What's new

Wolfman hollow handles?

For those that own Wolfman razors with hollow handles,

1. Which head set are you using with hollow?
2. did you ever have the same head paired with a solid handle?
3. do you like the balance of a hollow handle better, in comparison?

I've got a WR1 that I'm about to order a handle for.
style will be WRH1, length will be 90mm

I'm currently using the WRH2 90mm (solid),
"borrowed" from my WR2.

Upon first use of the WR1 with the solid handle,
I formulated the opinion that it would be better if the setup was lighter, less "handle weighted";
given that the WR1 head is lighter than the WR2...

But now after months of using it this way, I'm now used to it,
and am second-guessing the hollow handle order. :-/
(plus a solid handle for the WR1 will save some $$$)

What do y'all think?

I prefer lighter razors so I only have hollow handles for my WR1's and WR2. I enjoy them but I am not much help here as I have not tried a solid handle.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have Timeless Ti Crown handles on most of my Top Razors, but they have stainless steel heads. I just checked... I have one more than I thought. I have 7 Ti Crown handles and the only titanium razor I have is the Timeless Ti 0.68. LOL

My Wolfman WR2 is bronze, so I ordered a hollow 90mm handle for it. It's around 40 grams and the Timeless Ti Crowns are 42.7 grams, so about the same. I prefer a razor with the balance a bit more toward the head than handle heavy. I don't have a WR1, but from what you posted, I think you'd enjoy the balance better if you ordered one of their hollow handles... but that's my guess.

It is true, you do get used to the handle if it's heavier. I tried the Wolfman bronze hollow handle on my Athena but ended up preferring the OEM handle, even though it's much heavier. Go figure.

Personally I'd go for a lighter handle over the hollow. Yes, the WRH1 can be heavy if you aren't used to it -- I have one that is 95 mm paired with a WR1 head.

I bought two identical handles on a previous order and much preferred the balance of the solid handle. If you aren't prepared to try a different handle like the WRH3 or 7 which is much more nimble, consider either a shorter handle or a bronze razor. I've used my heavy solid handles even on alu prototypes heads like the WR4 which was crazy light.

@corlay
I use a hollow WRH1 handle, 90mm. SS. Loving this thing. It's perfectly balanced with a WR2 head (weight distribution and overall look / feeling... it's my go to handle with the WR2 head).

Regarding the WR1 head perhaps consider a Darwin handle if you like the lenght and shape... if the WRH1 handle is your preferred choice you can't go wrong with the hollow one. My go to handle for my WR1 is an (even lighter) 90mm TiBam titanium handle. Works like a charm attached to the nimble WR1 head 😀

Last edited:
UPDATE: Tara sent the invoice and I just paid it.
Went with my initial gut, and kept the order for a hollow handle.
Let's hope I like it. ;-)

Thank you everyone for your opinions and insight.

UPDATE: Been shaving exclusively with the WR1 (.74) with the new hollow WRH1 (90mm) handle for a few months, now.

Its a superb, winning combination.

I normally rotate through my 6 razors regularly, but I just cant put this one down! Its so comfortable and efficient.

Anyway, if anyone considers a WR1, I think the hollow handle is worth the extra $$$. The balance and resultant “feel” is pretty darn perfect.

Top Bottom