What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

R

romsitsa

Thank you. Another razor on my "you won't get one, ever" list. The empty packet was sent back to the seller (because logic), so I have no hope that the actual goods will pop up.
Both parties are covered, but it's unbelievable that it was tracked a still got opened and lost.

Adam

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Re-branded Merkur 37c circa 1975

DSCF0008 - Edited (1).jpg

Thank you. Another razor on my "you won't get one, ever" list. The empty packet was sent back to the seller (because logic), so I have no hope that the actual goods will pop up.
Both parties are covered, but it's unbelievable that it was tracked a still got opened and lost.

Adam

A while ago I got an empty padded envelope... which should have contained a very nice Canadian SR set... I got covered by PayPal... but I wanted the set.. which of course never turned up..

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Re-branded Merkur 37c circa 1975

Scalloped top cap (unless a modern replacement) puts it later than '75 I believe. Also, if it's a silver plated handle it is a re-branded 37, not the chrome plated 37C

Congrats on the find, those make great everyday tools!

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Scalloped top cap (unless a modern replacement) puts it later than '75 I believe. Also, if it's a silver plated handle it is a re-branded 37, not the chrome plated 37C

Congrats on the find, those make great everyday tools!
Thanks for the info. Obviously, I'm no Merkur historian. I knew it was silver plated by the tarnish, and now i realize the "c" would be for chrome.

Bought a Rockwell 6C a couple weeks ago:

proxy.php

Been looking for a new daily since I lost my Parker Variant a few months ago on vacation. I'd been using my standby Merkur 38 HD. The Merkur nice, but not aggressive enough for me. I kinda like the the way the Rockwell adjusts using different bases rather than twist screw. Been using 3 to start & might try 4. I really liked my Parker Variant except that I couldn't get it in shiny chrome, only satin chrome. The shiny chrome glides a bit smoother than the satin for me. Anyway, the Rockwell is nicely weighted, quality is on par, decent price, I paid $49 on Amazon for it. I didn't try the blade that came with it, I stick with Feathers.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Bought a Rockwell 6C a couple weeks ago:
+1 I too fund that polished chrome gives a smother shave. I used up my Rockwell blades though. Fewer shaves per blade. But not bad.
Enjoy!
proxy.php

Been looking for a new daily since I lost my Parker Variant a few months ago on vacation. I'd been using my standby Merkur 38 HD. The Merkur nice, but not aggressive enough for me. I kinda like the the way the Rockwell adjusts using different bases rather than twist screw. Been using 3 to start & might try 4. I really liked my Parker Variant except that I couldn't get it in shiny chrome, only satin chrome. The shiny chrome glides a bit smoother than the satin for me. Anyway, the Rockwell is nicely weighted, quality is on par, decent price, I paid $49 on Amazon for it. I didn't try the blade that came with it, I stick with Feathers.

Adam

I am so sorry to hear this, Adam - unbelievable!!!

I am sure though that you have now a serious claim with the shaving gods and that they will keep you whole at a later stage!!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
92382A71-FF7C-4459-9C14-B84FEC55B647.jpeg FD9DBB92-95D6-43C1-9500-E74EFACBE9A8.jpeg 79AB9825-E605-4467-86D5-042443361BF1.jpeg 22DDD2CA-F286-457A-A3CA-D617AC0A2180.jpeg 82B55ACF-2E1B-48B5-BAC4-3CFA050DE41A.jpeg Mail call today. It came from eBay Canada, interesting trying to converse with the seller in French when I don’t speak French. The price was right for me. The postage was almost the same price as the razor. That is the trouble here in Australia, the cost of postage can kill a sale. It also came with 4 Berkeley Blades which I have never heard of before.

Top Bottom