What's new

Wolfman Owners Club

Just tried my first Wolfman! Blew me away!

Question: How does the Ti version compare with the SS?

Thanks!

IMG-0148.jpg

It's lighter. :lemo:
But seriously, Ti Wolf owners is a pretty small club since James hasn't made them for years. Personally, I've never preferred any razor in Ti. Glad you like the SS. They are great shavers.

It's lighter. :lemo:
But seriously, Ti Wolf owners is a pretty small club since James hasn't made them for years. Personally, I've never preferred any razor in Ti. Glad you like the SS. They are great shavers.
I definitely prefer Ti in my other razors…although the 🐺 wolf isn’t that heavy considering it’s SS!
I just can’t get over how it shaved out of the box 📦 I got my first ever BBS without any irritation…and that’s with a mild (.95) blade gap and an Astra SP blade!👍🏻

I definitely prefer Ti in my other razors…although the 🐺 wolf isn’t that heavy considering it’s SS!
I just can’t get over how it shaved out of the box 📦 I got my first ever BBS without any irritation…and that’s with a mild (.95) blade gap and an Astra SP blade!👍🏻
Interesting! There's definitely a few Ti Wolf owners here, so hopefully they can help you out. In the meantime, start saving!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Now I have to find your reviews of the 1.55 and its comparison shaves. Again. My memory is like a steel trap. Rusty and old.

Lovely, and apparently growing, collection. What's next?

Happy shaves,

Jim
I have posted lots. But to summarize, the WR2's and all incredibly able and remarkably smooth. As the gap goes up, there is a negative correlation between smoothness and efficiency. As the efficiency goes up, the smoothness goes slightly down. But they are all crazy smooth.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I have posted lots. But to summarize, the WR2's and all incredibly able and remarkably smooth. As the gap goes up, there is a negative correlation between smoothness and efficiency. As the efficiency goes up, the smoothness goes slightly down. But they are all crazy smooth.

Thanks, Brad.

I'd reviewed some of your posts particularly those on the 1.55. It looks to suit you.

You may recall, but I wouldn't expect anyone to, that I usually shave daily. My first WR2 was the 1.15 which I found to be very smooth (doesn't everyone?) and surprisingly efficient. The 1.15 has definitely achieved Daily Driver status. However, I wanted more efficiency; and, of course also wanted not much blade feel and great smoothness.

Towards that end, the 1.35 was ordered. I was worried that it might feel like too much, or not feel smooth, or seem "aggressive." That has not been the case. I'm not sure, after only two shaves with the 1.35, that it's all that much different from the 1.15 except in one respect. The 1.35 is clearly more efficient than the 1.15.

It's far too soon to say much more than that, but I'm pretty pleased I decided to acquire the 1.35. It is definitely a contender for Daily Driver status.

I certainly am not disagreeing with you concerning smoothness and efficiency and how they change and vary with the various gaps. I'd expected more decline in smoothness going from the 1.15 to the 1.35. It would be interesting to compare the 0.95 with the 1.35 or 1.55.

Other WR2 gaps I considered with this second Wolfman purchase were the 0.95 and the 1.55. In other words, as usual, I'm fumbling about.

Happy shaves,

Jim

This is the Wolfman Club. Welcome!
Thank you Black-Tie, I'm in. :punk:

Here's my Wolfman WR2-SB 1.25 GT:
SOTD-WR2GT-Y_2021-09-08.jpg

I feel somewhat under-qualified compared to @Madeinussr1981 as I have only ONE Wolfman head. :lol1:

All the Wolfman handles are way too heavy and long for my taste. I'm all for small sports car maneuverability so my GT handle (made by my good friend @Rosseforp) suits me down to the ground. It's 75mm long, 14mm diameter, and weighs in at 14g. :biggrin:

I'm a lifelong steep angle shaver. How anyone can shave steep with some of today's vaulting pole length handles beats me. :crazy:
But then, YMMV is a good thing. Vive la différence. :thumbup:

View attachment 1351711

I feel somewhat under-qualified compared to @Madeinussr1981 as I have only ONE Wolfman head. :lol1:

All the Wolfman handles are way too heavy and long for my taste. I'm all for small sports car maneuverability so my GT handle (made by my good friend @Rosseforp) suits me down to the ground. It's 75mm long, 14mm diameter, and weighs in at 14g. :biggrin:

I'm a lifelong steep angle shaver. How anyone can shave steep with some of today's vaulting pole length handles beats me. :crazy:
Sir it’s not the quantity but quality in my books. By the way that a very nice handle

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Halloween Week - SOTD Friday:
Wolfman WR2 1.55
Polsilver Brown Box Stainless
Paladin Tigris Lotus
The Holy Black Dr Jeckly / Mr Hyde Soap
The Holy Black Vampire Hunter Splash

2021-10-29 06.37.38-1 (2).jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

View attachment 1351711

Welcome, Cal.

Nice kit and nice photo. Very cool handle.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Reactions: Cal
Anyone with a Blackbird and 1.25 WR2 that can compare blade feel between the two? Just put myself on the waitlist and wonder how these compare. I don’t mind the Blacbird blade feel but don’t want to go any more….actually would prefer a bit less blade feel as I shave daily.

Just wondering if I go 1.25 or 1.15 on the WR2. Thanks.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Thank you for the feedback. Love my Bird so if the 1.25 has similar efficiency with less blade feel then it sounds like a winner.
Here's the rub. I had the first run Blackbird. It was really too much razor for me. I got great shaves, but also a lot of irritation. So I sold it. I got the WR2 1.15 and found it to be super good. Smooth and comfortable while providing excellent shaves. Then I went to a 1.25. It is a little less smooth, but more efficient. Still much more comfortable and usable for me than the Blackbird. Recently I got a 1.55. Again, amazingly smooth for what it is. A lot more blade feel, but certainly within my current tolerance level. Mega efficient. Also to note is that I discovered steep angle shaving along the way. Was it before or just after I sold my Blackbird? I dont really recall. But I think I discovered the steep right after I sold the BB. And i have gained much technique with using super efficient razors, as well as very aggressive razors in the years since I sold the BB. So now I wonder if the Blackbird would be amazing given my wet shaving evolution? I may have to find out! Regardless, you can not go wrong with the WR2 1.25. Between the 1.15 and the 1.25... one of them is my favorite razor ever. I just need to decide which one and sell the other. :) Good luck with your decision.

Top Bottom