What's new

Arko August 2021

In honor of the last day, I forced myself to shave two days in a row with the same soap. As with most things I take on, I started the month strong and quickly dropped to the down-low category. Congrats to those who can use the same product every day. I enjoyed the brotherhood all month though. See ya here next year. For those without a boar brush, treat yourself right and make sure you get one :)

Winning Razor made by the genius razor master Jake Yates
Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow blade
ARKO
Pinaud Clubman for the win

IMG_20210831_201524222.jpg

Last day of Arko August. Kinda sad as I've enjoyed reading about everyone's shaves here. But it will be back next year.

Brush: Semougue 830
Razor: Gillette Black Beauty
Blade: Astra SP
Soap: Arko stick
Aftershave: Epsilon Mediterranean Blue

Made for a great last shave for this event

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
View attachment 1320092

Razor: Razorock Lupo 72
Blade: Nacet (4)
Brush: Omega 10066
Soap: Arko
Aftershave: Stirling Bay Rum

Arko August SOTD

Good morning! What a nice shave. Arko’s performance was excellent as always. Face lathered with the 10066, and then a quick 2 passes with the Lupo. The Lupo / Nacet combo has really been working great this time around. BBS, no mishaps or irritation. Finished with Stirling Bay Rum. I will be getting more when the sample runs out.

10/10
Love the art on the soap container!
Final ARKO shave this morning. Time to revisit my more fragrant rotation.

Final tally: 29 Arko shaves / 29 total shaves this month. 100% ARKO!

View attachment 1320349
PAX 178
ARKO
Heritage Collection Klenzo
Old Spice Classic
Is that Arkoman in the Can the only one you used, and did it first get used in this month of August? Just curious, as he looks like he is about half as tall in the Plastic Twist Up Can you have him in as he does straight from the factory in Arkoland....
Today's finishline has me contemplating a joyful month of learning Arko. As a stick, its the perfect travel soap. The razor glides on its Ivory soap-like lather, which leaves my face feeling clean. It's ridiculously inexpensive (less than $2.50 US). Wish I would have taken to heart the Arko musings from @FarmerTan long ago. Coincidentally, he also gives doggone stellar marital advice (e.g., go to church and watch Hallmark movies together).
The Tanned Farmer don't get near the wreck-oh-nition he deserves. I've got wisdom literally OOZING out of my body, from the love inflicted on me by the War Department. I was just reminding her earlier just how blessed she was to have me as I was watching "Heartland" with her!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I shaved every time I shaved in August with Arko, but I'll bet I only shaved a dozen times.
Arko is the "Everyman's" shave stick, kind of a proudly blue collar, bring yer lunch, werk hard all day and go home and get on B and B and chill soap.

Arko-Sharko Whole-Hog (all Arko with a side of Shark and Straight) 😀

Shave: 31
8/31/2021
Soap: ARKO stick smashed into an Old Spice Mug.
Razors: Gold Dollar named Ida. New to me ball end Tech
Blade: Shark platinum super stainless (40)
Brush: Stirling Finest Badger 24mm fan knot.
Aftershave: Old Spice

I was able to shave with my new method edge. Very pleasant. I enjoyed it very much. I did use the shark a tiny bit at the end just so I could say that I finished Arko August 2021 with an Arko-Sharko shave.

Arko remains my go to soap. It’s the one soap that I compare all other lathers to.​

Forgot to post yesterday. But finished out the month with Arko for the Win!
Razor: Gillette Mach3 Turbo vs RR GC.68-P
Blade: Gillette Mach3 Turbo vs Wizamet
Brush: Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Timeless
Soap: Arko
A/S: AV
Two pass shave left me clean and ready for the workday. Shave was nearly identical on both sides as far as closeness goes. The GC/Wiz combo was vastly smoother though, with no post shave irritation, the same cannot be said for the Mach3. I did this test to decide what I wanted to shave with over camping. I think I found a winner! It was a great month, thanks to everyone here for making it so enjoyable! Take care y’all!
98B26FAE-AFA5-4C34-B5AE-F3AAC505E449.jpeg

Top Bottom