What's new

Wolfman Wednesday

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Seeing all of these beautiful razors, I’m drooling all over my keyboard. I look forward to posting in this thread. Patience is not a virtue when waiting for your name to come up on the waiting list.
So David when Your number is called what are you going with ?

So David when Your number is called what are you going with ?
I’m leaning towards a WR2 .95 SB. I like the smoothness & mild efficiency of my President, & based on some recommendations, that’s how I arrived at this set up. What are your thoughts on this set up? The other razors I’m particularly fond of are the Diplomat, ‘34 Aristocrat, & the RFB. I’ve tried the Timeless SS .95 SB & found that a bit rough for my liking.

proxy.php

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I’m leaning towards a WR2 .95 SB. I like the smoothness & mild efficiency of my President, & based on some recommendations, that’s how I arrived at this set up. What are your thoughts on this set up? The other razors I’m particularly fond of are the Diplomat, ‘34 Aristocrat, & the RFB. I’ve tried the Timeless SS .95 SB & found that a bit rough for my liking.
I really like the 1.15 SB that I have.
Someone here on B&B let me try out a couple of his and it made it a little easier for me to go with the 1.15 , I had read that it was comparable to the Timeless.95 and I would have to agree but I was still going to go with a .95 🐺 WR2 SB until Dan talked Me into the 1.15 and I am glad he did. I really love My Titanium Timeless Scalloped .95 it is probably my smoothest Razor I have with the Wolf a close second. The RFB is very nice and I really liked my 1934 before I sold it to pay for the Wolfman. I think that you will be very happy with the .95 SB.
The one thing that I can tell you is you will have to find the right angle and once you do it doesn't get much better 😉

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I really like the 1.15 SB that I have.
Someone here on B&B let me try out a couple of his and it made it a little easier for me to go with the 1.15 , I had read that it was comparable to the Timeless.95 and I would have to agree but I was still going to go with a .95 🐺 WR2 SB until Dan talked Me into the 1.15 and I am glad he did. I really love My Titanium Timeless Scalloped .95 it is probably my smoothest Razor I have with the Wolf a close second. The RFB is very nice and I really liked my 1934 before I sold it to pay for the Wolfman. I think that you will be very happy with the .95 SB.
The one thing that I can tell you is you will have to find the right angle and once you do it doesn't get much better 😉
Amen to that, Steve!

I so enjoy this group of enablers!!!!!! I'm talking to @Graydog & @Hannah's Dad, you're a dastardly duo! So I'm wondering if I should rethink a Ti Timeless. Is it really that much smoother than the SS? You like your Ti Timeless more than your Wolf? Dan, what are your thoughts on these comparisons?

Hannah's Dad

I so enjoy this group of enablers!!!!!! I'm talking to @Graydog & @Hannah's Dad, you're a dastardly duo! So I'm wondering if I should rethink a Ti Timeless. Is it really that much smoother than the SS? You like your Ti Timeless more than your Wolf? Dan, what are your thoughts on these comparisons?
Hmmm...I think that the Ti Timeless ‘feels’ softer/smoother than the heavier SS Timeless. Either one will provide a very smooth, very efficient shave, though I preferred the Ti. But, when I got the WR2 1.25, the Timeless became expendable. So for me, the Wolf slayed the Ti. But opinions vary (like Steve’s). David, I think you’re going to have to try both to decide which you prefer. And BST is always your friend if you make the wrong choice!

Graydog

Biblical Innards

I really do like the Titanium Timeless Scalloped a little bit more than the 🐺 WR2 SB. But I don't have any regrets about the buying the Wolfman WR2 SB at all. As one of wise's members here on B&B @BigJ always says ,,, buy them both 😉

Just curious and think easiest to ask the wolfman guys here.

What's the diff between the wr1 and wr2 heads?

And for the pricing it is a huge jump from their usual shiny / Matt finish options up to the mirror and satin. In your opinion is the difference really that huge in terms of aesthetics? Or is the normal shiny and Matt options good enough for most if just functionality is what one is after.

And which combo would be the most mild and smooth or maybe not so aggressive but decently efficient yet smooth? :)

Sorry if silly questions but thanks in advance!!:)))

Hannah's Dad

Just curious and think easiest to ask the wolfman guys here.

What's the diff between the wr1 and wr2 heads?

And for the pricing it is a huge jump from their usual shiny / Matt finish options up to the mirror and satin. In your opinion is the difference really that huge in terms of aesthetics? Or is the normal shiny and Matt options good enough for most if just functionality is what one is after.

And which combo would be the most mild and smooth or maybe not so aggressive but decently efficient yet smooth? :)

Sorry if silly questions but thanks in advance!!:)))
The ‘basic’ polish still beats just about anything else on the market and, in my opinion, is ‘good enough.’ The mirror just requires more maintenance and messes with one’s OCD.

I believe the WR2 head is superior to the WR1 head. If mild is your goal, simply choose the lower gap on the WR2 and you’ll find your desert island razor.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Tried a Feather in my Wolf for the first time today. Wow. What a good fit. I used a super shallow angle, no pressure, and a super slick lather. Excellent shave. DFS+ with no blood. No drama. Super smooth. Next I have to try a steep angle. Still working on dialing in the best technique for this razor. Cheers!

Hannah's Dad

Tried a Feather in my Wolf for the first time today. Wow. What a good fit. I used a super shallow angle, no pressure, and a super slick lather. Excellent shave. DFS+ with no blood. No drama. Super smooth. Next I have to try a steep angle. Still working on dialing in the best technique for this razor. Cheers!
Brad, I always roll steep with the Wolf/Feather combo. I’ll be interested to hear your experience.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Dammit.. this working from home thing am I forgot it was Wednesday today.. did shave yday with it though :)

@BradWorld and @Hannah's Dad I keep getting confused, which is which when talking shallow and steep angles?

For me, a shallow angle is riding the cap. A steep angle is riding the safety bar. I am usually a neutral to shallow angle shaver. I tend to favor riding the cap more. In the last week, I have tried a super steep angle shaves with both the Wolf 1.15 and the Charcoal Goods Level 2, and both shaves were magnificent. I have been enlightened by the SASC way of life!

Top Bottom