What's new

Meet Us At The Diner

Did something today that makes me feel good. We closed our marine repair shop several years ago. All of the special tools, and the manuals have been just sitting. The market is flooded so selling them was a no go. A local underfunded public trade school has a marine program that has nothing. We donated close to a thousand manuals today and will send nearly the same amount of special tools over next week.

Yes we get the donation taken off the taxes, but helping the kids is why we did it.

I’ll have a pastrami on rye with good mustard to celebrate.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Very nice to contribute to the next generation.

So . . . about this very good mustard . . . do say more.

That was just a wish sandwich from the imaginary waitress here at the diner. I really Ended up with frozen pizza.

As for the mustard, call me cheesy but I like Frenches Spicey brown Mustard on pastrami.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Did something today that makes me feel good. We closed our marine repair shop several years ago. All of the special tools, and the manuals have been just sitting. The market is flooded so selling them was a no go. A local underfunded public trade school has a marine program that has nothing. We donated close to a thousand manuals today and will send nearly the same amount of special tools over next week.

Yes we get the donation taken off the taxes, but helping the kids is why we did it.

I’ll have a pastrami on rye with good mustard to celebrate.
You deserve a PoR

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My annual pay raise came through on this check, and I got a promotion and another raise this week, so I decided to celebrate. Normally I get the 12 oz rib eye with salad and broccoli. Today I figured I would splurge and go with the 16 oz. I almost didn't make it through it (luckily, I didn't eat any of their great rolls). When I was 22 and about 180 lbs I could probably tear up two 16 oz steak at a sitting with no problem. Now I am older and heavier I barely made it through one. It's funny how that works.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
My annual pay raise came through on this check, and I got a promotion and another raise this week, so I decided to celebrate. Normally I get the 12 oz rib eye with salad and broccoli. Today I figured I would splurge and go with the 16 oz. I almost didn't make it through it (luckily, I didn't eat any of their great rolls). When I was 22 and about 180 lbs I could probably tear up two 16 oz steak at a sitting with no problem. Now I am older and heavier I barely made it through one. It's funny how that works.
But it's not funny how other things don't work.

A 300-350g (~10-12oz) steak feeds three of us usually with a bit leftover for my next vegetable stir fry. A lot of things, a couple bites and i'm ready to move on to something new and different. Most of the time I'm not really a very big eater.

dave

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My wife went to the store, and sent me a picture (I am at work) of pumpernickel bread, Boar's Head Maple Glazed Honey Coat Ham, and some bacon she fried up to put on my sandwich tonight. Does this woman know how to flirt, or what? :lol:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Today, a friend of mine (next time...I'll take the Mrs while we're in town), and I went to this small & cozy hot dog joint in Lake Charles, LA for lunch and not only were we surprised, but the dogs were well worth it (check-out all the toppings...I had the 'Brooklyn' dog and 'Garlic Butter Fries')!
proxy.php

Weenie Dogs Logo - 1.png
Weenie Dogs Hot Dog Joint

proxy.php
"Hot dog is always a good idea". Popular Saying

Last edited:
I made a convert today.:thumbup1:

We have a friend staying with us for a few days, and today he asked me what the learning curve was for using a DE razor, and would I show him how to go about it? He was probably checking out my carousel of brushes and razors in the bathroom, and he has heard me holding forth on the joys of DE razors and wet-shaving. He has a short circle beard, but has been using some kind of five-blade disposable for the rest of his face. They're a dollar or so each, and he gets 3-5 shaves out of them. He's on a tight budget, so when I said my current blade consumption was costing me 0.23 cents per shave he definitely wanted to try it.

So, upstairs we go, and I start dragging out stuff. I told him about the advantages and disadvantages of the various kinds of razors I had. I decided to start him off with a Slim set to 3, a Wilkinson Sword boar brush (because they're readily available here), and a new Astra SP blade. He liked the scent of the Wilkinson Sword blue tub soap, so that's what we used for the tutorial. It was going well, so for the 2nd pass we cranked the Slim up to 5. Finished off with a rinse, alum, and rinse. No blood, and only a little bit of alum "feedback".

He was hooked, so we made a trip to the local pharmacy. I pointed out various products he might find locally. I piffed him the box of 5 Astra SP blades, a new Wilkinson Sword brush, a new blue tub of WS soap, and a hammered-effect stainless steel bowl just like the one I use. I had a spare bowl aroound the house for just such a contingency. I am lending him the Slim until he settles on a degree of aggressiveness and can decide what he'll want to look for. He wanted to buy the Slim from me, but it has sentimental value.

I made a convert today.:thumbup1:

We have a friend staying with us for a few days, and today he asked me what the learning curve was for using a DE razor, and would I show him how to go about it? He was probably checking out my carousel of brushes and razors in the bathroom, and he has heard me holding forth on the joys of DE razors and wet-shaving. He has a short circle beard, but has been using some kind of five-blade disposable for the rest of his face. They're a dollar or so each, and he gets 3-5 shaves out of them. He's on a tight budget, so when I said my current blade consumption was costing me 0.23 cents per shave he definitely wanted to try it.

So, upstairs we go, and I start dragging out stuff. I told him about the advantages and disadvantages of the various kinds of razors I had. I decided to start him off with a Slim set to 3, a Wilkinson Sword boar brush (because they're readily available here), and a new Astra SP blade. He liked the scent of the Wilkinson Sword blue tub soap, so that's what we used for the tutorial. It was going well, so for the 2nd pass we cranked the Slim up to 5. Finished off with a rinse, alum, and rinse. No blood, and only a little bit of alum "feedback".

He was hooked, so we made a trip to the local pharmacy. I pointed out various products he might find locally. I piffed him the box of 5 Astra SP blades, a new Wilkinson Sword brush, a new blue tub of WS soap, and a hammered-effect stainless steel bowl just like the one I use. I had a spare bowl aroound the house for just such a contingency. I am lending him the Slim until he settles on a degree of aggressiveness and can decide what he'll want to look for. He wanted to buy the Slim from me, but it has sentimental value.

Pusher man! Come here sonny. Let me tell you how much you'll save per shave. Just ignore the second mortgage you will take out to try different soaps, brushes, creams, AS, PS, razors, etc....":letterk1:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Pusher man! Come here sonny. Let me tell you how much you'll save per shave. Just ignore the second mortgage you will take out to try different soaps, brushes, creams, AS, PS, razors, etc....":letterk1:
And think of all the money saved in the Brown Leaf. :lol:

Top Bottom