What's new

Meet Us At The Diner

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Southside Market Jalapeño Summer Sausage from Elgin, TX along with some Jalapeño Palmetto Cheese from Pawley's Island, SC. Better leave a window open LOL!
The only place that does sausage better than the German Hill Country is the homeland itself.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Meyers is great. When I worked out that way, it was always a challenge deciding whether to turn right or left at lunchtime!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The US post office has stepped up their game. Tracking is pretty darn good and get a door bell ring when its arrived on the doorstep.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Went to my local steak joint. I always sit in Vince's section- the hostesses know that I always request him (once I find a server I like, I always ask for that person). A new waitress jumped his table and took over. I heard them discussing it (they did this elsewhere, but I have good hearing), and she said he already had 4 tables and she only had 2, so she took it upon herself to take over. I didn't make a fuss about it, but I am going to be calling the manager. I know I will not always be able to get who I want, especially if the place is busy, but if I ask for a person, they have an empty table, and a waiter with 2 days of experience claim jumps- well, that isn't right.

We bought our house in 1989 and not once have i hung out with my neighbours. I still have neighbours that were here when we moved in and know most people in my neighbourhood(s) because we're walkers. I'm a social grazer... never stop long in one spot.

When we had Angolan refugees living next door my daughter would get invitations and eat there on occasion, the cooking aromas coming from their kitchen were terrific!
dave

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Got a new spice coming- ras el hanout. My wife has been watching Jamie Oliver’s five ingredient show lately, and he used this as a rub on lamb shoulder. Has any one had it before?

99BAE24A-E6D8-4856-87AA-CEF281EFDECF.png

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Got a new spice coming- ras el hanout. My wife has been watching Jamie Oliver’s five ingredient show lately, and he used this as a rub on lamb shoulder. Has any one had it before?

View attachment 987566
I saw that episode and wondered the same thing. I couldn't understand what he was saying with his English accent and lisp, so I had to put the deaf words on. I'll be watching to see what you put that on.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I saw that episode and wondered the same thing. I couldn't understand what he was saying with his English accent and lisp, so I had to put the deaf words on. I'll be watching to see what you put that on.
She wants to try lamb shoulder, so that will probably be what I do first. I grew up watching Monte Python and Benny Hill, so I generally have few problems with the accents.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I've not tried ras el hanout itself but have used a generic Moroccan rub which I like on lamb.
Looking at the ingredient it sounds tasty.

As for Jammies accent, I have no problem understanding him.

Top Bottom