What's new

Winner blades by Gillette India

I use Gillette 365's all the time and still have leftover stock from five years ago. All I have to add to the conversation is these Gillette Winners are being made where Gillette 365's used to be made. The picture on the left is Gillette 365 from 2015 and the one on the right is 2019. As to what this translates to, I don't know.

View attachment 1007228 View attachment 1007229
It's not like that. The 365 are made in two different Indian plants even now. I keep ordering a 100 almost every month, and even the same seller sends me 365s from both plants (made in the recent months). No difference in the shave they give.

Second shave was a bit rougher but the end result was still the same, smooth close shave only 2 weepers, I'm thinking 3 will be the limit for me and this blade which for the price isn't bad.

It's not like that. The 365 are made in two different Indian plants even now. I keep ordering a 100 almost every month, and even the same seller sends me 365s from both plants (made in the recent months). No difference in the shave they give.

Agreed, I tried the old and the new and noticed no difference in quality.

I tried a Gillette 365 years ago and didn't like it. I recently had a tuck of them thrown into a deal on some other blades and am going to try it again. We shall see.

100 per month ???...how many times a day do you shave ?

I shave every day. The 365s I use only for three shaves. And I also give blades to my cousin from time to time.

I tried one of the Gillette 365 blades today. I hadn't used one for easily five years I'd imagine and didn't like it very well then. Well, today I lathered up my new P&B Right Handed Giant (tribute to Brut scent) and had at it with my trusty Gillette English "ball end" Tech. I have to tell you that the shave was simply spectacular!! But, before I get too excited I want to add that another P&B soap, Spitfire, recently gave me the exact same shave (same razor) using a WS Economie blade which I disliked in the past as well. Everything else was the same including prep and brush. I will have to try this 365 with a few other soaps to see whether it's the soap aiding the blade or vice versa.

Regardless, I will plug the British Phoenix & Beau soaps which I think are far underrated in their quality.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I tried one of the Gillette 365 blades today. I hadn't used one for easily five years I'd imagine and didn't like it very well then. Well, today I lathered up my new P&B Right Handed Giant (tribute to Brut scent) and had at it with my trusty Gillette English "ball end" Tech. I have to tell you that the shave was simply spectacular!! But, before I get too excited I want to add that another P&B soap, Spitfire, recently gave me the exact same shave (same razor) using a WS Economie blade which I disliked in the past as well. Everything else was the same including prep and brush. I will have to try this 365 with a few other soaps to see whether it's the soap aiding the blade or vice versa.

Regardless, I will plug the British Phoenix & Beau soaps which I think are far underrated in their quality.
Good review.

A good soap can make a significant difference in the quality of your shave. However, I suspect your shaving technique has improved over the past five years as well.

you've got

They're there. You need to scroll down the list.

Yes I see that now, but strangely they are not pictured on the main page where I was looking. :001_huh:

A good soap can make a significant difference in the quality of your shave. However, I suspect your shaving technique has improved over the past five years as well.

Actually, it's essentially the same as I mapped my beard from day 1 years ago and was using a Tech then.

Top Bottom