing a Ferrari to a Bentley. I’d like one of each of those as well… if I could afford it. 😀

Top Bottom