What's new

"Whoa, Can-a-da ..."

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Where this one falls is really personal.

Sad? Awesome? Either way, a sea change.

AA

The line of cars at the boarder is growing..... Dang those Yankees... Clogging up our country. Stumbling around molesting the beavers and drinking all the maple syrup.

proxy.php

We need to protect our border.

Build a wall.

proxy.php

The newness will subside soon enough and supply will equal out with demand prices will drop tax revenue will help a lot. I've seen several pot shops in southern Colorado go out of business because they figured just having bud was enough to keep them in business. After the novelty wore off the demand dropped a lot.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The line of cars at the boarder is growing..... Dang those Yankees... Clogging up our country. Stumbling around molesting the beavers and drinking all the maple syrup.

proxy.php

We need to protect our border.

Build a wall.

proxy.php

Please build it!

Dazed, confused and cold Americans stumbling around are the last thing you need ...

I guess the economics of this escape me. Sure, you can tax it, but people can just plant the seeds and grow the weed. Bustable, perhaps, without a permit or something but who will bother to enforce since the stuff is now legal?

I guess drug testing for employment goes out the window, or employability itself.

AA

Please build it!

Dazed, confused and cold Americans stumbling around are the last thing you need ...

I guess the economics of this escape me. Sure, you can tax it, but people can just plant the seeds and grow the weed. Bustable, perhaps, without a permit or something but who will bother to enforce since the stuff is now legal?

I guess drug testing for employment goes out the window, or employability itself.

AA

Be just like booze (I hope).

Yes you can make your own whisky without paying tax..... but....

Hopefully growing (for untaxed profit) will carry a large fine, extreme cases jail time.

Dont want to see Alberta covered in grass (like it used to be in the way back years). No stumbling buffalo.

Last edited:
Ontario isn't yet ready for store front sales as the government that came into power in June ditched all the work and system the previous government had been implementing getting ready for today soooo, until April of next year weed sales are only on-line from the government store delivered by Canada Post.

In related news Canada Post announced today the possibility of rotating strikes starting Monday.
dave

Ontario isn't yet ready for store front sales as the government that came into power in June ditched all the work and system the previous government had been implementing getting ready for today soooo, until April of next year weed sales are only on-line from the government store delivered by Canada Post.

In related news Canada Post announced today the possibility of rotating strikes starting Monday.
dave
Yup. First you make it completely legal. Then you drive the customers right back to the illegal sellers. Even Ricky, Julian and Bubbles couldn't dream this up.

...But I assume we yanks still have cheaper cigs, so maybe there's another "Patrick Swayze Express" trade deal in order?

Maybe a short term solution but I am more concerned with long term stability. Without the steady hand of Jim Lahey to guide the residents of Sunnyvale, the park may deteriorate and jeapordise their chance of membership in the IATPTPSATPS*.

*International Association of Trailer Parks, Trailer Park Supervisors, and Assistant Trailer Park Supervisors. A prestigious intenational union of trailer parks with an exclusive member by invitation only policy.

Maybe a short term solution but I am more concerned with long term stability. Without the steady hand of Jim Lahey to guide the residents of Sunnyvale, the park may deteriorate and jeapordise their chance of membership in the IATPTPSATPS*.

*International Association of Trailer Parks, Trailer Park Supervisors, and Assistant Trailer Park Supervisors. A prestigious intenational union of trailer parks with an exclusive member by invitation only policy.
Lol.:001_302:

I hear burger joints and pizza delivery are expecting smokin' sales this evening.
Check out this satellite view: Google Maps
Our local Cannabis NB store is now located on the lot just to the left of "King's Car Wash". :a39:What's nearby...?
:detective: Foodland (a grocery store), McDonalds, Tim Horton's Donuts, a Subway sandwich bar in the Irving gas station, a provincial Liquor Store, Patterson's Family Restaurant, and a Pizza Delight.

Stumbling around molesting the beavers and drinking all the maple syrup.
I see you've been to Quebec (all in fun, no harm intended to those calling La Belle Province home).

My thoughts on this are mixed. Politically for most issues I'm somewhere to the right of the Kaiser but as it relates to personal liberties meh, its your body do with it as you please as long as you're not harming the population as a whole. Which is why I actually like harm reduction strategies like safe injection sites and in some instances even providing addicts pharmaceutical grade drugs. Delivering services to street addicts is ridiculously expensive and takes resources away from the rest of the community. If you can reduce the harm they do to themselves there's a direct reduction in the financial burden on our already strained public health system and it should also result in an improvement in community standards through the reduction in property crime, fewer homeless, etc.

So with that little rant aside no, I don't really care that they've legalized marijuana. I think you're going to see a slight spike in the number of people who try recreational weed but there's not going to be a demonstrable increase in regular users. That said, and not wanting to get too political with my comments, I do think that the federal Liberals have done an utterly pathetic job of getting us here. In my opinion law enforcement is no where near ready to deal with enforcing the new laws and our courts are going to be immediately clogged by endless constitutional challenges.

Top Bottom