Votes: 28 27.5%
  • I'm too lazy, plain and simple

Votes: 18 17.6%
  • My beard grows too slow to shave every day

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • Smth. else (do tell in the comments)

Votes: 23 22.5%

• Total voters
I necessary day mostly with the mild but very efficient ATT m1 plate. No irritation.
This week I've used a Muhle rocca which had a much wider blade gap. I can see why you may not want to shave every day with a more agresive razor, but use the right razor, and you certainly can do it. Shaving is too enjoyable to avoid the pleasure of a nice soap on your face.
No wonder some say soaps last for ever if they shave only a few days a week.lol

Have never been able to wet shave multiple days in a row without some irritation. Wish I could but my skin just too sensitive to do so.

I go every day or 2 if doing 1 pass quick shaves. 3-4 if I do multi pass shave. Don't need to be clean shaven for work.
Side not though I waited a week and I got really bad irritation on my neck from itching or something. It's now 2 weeks later and it's just now starting to clear up.
But for me, even on second day after single pass it's not too bad. My hair grows fast, but I work in tool and die and doesn't need to be clean daily.
Also, in summer I sweat alot at work, so shaving daily and sweating all day has caused irritation later. Now that it's cooling off here in Michigan I'll be shaving more frequently.

It's kind of funny... this is an enthusiast shaving forum, but then there are folks here who do NOT shave each and every day.

And so... I was curious as to WHY?

What is stopping you from shaving every day, if we all agree that we all oh so like to shave.

All comments are welcome - let the fun begin! 😊 😊
I dont feel like my beard grows fast enough to make it worthwhile shaving every day. I feel like Im not really removing much of anything.
Im a redhead anyways, so my hair is somewhat light colored and the stubble doesnt show up all that much, so even after 2 or 3 days, you can barely see the stubble.
Why waste product if I dont need to?

It's kind of funny... this is an enthusiast shaving forum, but then there are folks here who do NOT shave each and every day.

And so... I was curious as to WHY?

What is stopping you from shaving every day, if we all agree that we all oh so like to shave.

All comments are welcome - let the fun begin! 😊 😊
I dont feel like my beard grows fast enough to make it worthwhile shaving every day. I feel like Im not really removing much of anything.
Im a redhead anyways, so my hair is somewhat light colored and the stubble doesnt show up all that much, so even after 2 or 3 days, you can barely see the stubble.
Why waste product if I dont need to?

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
My face doesn’t appreciate daily shaving, because it is a baby. My beard doesn’t grow super quick. I get better shaves on 2-4 days of growth.
Good point! Some don’t need to shave every day. As the son of an Irish-American dad and a Filipina mom, my son only needs to shave 2-3x a week. Mostly mustache area and chin, not much on the jawline at all. A little around the sideburn area. But I raised him right! He uses a Parker badger, Cella, and a replated Tech I gave him. Loves to go through my shave den for new products when he visits.

When I was in the army I was made to shave daily. I don't like being made to do things, and I haven't been a daily shaver in 18 years. Since leaving service, I've worked in food service for, well, too long. Working over those hot stoves and ovens, the sweat and grease would clog my pores. I found a healthy layer of stubble to be a good filter for kitchen grease. And then, leaving kitchens to work in a warehouse environment, I was trading grease for dust. Same thing, a layer of stubble.

I don't dislike shaving, but it's not something I'll do daily.

Normally I chase a BBS shave and don't have enough whiskers to shave every day. However during the lockdown last year I decided to switch to DFS and tried it. Didn't really work out for me to be honest, mainly because my skin wasn't particulary handling it that well and secondly it never really felt right to stop at just a DFS.

I don't shave every day because I don't have to. As opposed to before I retired. I love the feel of a freshly-shaved face, but shaving itself isn't the goal for me. My DE equipment has made the process of shaving much less of a chore, but I don't pant after the experience, just the results.

I don't shave every day because I like to shave BBS and my skin closes over some of the hairs. If I shave the next day, I'll shave off a lot of the little bumps of the hairs making their way out. Better to shave every other day so the hairs have all broken out and are ready to be chopped down.
If I did a two-pass shave I could (and would have to) shave every day. But I'd rather be smooth for a day and then rough for a day instead of rough every single day.

I shaved every day when I had to shave every day (w/cart), then I had a beard for 8 years, then eased back into shaving (again tried w/cart and remembered cart hell) but I found wet shaving 2 years ago or so and enjoyed shaving for the first time since I was a teenager (oh, the novelty) and shaved 3 days a week. I'll admit that the every other day shave gave my skin time to recover as it had been so long with a beard it was very sensitive, but it was more probably because of the learning curve/lack of technique. Now I try to shave at least 5 days a week because I like the feeling of being clean shaven (save the handlebar and small goatee), and allows me to use more of the razors I've collected and as an excuse to use up some soaps and try others.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Thats cool, do you.
Yes I do.

My consumables costs per year (SR shaving daily) are about:
  • Soap USD 5.00
  • Diamond paste USD 1.00
  • Renaissance wax USD 0.80
  • Balsa USD 0.75
This works out at about USD 0.20 per shave. That still doesn't justify my barber is Cebu charging his exorbitant price of USD 1.60 for a traditional SR shave - even with his cute assistant.

Because I don’t have to.

I used to have to, and enjoyed it once I was wet shaving, then especially with straights.

Now, it’s when I feel like it

As you know I used to shave six out of seven days when I didn’t shave every single day. Now I’m doing good to shave three times a week. Reason? Plain and simple laziness.

Top Bottom