What's new

Win a free tub of Castle Forbes Sandalwood and Cedar Shaving Cream at Shavetools.com

I'm in.
A product that really exceeded my expectations was the Merkel Slant. I never thought a Bakelite lightweight razor could be so effective and yet so smooth.

I'm in. The product exceeding my expectations has been the Omega #49 Boar Brush. For the price I had somewhat low expectations but after a short break in period, I am amazed at how good the brush performs.

Well for me the one product that comes to mind is Captains Choice North aftershave. First is has few ingredients which is perfect for the face. Two is the healing qualities in the oils Scott uses in his aftershaves. third the scent lasts all day which is sweet. Four and the main reason is I'm in the military and had to move from North Carolina after four years to California and this product reminds me of home with its great pine and juniper sent then afterwords you get a great bay rum that usually picks up at about lunch time for me.

Wow great PIF, I'm glad to find it just in time.

If say the product that exceeded my expectations is Edwin Jagger cream. It doesn't get much said about it, and I think of them for hardware. But the sandalwood smelled great and performed great.

It would be my Silvertip 24mm brush from Whipped Dog. I am so impressed with it, I hardly use the plisson anymore

I'm in...

It's not something you sell, but it is what it is...

The best surprise I got was actually with Bath and Body Works 2-in-1 men's face lotion and balm. I was hesitant to buy it since it was on clearance, but broke down and bought 2 tubes of it since the price was so good. I used it and was completely blown away by how good it was...it was soothing, moisturizing, and an absolute pleasure to use, plus it smelled great! I now wish I had bought all the tubes they had since it's discontinued and no longer available... The fragrance I got was Twilight Woods for Men. Amazing balm!

I have used col conks and ran out and had to buy some Van Der Hagan from walmart and was super suprised at its performance.

For me I would have to say it was my tweezerman badger brush. I bought it at my BX and decided to give it a whirl. It did great. No shedding, no smell. It was a handy little brush. Till sadly, one day, my 2 year old thought it would be fun to pull out the hairs. :(

I'm in.

Biotique Palmyra cream/croap is the one product that stands out as exceeding my expectations. The smell is ok, but the performance is outstanding.

It has to be the Cella soap. The vendor was swearing by its effectiveness for the 15 minutes I was browsing for soaps/cremes. I bought one tub just to get him to suggest something additional. I took all his words on the matter with a grain of salt. My first lathers with that were awful. When I got the lather making right, I was completely dumbfounded.

I'm In.

The product that surprised the pants off me was, Proraso Blue. It performed as well or better then any cream I have used, and is one of the cheapest out there.

I'm in.

Lea shave stick. I'd read some reviews and its an inexpensive product. The soap lathered wonderfully and its going into my travel kit.

The Contest has ended, thanks to every one for participating.

Congratulations to Longshanks66 has on winning the shaving cream and Avenolpey on winning the gift certificate.

Congratulations to Longshanks and Avenolpey! It was fun reading about some great products, and putting a few on the "to try" list

Top Bottom