What's new

Wolfman WR2 1.55 for a daily shaver?

Have an order coming up and still trying to decide if I go 1.55 titanium or go 1.15 titanium? I have a BBS1, and a .95, 1.25 bronze, 1.35 bronze, and 1.35 titanium OC.

I can use all as a daily Shaver. The .95 and the BBS1 are very similar, the other 3 are similar to each other, but very different from the lower blade gaps to me. All great razors and enjoy rotating them.

The question is titanium with a darwin handle, 1.15 or 1.55 for daily shaver?

I own a Pair of WR2’s… 1.35 and 1.65.

I have a fairly light beard and the 1.65 is a little aggressive for daily shaving but great for a couple days or more growth. The 1.35 is a great daily shaver and I could have gone 1.45. 1.55 may be a bit aggressive for me as a daily shaver but I haven’t tried one.

If you already have a 1.25 and 1.35, I would personally go 1.55 or 1.65. The 1.65 isn’t as scary as it sounds aggression wise.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
If your facial hair grows like this …
1683561715938.gif

then the 1.55 would be great. If not, it might be too efficient for daily shaves.

I appreciate the responses. I am somewhat confused though, as I received this message response from another highly regarded poster on here :

"I have a 0.95 in bronze, and a 1.35 and 1.55 in steel. For me the 1.35 is a good razor but the 0.95 and 1.55 are both much better. I like the 0.95 and 1.55 pretty equally and they are probably my two favourite razors.

I think you should try a 1.55 or 1.65. I believe you will be very surprised how smooth and gentle the 1.55 is, and I didn’t expected this after using the 1.35. I get why people struggle to believe the 1.55 is as gentle as people claim, but for me it really is. I could easily shave daily with the 1.55 and it doesn’t irritate my skin or try to bite me. The 1.55 is definitely more efficient than the 0.95 - it gives me an effortless shave and marble smooth skin. But it really is gentle.

I’ve gone back to the 1.35 a few times since to see if I can get it to shave like the other two, but I can’t so far. It’s harsher and I don’t get as long-lasting shaves from it.

I don’t think anyone needs a more efficient razor than the 1.55, but I’m still curious about the 1.65. From what people say it should be quite similar. Probably 1.55 is plenty and it’s a more known quantity. Probably the safer bet.

That said, I really don’t need a more efficient razor than my 0.95 either. And I shave every two days usually. You could certainly stick with what you have. The 1.55 is impressively efficient, though, and it just makes shaving a bit quicker and easier."

He views the 1.55 as being a gentler razor than the 1.35 and more efficent than the .95? He isn't the only one who I have read expressing this opinion. A poster on DFS has posted several times about his 1.55 causing less irritation than his 1.35 or 1.45.

As I said I will probably get me a copper one at some point so which ever I don't get this time I would get the next.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I appreciate the responses. I am somewhat confused though, as I received this message response from another highly regarded poster on here :

"I have a 0.95 in bronze, and a 1.35 and 1.55 in steel. For me the 1.35 is a good razor but the 0.95 and 1.55 are both much better. I like the 0.95 and 1.55 pretty equally and they are probably my two favourite razors.

I think you should try a 1.55 or 1.65. I believe you will be very surprised how smooth and gentle the 1.55 is, and I didn’t expected this after using the 1.35. I get why people struggle to believe the 1.55 is as gentle as people claim, but for me it really is. I could easily shave daily with the 1.55 and it doesn’t irritate my skin or try to bite me. The 1.55 is definitely more efficient than the 0.95 - it gives me an effortless shave and marble smooth skin. But it really is gentle.

I’ve gone back to the 1.35 a few times since to see if I can get it to shave like the other two, but I can’t so far. It’s harsher and I don’t get as long-lasting shaves from it.

I don’t think anyone needs a more efficient razor than the 1.55, but I’m still curious about the 1.65. From what people say it should be quite similar. Probably 1.55 is plenty and it’s a more known quantity. Probably the safer bet.

That said, I really don’t need a more efficient razor than my 0.95 either. And I shave every two days usually. You could certainly stick with what you have. The 1.55 is impressively efficient, though, and it just makes shaving a bit quicker and easier."

He views the 1.55 as being a gentler razor than the 1.35 and more efficent than the .95? He isn't the only one who I have read expressing this opinion. A poster on DFS has posted several times about his 1.55 causing less irritation than his 1.35 or 1.45.

As I said I will probably get me a copper one at some point so which ever I don't get this time I would get the next.
You missed an important part of his post — he shaves ‘every two days’. IMHO, the 1.55 will do such a great job that there will not be enough stubble to cut 24 hours later. But every 48 hours, the 1.55 would be a stellar choice.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Decisions, decisions……I have an empty Wolfman handle waiting for a razor head. A WR2 1.55 or a newly designed WR4?

Depends on what you want from a titanium razor. Do you want something similar to your 0.95 or BBS-1 or closer to your 1.35.

I have pretty coarse and fast growing beard. I can do the 1.55 SB daily with 3 passes, but just with care. The 1.55 is very good at a 2 pass shave as well when time is limited. The 1.55 with a Feather is a hot knife through butter.

I had a 1.25 OC years ago, so I may not recall fully but I like the 1.55 SB more than it, the 1.55 has just a touch more blade feel than I recall with the 1.25, which keeps me honest with pressure.

So depends on what you want from your titanium purchase.

The not helpful comment: if you're getting a Darwin handle, maybe get a WR1 head for it as it looks 🔥

I had the 1.15 — Great daily razor! I currently have 1.35, 1.55 & 1.65. 1.55 & 1.65 is not daily for me but great every other day. 1.35 and .80wr1 is what I use for daily.

I would suggest the 1.35 for daily, but the 1.65 really mows it down. 1.55 is awesome too. 1.65 is just next level stuff and definition of high gap razor. The jump from 1.55 to 1.65 is crazy in efficiency. Didn’t believe it until I tried it.

Tried gaps 1.15, 1.25, 1.35, 1.45, 1.55 and 1.65, keeping the above 3 wr2’s and 1 wr1 in the den.

Maybe my idea is wrong but that much aggressiveness is like going bird hunt with a 12 Gauge with no recoil pad.

My beard is not like it was 50 years ago at 25, it has mellowed out.

Mild or Medium Mild Shave is just fine, most days two pass’s does fine for me.

Wolfman’s are sure functional art super shaver.

I can shave daily with my SS WR2 1.65SB, but I think I am probably an outlier. If it was your first Wolf, I would probably steer you to something with a lower gap than the 1.55 unless you had experience and preference already with more aggressive razors. Seeing as you already have several other gaps, I think it is a trickier question.

I'm also kind of wondering why you would want a new razor to shave with daily if you have all those other nice Wolfmans to choose from that you appear to like to rotate through. Why not add something like the 1.55 (or 1.65) for the occasion when you want something more efficient? I seriously doubt you would find it intimidating or difficult to use. I don't have any experience with anything other than SS in my Wolfs, so I can't really opine on the materials aspect.

Have an order coming up and still trying to decide if I go 1.55 titanium or go 1.15 titanium? I have a BBS1, and a .95, 1.25 bronze, 1.35 bronze, and 1.35 titanium OC.

I can use all as a daily Shaver. The .95 and the BBS1 are very similar, the other 3 are similar to each other, but very different from the lower blade gaps to me. All great razors and enjoy rotating them.

The question is titanium with a darwin handle, 1.15 or 1.55 for daily shaver?
Don't understand the hype with the large gaps. I have a wr2 with a 1.05 gap and it shaves smooth and efficient. What's the quest?

Don't understand the hype with the large gaps. I have a wr2 with a 1.05 gap and it shaves smooth and efficient. What's the quest?

ice skating rink smooth shaves that last much longer than 1.05 (mostly appeals to guys who
don't like or want to shave everyday)

Top Bottom