Votes: 23 22.5%

• Total voters
Yes I do.

My consumables costs per year (SR shaving daily) are about:
  • Soap USD 5.00
  • Diamond paste USD 1.00
  • Renaissance wax USD 0.80
  • Balsa USD 0.75
This works out at about USD 0.20 per shave. That still doesn't justify my barber is Cebu charging his exorbitant price of USD 1.60 for a traditional SR shave - even with his cute assistant.
Id say it really depends what shaving is for you. If you view shaving as something that you find fun, enjoyable, as your relaxation time and as a hobby; then by all means do what makes you happy.
Me, I have a bunch of things that I do every day for fun, enjoyment and relaxation; so if I can barely tell the difference when Im a few feet away from a mirror; Im OK with not shaving every day.
Oh and please dont refer to your barber's, "cute" assistant. Its very demeaning. Shes there to help out the barber, not for men to leer at.

I tend to enjoy shaving as a bit of relaxation time... That leads to evening shaving for the longer time. That being said, with working for 2 ambulance companies my schedule is... Odd at times. It's a mix of shift lengths anywhere from 8 to 36 hours. So I usually end up with anywhere from 1 to possibly 3 days growth depending on the schedule.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I would love to shave everyday it the only time I feel like I'm in total control of what is happening in my life. Unfortunately I'm cursed with sensitive skin like many shavers on here otherwise I'd shave twice a day

My beard grows slowly and I look fantastic in stubble. If the stubble is long enough to be soft, some of the women I've dated enjoyed rubbing their faces on it. Others like the smooth feel to a freshly shaven face.

I splash on alcohol aftershaves with lots of burn on days I don't shave. And I prefer low-burn splashes, witch hazel, or balms on days I shave.

I shave most days but not every day. I'm retired & have no reason to have to shave daily. But I sure enjoy shaving so I look forward to it each day. But to be honest, I'm lazy & don't always get around to shaving every day, even though I want to!

With my usual 3+pass shave I can shave everyday, but only for a limited time. Since getting a comfortable BBS is my main goal and I rarely settle for anything less, doing 3-4 passes every day becomes too much after the 3rd/4th shave. If I can do a one pass shave with a bit of touch up I can probably shave every day without a problem, but I wouldn't feel comfortable, so that's that.

My main issue is that I have a very dense and tough beard combined with a slightly (not super) sensitive skin and if I want to get a good shave, I must do more passes, which is why i'd much rather shave every 2+ days than every day for a longer periods of time.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Love the feel and the ritual of a good shave, plus I don't want to look like a bum (nothing's worse than gray whiskers), so I schedule a shave every day.

But I'm easily distracted, lazy and retired, so things don't always go as planned. Right now, for example, I should be shaving. Instead, I'm writing about it.

My beard is quite fine so I tend to stretch it a few days before shaving. Not sure if this affects the “easiness” when shaving but I find it the little growth that I have overnight sometimes not enough for having a shave… :)

For a long time, I believed I can’t shave daily because of my very sensitive skin and coarse whiskers!

In summer on vacation I started to shave each two days and it went fine. Then I started to shave daily and after a few days I had less irritation less redness. Since then I have been shaving daily.

I believe with proper preparation and Techs daily shaving will be beneficial to the skin, even sensitive one!

So, I can encourage those with sensitive skin to try to shave daily, have patience and not to use many cosmetic products (for me my good quality shaving products + few creams for rare cases is more than enough).

Many reasons:
#1 - My face has always felt better with a day between shaves.
#2 - I prefer shaving at night. My beard was never that dark or thick that anyone noticed until late in the second day.
#3 - In college (1960s) I only shaved when I had a date.
#4 - In army basic training, after college, I could squeeze a day and a half before the DI told me I needed a shave. After basic, I went to driver's school. I drove a deuce and a half for 6 years in the army reserves. We always looked dirty, so no one cared.
#5 - Never had a job where I was required to be clean shaven or wear a tie. I spent 40 years in various jobs from social work to the solid waste industry. I got to wear jeans, pocket tees and flannel shirts most of my working life. I'd have shot myself if I had to shave and wear a suit and tie everyday. I only had to play "dress-up" if I was testifying in court. I loved preparing cases and testifying in court. I could look quite presentable when I had to, but didn't want to do it every day.

After switching to DE about a year before retirement, I began shaving every other day for a decade. Since covid and moving from the routine of our house of almost 20 years to an apartment, I probably now shave every 5 days.

It's kind of funny... this is an enthusiast shaving forum, but then there are folks here who do NOT shave each and every day.

And so... I was curious as to WHY?

What is stopping you from shaving every day, if we all agree that we all oh so like to shave.

All comments are welcome - let the fun begin! 😊 😊
A daily shave leaves less greasy stubble sludge in my sink 😊

Top Bottom