What's new

"Whoa, Can-a-da ..."

I guess drug testing for employment goes out the window, or employability itself.
AA
There will need to be new standards and case law developed. Some safety sensitive jobs such as airline pilot, crane operator, truck driver, or locomotive engineer likely won't see a change. Zero tolerance would probably be justified. If someone works in a safety sensitive job, their employment may depend on not consuming cannabis, or reserving sufficient time after consumption to allow the individual's body to eliminate all THC before returning to work.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
The line of cars at the boarder is growing..... Dang those Yankees... Clogging up our country. Stumbling around molesting the beavers and drinking all the maple syrup.

proxy.php

We need to protect our border.

Build a wall.

proxy.php

That looks like the port of entry at San Isidro California. Right outside San Diego and across from Tijuana. 24 lanes. It’s crazy there! Pedestrian traffic is usually 2 hour waits. Thousands upon thousands of vehicles and pedestrians.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
There will need to be new standards and case law developed. Some safety sensitive jobs such as airline pilot, crane operator, truck driver, or locomotive engineer likely won't see a change. Zero tolerance would probably be justified. If someone works in a safety sensitive job, their employment may depend on not consuming cannabis, or reserving sufficient time after consumption to allow the individual's body to eliminate all THC before returning to work.

By no means am I being critical, by the way. I love Canada, and am part Canadian.

The changes this bring will be interesting.

AA

My office is sandwiched in the middle between the NB Liquor store and the CannibisNB store. I thought of selling bags of chips yesterday in the parking lot.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
proxy.php

"I'm Mike, from Canmore."
"Mike's not here, eh!"
"... I'm Mike ... from Canmore."
"Mike's not here, eh."
"Um ... I'm ... Mike, from ... Canmore?"
"Like, Mike's not here, eh."

... this stuff just writes itself.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
In today's news, Former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney (Ronald Reagan buddy in the day) is joining the board of directors of Acreage Holdings, one of the largest vertically integrated cannabis companies in the U.S. ... in November...

Why Brian Mulroney is joining the board of a pot company

We're a bunch of pot heads up here, from the top on down.
dave

Airbus, sacks of moula, foreign bank accounts. Means zilch to me . . . just word association.

Ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching...

Year's ago we had a new restaurant open with a wood oven for pizzas, unique for the time. Had to give it a try, there was our table, one other couple and a group of men in the back, the cash register just never seem to stop ringing in sales the whole time we were there, the pizza was really good.
dave

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Throw in the really good beer these people have, and I'm a little concerned. :a17: :a39:

AA :angel:

One does wonder how this will pan out. Great beer, whisky, sports with hockey, baseball, basketball, Cuban cigars, great live theater, and the canuck buck being low vs the US dollar, and very friendly people.

I live here . . . and heck I'd buy a ticket to come here.

Top Bottom