What's new

Wolfman WR2 1.55 for a daily shaver?

I cannot imagine the 1.55 for a DD. I have a 1.25 but i think it's a bit much for every single day. I may shave 2 or 3 days in a row with the 1.25 but then take off a day here and there- i think that is the saving grace. After day 3 i'll notice some bumps and blemishes here and there because its such a close shaver. But a 1.55 every single day- no chance that will work for me.
If you're really a daily shaver then i'd say the 1.05 exposure would be a great one to choose.

It it hard to say what is perfect for another person, as my skin, beard thickness, and growth pattern is mine. I know what I have.

I have no Magic 8 Ball to tell me what another person has, so I would be guessing what is right for another person.

It's mostly curiousity for me. People who post about using 1.55, 1.65, and even 1.75 seem to indicate that the shaves with those gaps are closer to shaving with a .95 or 1.05 then they are to shaving with a 1.25, 1.35, or 1.45. Basically that the larger gaps give a smoother shave like a .95, with a better shave.

I'm currently getting one pass shaves with my BBS-1 so who knows what I'll order when I get the email. It will for sure have a darwin handle on it.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I can heartily suggest bronze from Wolfman.... In Jim's basic polish... my WR2 0.95 with two handles and bases.. including the Darwin with its base.... are beautiful... and the WR2 0.95 shaves like a dream... just like what others are getting from their 1.55 and 1.65s.

You might already have a Bronze Wolfman... I'd have to take a look at your journal to be sure but here's a photo anyway.

RE_Wolfman_Darwin;jpg.jpg

RE_Athena_WRH3_7.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Thanks, yes I have 2 bronze actually, along with a titanium, and 2 steel ones.

I may just get this one in copper with a darwin to fill out the set.

View attachment 1675638View attachment 1675638View attachment 1675639View attachment 1675640View attachment 1675641View attachment 1675642
Thx... You assembled your amazing collection of razors in record time... perhaps.. but you do have a few competitors here. <eg> I thought I remembered you having bronze Wolfmans..... but I wasn't sure.

I have so many razors I don't actually use just 1 razor every day, and I rarely ever shave every day any way. To prove a theory that I could shave every day with my WR2 2.00 OC/1.80SB I shaved 3 straight days in a row. No irritation just BBS every day. I haven't shaved since Thurs. so I am actually looking forward to shaving in the morning with the WR2.

Found a few threads of my orders. First was a WR1 1.10OC/1.05OC in SS basic brushed finish and second was the WR2 2.00OC/1.80SB in Basic Bronze finish. I almost love looking at them more than shaving with them, but the shave is among the very best in my den on both of these extraordinary razors! Welcome to the high gap Wolfman experience!

And a few pics so you don't need to click the links:

------------------------WR1--------------------------

proxy.php
proxy.php

----------------WR2-----------------------

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

f6f9a570-2041-4c17-b241-e74a79d24ade-jpeg.1657758

Last edited:
Well today I am going to shaving with my WR2 1.55 SB on like 40ish hours of growth so we shall see how it goes. I also don't normally shave everyday, far from it but I want to see how I do, how much I have improved since I started wetshaving and how the high gap Wolfman does. I will be going for BBS.

I am also doing this because I am thinking about getting another WR2 SB on a lower blade gap, .95, 1.05 or 1.15. Do I need it? Eh not really but I am thinking about it another reason to shave.

Found a few threads of my orders. First was a WR1 1.10OC/1.05OC in SS basic brushed finish and second was the WR2 2.00OC/1.80SB in Basic Bronze finish. I almost love looking at them more than shaving with them, but the shave is among the very best in my den on both of these extraordinary razors! Welcome to the high gap Wolfman experience!

And a few pics so you don't need to click the links:

------------------------WR1--------------------------

proxy.php
proxy.php

----------------WR2-----------------------

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

f6f9a570-2041-4c17-b241-e74a79d24ade-jpeg.1657758
Dang it now you have me wanting to change the 1.55 to a 2.0.....I'll just wait to see how I like the 1.55.

Dang it now you have me wanting to change the 1.55 to a 2.0.....I'll just wait to see how I like the 1.55.
I only had a 1.15?SB/.95OC WR2 I bought from @Hannah's Dad that I had to guestimate what gap would suit me on a new order from Wolfman. Reading about people with 1.25/1.35/1.55/1.65 and even 1.85 gaps on the WR2 I decided to take a gamble and go for broke with 2.00OC. No regrets! I'm usually only doing 1 to 1 1/2 pass shaves which is great for less possible irritation than the typical 3 pass shave most people do. Also the BBS lasts way longer than medium aggressive razors.

Last edited:
I only had a 1.15?SB/.95OC WR2 I bought from @Hannah's Dad that I had to guestimate what gap would suit me on a new order from Wolfman. Reading about people with 1.25/1.35/1.55/1.65 and even 1.85 gaps on the WR2 I decided to take a gample and go for broke with 2.00OC. No regrets! I'm usually only doing 1 to 1 1/2 pass shaves which is great for less possible irritation than the typical 3 pass shave most people do. Also the BBS lasts way longer than medium aggressive razors.
Heck o typically get away with a single pass with my .95 or BBS1 except on my neck.

I'd like to ask then, so with the higher blade gap on low growth, when you say 1 or 1/2 passes are you only doing WTG? I am only curious because I usually do 2 or 3 passes, WTG, WTG with touch up then ATG so I am wondering.

I'd like to ask then, so with the higher blade gap on low growth, when you say 1 or 1/2 passes are you only doing WTG? I am only curious because I usually do 2 or 3 passes, WTG, WTG with touch up then ATG so I am wondering.
I usually do the first pass WTG. When I say another half pass, I rarely even re-lather, I just do a few touch up swipes in different areas. Maybe ATG on my neck in certain spots, and maybe XTG near my jawline. That's IT!!!

Also some users report that you get the 1.55, 1.65 range you get a shave that is smooth like the 1.15 but is much closer and longer lasting and superior to what you get at 1.25 though 1.45.

Also some users report that you get the 1.55, 1.65 range you get a shave that is smooth like the 1.15 but is much closer and longer lasting and superior to what you get at 1.25 though 1.45.
That's what I remember reading and decided to go Spinal Tap and turn it up to 11!!!! I don't really even shave with kid gloves with the 2.00/1.80 now, but I am still mindful. Never any trouble and rarely any cuts/weepers. Oddly, it doesn't feel much different in terms of lacking smoothness from my 1.15/.95 WR2 which is strange. Way more efficiency though. WAY more!

Thank you both @KingCobb and @Shave Souffle for the feedback.

Yes that what is intersting to me about the Wolfman, which is why I am really glad I was able to get the 1.55 because to me I got the most consistent feedback about it. It's why I want to see how today goes shaving wise then yea for the lower blade gaps, as both you have said, its what I found similar as far as feedback goes. If like this shaves that well I might not need another WR2 but again I still might becuase why not rofl. For the blade gap size, based on spec, you would not think it would be so smooth and gentle but yea it certainly is.

Top Bottom