What's new

Wolfman WR2 1.55 for a daily shaver?

Showed up today. We'll see how this beauty shaves on the morning.

20230724_112534.jpg
20230724_112552.jpg
20230724_112600.jpg
20230724_112605.jpg
20230724_112610.jpg

I have a 1.55 WR2 and I could daily shave with it. I have to concentrate shaving with it because if I don’t I could cut myself more easily than my other razors. I have sensitive skin and the 1.55 WR2 is great.

Interesting, seems to a lot of talk on the Wolfmans blade gap. I do not see much on blade exposure, blade angle. As we know it nice to have a nice spec overview. Just wondering say of the WR2 starting with the 1.15 and going up, what if any are the changes at least the blade exposure. Thinking of treating my dad for his up and coming 96 b-day..
Know there a wait, no biggie..
BFX

Interesting, seems to a lot of talk on the Wolfmans blade gap. I do not see much on blade exposure, blade angle. As we know it nice to have a nice spec overview. Just wondering say of the WR2 starting with the 1.15 and going up, what if any are the changes at least the blade exposure. Thinking of treating my dad for his up and coming 96 b-day..
Know there a wait, no biggie..
BFX
Post #24 has the WR2 info you're looking for nicely compared on a graph to other razors. I'm not quite sure where the original information came from though.
Blade gap and exposure - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/blade-gap-and-exposure.636078/page-2

Post #24 has the WR2 info you're looking for nicely compared on a graph to other razors. I'm not quite sure where the original information came from though.
Blade gap and exposure - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/blade-gap-and-exposure.636078/page-2
Thanks but tough to figure out, my eyes are watering...lol With a large glob of many razors. Those types on charts are a lot easier without so many data points. I thought will the Wolfman being so exclusive someone may a have a straight forward list. Strange how Wolfman does not share it ...

Thanks but tough to figure out, my eyes are watering...lol With a large glob of many razors. Those types on charts are a lot easier without so many data points. I thought will the Wolfman being so exclusive someone may a have a straight forward list. Strange how Wolfman does not share it ...
Here you go:

Here you go:

Perfecto...very appreciative..
That I can read....
BFX

Do we know if this info came from the manufacturer? Or is it based on user measurements? The chart matches up with the graph, so I'm assuming it was the source for the graph.

I've also been interested in using a 1.55 WR2 for daily shaves, and have found the reports of others stating that the WR2 keeps getting more efficient yet remaining smooth.

I've been experimenting with shimming a different razor to 1.55 mm gap and my experiments do mirror that sentiment - I don't notice much of a drop in smoothness, and it's quite a bit more efficient as long as I use a steep angle. I also do still have stubble to shave 24 hours later. I've actually been wondering if I should go further than 1.55 on a WR2 order as I've seen at least a couple reports of 1.65 mm being used daily with satisfaction.

Any chance that anyone here has used both a 1.55 and 1.65 for daily shaves? Much of a difference?

Do we know if this info came from the manufacturer? Or is it based on user measurements? The chart matches up with the graph, so I'm assuming it was the source for the graph.
I should have put in an explainer, it is. Somewhere the poster of the linked post explained that some of these were measured and some extrapolated. Some WR2 clearly don't make sense when compared to the WR1 gaps because the exposure on that one goes up ever other gap. I have seen a lot more posts here and elsewhere that seem to agree on the WR1, but the WR2 is a bit unknown in some of the middle range. I know there is a photo floating around, and commentary along with it, that the .95 is neutral not negative. I believe the 1.05 is one of the somehow known gaps and that .95 is an extrapolation. I wouldn't post anything that I have typed on one of the more active threads without more research, but it's not worth my time right now(figuring out who to attribute which ones to).

I've also been interested in using a 1.55 WR2 for daily shaves, and have found the reports of others stating that the WR2 keeps getting more efficient yet remaining smooth.

I've been experimenting with shimming a different razor to 1.55 mm gap and my experiments do mirror that sentiment - I don't notice much of a drop in smoothness, and it's quite a bit more efficient as long as I use a steep angle. I also do still have stubble to shave 24 hours later. I've actually been wondering if I should go further than 1.55 on a WR2 order as I've seen at least a couple reports of 1.65 mm being used daily with satisfaction.

Any chance that anyone here has used both a 1.55 and 1.65 for daily shaves? Much of a difference?
I repeat for me 1.55 WTG and ATG everyday makes no sense, it is a truly efficient razor... it is unlikely that the skin can handle 2 passes every day
Only WTG I can also believe

I think a WR2 1.35 can do WTG and ATG very well every day and still remain efficient "BBird level"

I should have put in an explainer, it is. Somewhere the poster of the linked post explained that some of these were measured and some extrapolated. Some WR2 clearly don't make sense when compared to the WR1 gaps because the exposure on that one goes up ever other gap. I have seen a lot more posts here and elsewhere that seem to agree on the WR1, but the WR2 is a bit unknown in some of the middle range. I know there is a photo floating around, and commentary along with it, that the .95 is neutral not negative. I believe the 1.05 is one of the somehow known gaps and that .95 is an extrapolation. I wouldn't post anything that I have typed on one of the more active threads without more research, but it's not worth my time right now(figuring out who to attribute which ones to).
I've read that the top caps are all the same, and there's been some indication that the gaps are only set by adjusting the thickness of the safety bar. So, it does seem reasonable that if you had two known gap/exposure combinations, you could extrapolate what they would be for all the gaps.

Top Bottom