What's new

List all the exes and reason(s) of divorce.

Merkur 23C - gave it to my father, who as a result returned to his youth days of wetshaving, after many years of cartridge razor use.

Gillette Tech - gave it to my Muhle R41 loving friend, as I have 7 others. He shaved with it once and went back to his R41. Stupid if you ask me, but whatever. Love my Techs.

Parker 98R - this was a hefty razor, but the chrome plating on the head was so poorly done, it started flaking off. So I ended up donating it to my father in law.

Here are some:
  • R.41. Constant irritation on neck.
  • Weber DLC. Profit too great to pass up. Plus the black anodized head on a SS razor did not appeal to me. Stupid mistake.
  • Slim. Had two and thought a B&B member could use it.
  • Aristocrat. Wasn't using it enough and a B&B member posted a WTB.
  • RR Stealth Slant SS version. Tripled my money and still had the aluminum version.
  • Hoffritz Slant. Found it to be the same as the Merkur version. I am a user not a collector.
  • Merkur Futur. Too aggressive for me. Cut myself putting blades in the razor. Found it difficult to shave under nose (razor head too big.)
  • Gillette New OC. Had three and kept one.
  • Six different Schick and Pal injector razors. Five different GEM SE razors. Decided to eliminate all but DE razors.

First it was developing in a friendship instead of a relationship and I started to have the all bundy feeling is it Christmas allready?
Second the more she spoke my language the more I understood her and feared for me and my parents life.
Third we are still friends and she is happy with someone else so no problem....

Oh we were talking razors....

Ikon torque slant x we were not friends could never find the right blade or my skills were lacking

Paa Alluminium slant a dragging coating and a tip cap which could shave without a blade.

Oneblade genesis very nice razor but somehow I prefer the core or my oneblade and that makes it an expensive wallhanger

Focus dynamic r50 sd nice razor but a bit tail heavy balanced. Would have loved the evo head on a Alluminium handle though.

Gem bullet tip. Nice razor but no usage.

Gillette Alluminium tech uk. Good razor but I like some heft. So I made a shave buddy happy.

Gem Damaskeene still for sale on eBay because I do not use it.

Gillette carts well because the lubra strip and multiple blades irritate me.

Muhle R41 borrowed but will not buy good razor and shave but a bit too much for me.

Doubt: Gillette super adjustable, Parker variant.
The simple reason I do not use them that much still good shavers...

Keepers:
Broman my daily shaver
Focus r48 just for difficult places
Oneblade Core for recovery mindless shaves
Qshave futul for a true bbs and making sure I do not sleep ;-)
Gilette open comb old type for real lawnmower jobs and this is my grandfathers razor and I probably have his dads old type too but do not use that one because of a damaged tooth

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Schick injector, my first razor (now regret letting it go)
Henckels straight (still have it. Just got tired of the extra work a straight requires and needed a quicker shave during my early working years.)
Mid-70s Gillette TTO adjustable with black plastic handle (just never got completely okay with it)
Merkur 23C long handle (just didn't like it...not sure why. It just shaved kind of rough)

Currently using an AS-D2, but this accursed site has me wondering what else I might like better.

Never had too many DE razors, but those which have departed:
Merkur Futur-stolen. Later replaced
Schick Krona-way too mild
Gillette Super Speed (1951)-too mild, too small
Chinese copy of Merkur Future-replaced with the real deal
...3 or 4 other Chinese specimens which were overall cheesy.

Only kept a few over the years:
Muhle R41 (2011)-Vicious beast. I love it.
Rockwell 6S-Nice overall razor. Very versatile.
Merkur Futur-ditto
Some kind of Razorock TTO. Keep it in the bug out shave kit. Will be replaced one day.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
EJ DE89 - my first DE and a fine razor. I passed it along to my best friend. The rest I still have.

Mergress - nice adjustable.
Gillette Slim - I wanted an old Gillette and this on fits the bill.
ATT M1, M2, R1, S1 - nice razors. The M1 is too mild to use, but the rest are fine. I usually travel with the S1 (almost impossible to get a weeper and I don't travel with alum or styptic).

Wolfman WR1 - purchased 5-6 years ago when he first started to get popular (about $155 USD). This is my daily driver since it arrived, but I don't travel with it (too afraid of losing it).

EJ DE89 - my first DE and a fine razor. I passed it along to my best friend. The rest I still have.

Mergress - nice adjustable.
Gillette Slim - I wanted an old Gillette and this on fits the bill.
ATT M1, M2, R1, S1 - nice razors. The M1 is too mild to use, but the rest are fine. I usually travel with the S1 (almost impossible to get a weeper and I don't travel with alum or styptic).

Wolfman WR1 - purchased 5-6 years ago when he first started to get popular (about $155 USD). This is my daily driver since it arrived, but I don't travel with it (too afraid of losing it).

You, Sir, have GREAT TASTE!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I've looked through this thread quite a bit. Was intimidated to try to remember all the ones I've tried and let go. I have around 35 razors in my collection now but I've easily gone through that many that I tried and got rid of because I didn't like it or didn't like it as much as something else similar I also had.

- Merkur 37c/Razorock German 37: loved both but I found a Hoffritz in a lot I bought that cleaned up nicely and prefer the vintage-ness
- A multitude of Schicks and Eversharps: I've tried most Schick models from E through M models as well as multiple Eversharps. I kept one NOS G model in a cool box because while I can tell some differences between the models, it wasn't enough to justify keeping more than one for me.
-PAL Adjustable: Very similar to the Schicks
- Merkur 34c: My first razor. Prefer vintage and similar enough to my King C Gillette (that was a gift from the wife)
- Gillette Heritage: Preferred the handle and case over the King C Gillette, but the other was a gift and didn't see the need to keep both
- Fatip Classic Grande: Just wasn't for me
- Gillette Slim: Once I found the setting I liked it was no longer adjustable and was basically the same as my Milord/Ranger Tech
- Gillette RFB: An unfortunate bump to an already bent tooth broke it
- Razorock Hawk: Didn't dislike it but just never found myself reaching for it. My only AC blade experience
- Various shavettes: Meh for me
- Various straights: Enjoyed it but required too much prep and wasn't as intuitive for me as DE/SE
- GEM Push Button: Too mild, have multiple other GEM's
- GEM Flying wing: Very similar to my other GEM's
- Vintage Barbasol: Nice razor, never found myself reaching for it, was able to sell it for WAY more than I paid because it was a surprise in a lot
- Stahly Live Blade: Loved the look of the wood box and handle, even on another handle never was overly impressed with the shave
- Gillette Gold Tech: No different than my 5 other Techs except for the Gold and the gold plating wasn't the greatest
- Gillette Flare Tip: Later model - 70's I think - prefer the earlier SS models
- Gillette Tech Thin Handle French Set - it was nice but the cost to enjoyment level wasn't enough to keep it so I sold it to get other items
- Schick Krona - nice, but not that much different from my Gillettes
- Holy Black SR71 - was ok but nothing special to me and the handle was too big

- I'm sure I'm missing a few as well

As far as spouses go, still on #1 and will be celebrating our 19th anniversary soon!

Only one razor has come and gone, as I "PIF'd" it a while ago ----- the Merkur 39C Slant.
I wanted to try a slant, but was never able to really enjoy it, and never felt comfortable using it.
My current collection, each of which I use as part of a regular rotation, are the Timeless Bronze,
Timeless Aluminum, Maggard's MR5-v.3, Elite Razors 34C, Rockwell 6C, and Edwin Jagger Ebony.
A Gillette Nacet blade in each one, except for a Feather in the Timeless Aluminum. :thumbup::thumbup:

Razorock JAWS 84: Way too much of a Michael Scott and Jan relationship. The safe word is “foliage” but she doesn’t stop most of the time she hears it.

1612113137151.jpeg

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
You come in to shave with a 10 at 2:00, and finish with a 2 at 10:00?

Every single plain DE I've ever owned. Meh. OK, they shave. Just not with style and panache. I prefer slants.

I've also sent a few slants back out the door: iKon X3, Parker Semi-Slant, PAA Oxblood Bakelite Alpha Ecliptic.

ACSE: ATT SE1x2, ATT SE2, RazoRock Hawk V3OC. Kept the V3SB, and now exploring AC-bladed straights.

Gem SE: Sold or PIFfed Star lather catcher, Gem Damaskeene, several Gem 1912s. Modified: ATT G1. Also keeping: Gem Jr. Bar, Gem MMOC, Blackland Sabre. Probably if I had to have just one it would be the Blackland. That thing is surreal.

Naked blades: Parker SRX, Razorine. Sold the Razorine after it turned a little vampiric. Which is to say technique isn't good yet. Found the Focus Slim Al which is everything I ever wanted in a 1/2 DE barber razor. Would like to try a Universal Lama Intera (takes a full DE blade).

O.H.

R

romsitsa

Basically all, except the ones I was gifted, were built by me or are new additions under testing.
For some time I tought I’m a collector, turned out I’m not, so it made no sense to pile up razors.

wew...quite a few razors have come and gone for me:

Merkur 1904:my first DE razor, gave decent shaves and was great to learn on, but have since found better/made of better material

Merkur 38c: wanted to try a longer handled shaver after the 1904, but it was just alright, passed along to friend at work

Merkur 39c: the only two reasons I no longer own this thing is because I don't want Zamak razors anymore, nor do I want a 2 piece, otherwise was a fantastic shaver, shipped out to a friend to try

Muhle R41: same as 39c, except I found this performed especially well for me otherwise

Blackland Dart: too aggressive and the head was bulky in such a way for me I accidently shaved a bit of skin off the side of my nostril, shame because it seems like a really well built razor

Rockwell 6s: liked it at first but became less and less impressed with it, also I found the plates below 6 to be useless

Gamechanger .68p and .84oc: 68 was WAY too mild for me to use and the .84oc I still found to be a great shaver but felt I got better shaves with others in my collection plus I tend to nick myself in certain spots with OCs so I gave the .68 to my dad and the .84 I shipped off to a friend

El Phantasma: too lightweight for my liking

Ikon Shavecraft Tek: WAY TOO AGGRESSIVE, gave me horrible shaves to the point that I felt I may as well have taped a blade to a stick to shave with

Ikon X3: too mild

Merkur 1904 given to one of my twin nephews when I taught him how to shave with a DE razor.

Merkur 34c given to my other twin nephew when I taught him to DE shave.

EJ89, I broke it after years of faithful service and patience as I learned to remove whiskers while keeping skin in place. (I’m a slow learner, me and EJ had a few shouting matches...I would shout and he’d just stare at me...)

I’ve never had “a big harem” of razors. Keep and use my 3 razor rotation: Timeless Bronze TRBR38, Timeless Aluminum ALSB45, Blackland Tradere SB. It’s a small but happy place for me.

None!
Im a lover, not a fighter...

I only own four razors.
Tech
FOCS
Karve
Progress
I have a fifth on the way. (Lupo)
And have a self-imposed rule of 6 max.(maybe a Dart?...) (if I get to 6, then after that its a “one in, one out” rule)

I recently split with a Tatara Masamune. We're still friends. I just figured out that while I like a rotation there is a practical limit (for me anyway) and it seemed almost selfish to just park such an excellent razor while I'm catting around. I'm leaning slightly toward that one-in one-out idea. I would not rule out getting back together one day!

I've had a few break ups, all mostly amicable.

1. Timeless 95 SS (too huge and bulky)
2. Charcoal Goods Lvl 2 Gen 1 (hot, but I found someone hotter)
3. Blackbird SS Matt (abrasive if not handled with care, emotionally unavailable)
4. Wolfman WR2 1.15 SB, WR2 1.45 SB, WR1 86/80 (superseded by higher spec'd models)
5. Wolfman Darwin, WRH7 Small Hollow, WRH1 Hollow (great but none beat the WRH7 XL Hollow)

I now have the three best razors in the world in the world (as selected by me)

Wolfman 1.35 (SS), 1.55 Ti, Gillette Red Tip UK.

Only upcoming release remotely interesting is the Rocnel Sailor Adjustable in Ti,
largely for its low weight. It's a relief to be able to just sit back and enjoy shaving instead
of relentlessly pursuing the next piece of kit.

Top Bottom