What's new

Meet Us At The Diner

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have a huge hankering for pastrami on toasted rye. Unfortunately, I won’t get off in time to hit the grocery store deli.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I had a New York Strip today for lunch, instead of my normal ribeye. It was a nice change.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Gino’s of Chicago has a place here in Arlington. It’s my first Chicago pie. Crust, sauce, everything tastes great, but just a bit too much crust for me. They do have a thin crust, which I’ll get next time.

CB6BB3A9-7385-4FB9-A2D9-109815F4CC1D.jpeg

Waitress. I'll have the blue plate, Diet Pepsi, and a cherry pie if it is fresh.

Hello folks
For my birthday, tomorrow, I decided to do the Ancestry DNA thing. I thought I had timed it right to get my results just before my birthday. I was going to wait until my birthday to open it. They must be busy because I just got the text that says the DNA was extracted and the website says the DNA is being analyzed. I usually get the blues around this time but waiting for this keeping them mostly at bay.

Its going to be interesting because there is some controversy in the family about the lineage of my great grandmother; Native American or Not Native American. Her records burned in a court house fire.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Here’s a question- a recipe calls for a cup of dry red wine. Will 1.5 liters be good, or should I play it safe and buy two? :lol:

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Southside Market Jalapeño Summer Sausage from Elgin, TX along with some Jalapeño Palmetto Cheese from Pawley's Island, SC. Better leave a window open LOL!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Southside Market Jalapeño Summer Sausage from Elgin, TX along with some Jalapeño Palmetto Cheese from Pawley's Island, SC. Better leave a window open LOL!
Did you order the sausage in the mail or is it available in your local supermarket?

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Did you order the sausage in the mail or is it available in your local supermarket?

Have to order it. I always get a few different items to help offset the shipping. They ship in a nice styrofoam box with dry ice. I re-use the box to rest my briskets and pork butts. I like most all of their sausages and their jerky is great too.

Most of the summer sausage that you see in the stores now is horrible.

Top Bottom