Brush: The Goodfellas Smile Blue Galaxy
Bowl: Bicrops Black
Preshave: Proraso Protective Cream
Soap: ToBS Eton College
Aftershave: Proraso Refreshing
Balm: Nivea Soothing
Additional Care: Thayers Original

- Shared from My Shave Den for iOS

Wow Nacet on 3rd use still gives close shave although I could tell it isn’t as scary sharp as the 1st use.

Another thing that impresses me is my new The Goodfellas Smile synthetic brush. Just look at the comparison below. It performs really well, bristles and 26mm knot as soft and thick as my Simpson T3.

With its long handle and price point, I think it’s even better. Any other brush similar to this, thick, soft and long handle is becoming my favourite. Would be nice to acquire one or two more of the same features.

Anyways another very relaxing BBS shave. No irritation at all and looking forward to next shave already.

As always, happy shaves everyone !!!

IMG_9118.jpeg

IMG_9120.jpeg

32/365

SOTD: 22/05/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6S R4 (22)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Soap: ToBS Eton College
Aftershave: Proraso Refreshing
Additional Care: Thayers Original

Wow Nacet on 3rd use still gives close shave although I could tell it isn’t as scary sharp as the 1st use.

Another thing that impresses me is my new The Goodfellas Smile synthetic brush. Just look at the comparison below. It performs really well, bristles and 26mm knot as soft and thick as my Simpson T3.

With its long handle and price point, I think it’s even better. Any other brush similar to this, thick, soft and long handle is becoming my favourite. Would be nice to acquire one or two more of the same features.

Anyways another very relaxing BBS shave. No irritation at all and looking forward to next shave already.

As always, happy shaves everyone !!!

View attachment 1850342

View attachment 1850343
I see you are liking those bigger brushes. Here I got your next brush right here..

What @Balin said, Nacets are great the first few shaves. I have taken one to 7 shaves, but that’s more of an exception with that blade.

GSB on the other hand have much more longevity and are equally comfortable in usage. Simply a very good blade. In my top 5.

PermaSharp has great longevity as well and I have had only great shaves with that one.

What @Balin said, Nacets are great the first few shaves. I have taken one to 7 shaves, but that’s more of an exception with that blade.

GSB on the other hand have much more longevity and are equally comfortable in usage. Simply a very good blade. In my top 5.

PermaSharp has great longevity as well and I have had only great shaves with that one.

Now I’m totally intrigue with GSB and Permasharp which I haven’t both tried yet. Already bought several hundreds of these blindly due to many good reviews.

Makes me want to shave all of a sudden. Gonna go do it after a warm shower and report back later. 🤔🤣

Last edited:

For some reason I just haven't been able to get on with the GSBs and Permasharps I've tried. Nacets seem to be a big step up for my face and whiskers, regardless of longevity (I don't push blades very far).

33/365

SOTD: 24/05/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6S R4 (23)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Soap: ToBS Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud
Additional Care: Thayers Rose Petal

Shave done, ready to make my personal GSB review. Of course YMMV and my 1st maiden voyage.

Like any other new scary blade, I made sure proper preparation is there. All my shaves so far were always done after a warm nice shower.

Because I was so intrigue, I did not even continue using Nacet. I was doing its longevity test for the purpose of knowing how far can it go.

I loaded up a new GSB. After unwrapping, immediately noticed it was very thin compared to Nacet. Please correct me if I’m mistaken. I can tell it has a high pitch voice as you pinch the blade into top cap.

Final check, blade was snug fit and aligned. With 2 days growth, 1st pass with a light feather touch and all the time in the world. It was smooth like theres a coating of some sort, very different feel compared to Nacet.

Left with some stubble clearly requires a 2nd pass.

2nd pass gave me a much closer shave but felt some irritation already. Clean up and buffing left with a small cut at the center of my goatee.

After applying A/S some sting indicating irritation in cheeks, chin and neck. Did not last long, subsided after a minute.

Overall DFS but left me with irritation unlike my last shave with Nacet. So my 1st shave with GSB is not that pleasant, below my expectation.

Sharpness wise for me Nacet > GSB.
GSB feels like coated a tad sharper than Personna comfort coated. Near that spectrum.

Anyways happy shaves everyone and I hope that next one would be better.

IMG_9136.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry you were let down. My only suggestion would be to come back to them in 6 months or so. I hated Nacets and Permasharps when I first tried them. I came back to them a year later and it was like night and day.
Thanks will do.
Will give it a couple more shaves
Maybe it will also work on my Henson.

I’m a half glass full kind of a person.
Always hope for a brighter tomorrow. 🪒🙏🏼🤣

34/365

SOTD: 26/05/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6S R4 (24)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Soap: ToBS Jermyn Street Cream
Aftershave: Clubman Musk
Additional Care: Thayers Rose Petal

GSB 2nd use, dismay from last shave vanished into thin air. I don’t know what happened and could not explain this myself. Was it because the coating worn off, was it a better soap today? So many questions suddenly came to mind.

I only needed 2 passes today, no clean up, no buffing even required.

During my shave, I stopped before 2nd pass. I have to re-checked what blade was inside. Did I change it last shave? But NO it was GSB and it redeemed itself.

A very pleasant irritation free BBS shave. I’m just truly delighted to feel this ZEN moment again.

May you all experience the same great shave I had today.

Flanders

Stupid sexy Wing Nut
In addition, BAD kicks in so threw in 100’s of German Wilkies instead of the RK’s they are offering. Got it for just 30 usd not sure but looks like its a good deal.
I know this is over a month old, but it is what it is(me reading it finally). I have read a few of your posts randomly, maybe it was in the unpacking thread? Anyway, I found the post when you got your Henson and here I am! The German Wilkies are my blade of choice with the Henson. I have scanned to get to this post and see that you have plenty of other options. My second choice would be Nacet or Parma-Sharp, but I understand if RU blades are off the table for various reasons. You should at some point give a Kai a try™️; they aren't as sharp as Wilkies, but they some times fool people into thinking they are due to the extra width. One unexpected side affect is that this closes the gap up slightly which can be good or bad. I hope this isn't too much rambling since I am sure you are pretty far along by now, maybe even onto a +++. :devil:

Top Bottom