What's new

Wolfman Owners Club

The WR1 has a completely different feel than the WR2. I have WR2 in 1.15, 1.25 and 1.55. I have WR1 in .80 OC.

The .80 is a very good mate for the 1.25. I find it to be quite a bit more blade feel than the WR2. But in a good way. The OC is the way to go. Was going to get a DC and got talked out of it on here. Glad I went full OC. It’s quite nimble and efficient. The WR2 is smooth and luxurious. It’s like comparing a Ferrari to a Bentley. I’d like one of each of those as well… if I could afford it. 😀
Thanks, Brad. That’s how I am imagining the WR1. I’m thinking too that titanium will accentuate the greater nimbleness. At least I liked the effect titanium has on the nimble P076.

Congratulations, Chad! Wow, you're going full steam ahead! Happy for you 🎉
P.S. I have the Timeless .95 and there's no comparison with the Wolfman .95.
Yeah I know in that other thread seems we are %90 in agreement on how things felt so reckon that is a good gauge for me :)

Comfort is my first priority and efficiency is 2nd and so far all others seem to have a bias that leans to one or the other
they just cant make it do both as well as the Wolfman does this thing is unique in a good way for me

a few more razors on my list to try just because why not to fun to not try and the biggest reason is then I know for sure !!! As I hate to have that what if burning in my head :) I have to experience and try to know :)

The WR2 is smooth and luxurious. It’s like comparing a Ferrari to a Bentley. I’d like one of each of those as well… if I could afford it. 😀
The WR2 gets my vote 😉

AC352EA0-A1CA-467D-AC08-B8DCCD2E3FEF.png

Today Bic Platinum in the orange/yellow pack
soap Razor Emporiums house brand barber shop which I love and Old Spice splash with my neutrogena follow up

Not sure its going to make my top 3 blades ? But I think it was better than the Rapira the other day by a small bit :) and not as good as my go to Gillette Platinum I love so much that just do well in everything !

And I did a overshave like buff buff and more buff wanted no audio anywhere and really went for it and yeah got a bit of after feel on my sensitive neck again silly I do this but do want to know the breaking point or going past the comfort zone :) (danger zone song popped into my head)

and yeah this thing is awesome and getting more awesome every shave

Got my new WR2 1.25 a couple of days ago and I'm building up a few days of growth in order to give it a first try. I do a fair amount of air travel, and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a travel sheath/case.
Wolfman.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Got my new WR2 1.25 a couple of days ago and I'm building up a few days of growth in order to give it a first try. I do a fair amount of air travel, and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a travel sheath/case.
View attachment 1432666

Travel Case. Razor. Karve.640..png

I got this one from Karve. It's perfect. Protective. Small. Very well made I think.

Link.

I've seen others which were similar at other prices, but don't remember the prices or where I saw 'em.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Are there any WR2 OC owners here? I love my WR1 OC and generally prefer OC razors. If there are could you please share your thoughts? I am on the list again and will probably get a WR2 when my name comes up but I have not read many testimonials of WR2 OC, just that the general consensus is the that SB is smoother.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

Congratulations.

Many people leave their nice razors at home, but I'm not one of them.

1657192078010.png

I use the pictured above Karve travel case. Link.

It is nowhere near as big as it looks in the photograph. It's very well made, etc. I'm currently on a trip. My Sailor came with me, in this case. I've not tried running it over with my vehicle but I think it would stand up to such a torture.

There are other cases which protect your hands from a sharp razor blade should you grab your razor, but I wanted a case to protect my razors.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I’ve got a few of the Timeless leather pouches ($40), and similar ones from other makers - Galen Leather on Etsy ($19), Parker has various (up to $13). The Timeless ones are very nice indeed but of course a cheap one will do the same. The only problem with all of these pouches is that you can’t really use them with a blade installed in your razor, otherwise it will slice the leather inside the flap - and if you are travelling you probably don’t want to remove the blade. Parker does a zippered leather case which wouldn’t have that issue ($25 On Amazon). There are many others available if you check Amazon or the ‘accessories’ section of vendor sites.

The hard cases Haircut & Shave offers ($30) are, in my opinion, nicer than the Karve ones ($39), and smaller, but you have to make the cut-outs in the foam yourself. The hard cases won’t fit in a dopp bag.

I sometimes use a leather pouch and put a leather sleeve over the razor head so the blade is covered. The pouch flap won’t close but the razor is well protected and covered.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The hard cases Haircut & Shave offers ($30) are, in my opinion, nicer than the Karve ones ($39), and smaller, but you have to make the cut-outs in the foam yourself. The hard cases won’t fit in a dopp bag.

I have two Dopp bags. Neither are the actual Dopp brand, but they look much the same.

One is the waxed canvas Razorock version. The other, which is what I usually use, is a nice green Italian leather, a gift from my wife, and of a very similar size to the waxed canvas.

I put my hard case (Karve version) in my Dopp bag all the time, along with my green rubber mug, a full sized tub of soap, a styptic pencil, and two large brushes. Also usually a splash is thrown in.

1657458208232.png

The hard Karve case by my measurements, closed, is very close to 6 1/2 x 4 5/8 x 1 11/16.

I've not seen the H&C case except in photos, but the Karve case is plenty good for holding my Sailor and a tuck of blades.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:
Top Bottom