Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice Badger
Preshave: Proraso Protective Cream
Soap: Stirling Frozen Tundra Croap
Aftershave: Proraso Refreshing
Balm: Nivea Soothing
Additional Care: Thayers Rose Petal

- Shared from My Shave Den for iOS

1:10am shave

Yup that’s right it’s past midnight here where I am.

I promise myself to shave Friday evening but family decided to go for a late night cinema. So I gave in, you know happy wife is a peaceful life.

I could wait a few hours till the next morning. But knowing myself and a firm believer of MY WORD IS MY BOND, I still went for a shave.

My dedication and effort gave me a very nice comfortable irritation free shave. BIC on 3rd use still giving that nice crisp audible sound, a music into my ears.

I could include BIC CP to my Nacet as my top tier blade choices.

It left me wondering if BIC ASTOR performs as good as BIC CP ?

Anyways, time for me to go to bed. I could barely see what I’m typing here. 🥱😴

As always, happy shaves everyone !!!

Last edited:
Can’t wait until you try your Bic Astor blade before wondering if I also want them 😊

Which movie did you see?

Don’t have BIC Astor tuck atm but may have to include in future order. Will definitely let you know how it shave. 👍🏼

I want to see BAD BOYS but being the minority, my vote doesn’t really count. So we went to see a Thai drama movie because they were all feeling emotional. 🤔🤣

Don’t have BIC Astor tuck atm but may have to include in future order. Will definitely let you know how it shave. 👍🏼

I want to see BAD BOYS but being the minority, my vote doesn’t really count. So we went to see a Thai drama movie because they were all feeling emotional. 🤔🤣
I wonder if the Astor is a different blade from the CP, or just different packaging for a different market. Might be worth a call to BIC marketing on Monday...

45/365

SOTD: 16/06/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6S R4 (35)
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum, 4th use
Brush: Yaqi Barber Pole Badger
Balm: Nivea Soothing Balm

BIC getting mellow at 4th shave but really smooth. I could probably stretch it more but decided to pitched it. I don’t want to ruin my first impression about this blade. It served its purpose nicely.

Had a close comfortable irritation free shave.

Ended the evening with a nice family dinner to celebrate Father’s day. We opted for Japanese, they knew its my favorite.

As always, happy shaves everyone !

46/365

SOTD: 18/06/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6S R4(36)
Blade: Lord Silver Star - Stainless, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Aqua Highmountain Badger
Aftershave: Clubman Musk
Additional Care: Thayers Original

Today’s shave is a choice between Feather or Lord Silver Star blade. Both will be my maiden shave so I stared at it for a good 5 minutes.

Feather being popular, I pretty much expect it to be sharp. So I chose the underdog Lord Silver Star instead.

Now what is my take after the shave? Lord Silver Star is sharp but not within the spectrum of Nacet or BIC CP. Still manage to deliver a very nice comfortable irritation free shave.

Maybe I got used to my hardware? My technique slightly improve? or maybe its all in the mind but I could barely recall when was the last time I had a bad shave.

Basically becoming like auto pilot but in a good way though. By the end of the day, it’s what we intend to achieve anyways.

Happy shaves everyone !

46/365

SOTD: 18/06/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6S R4(36)
Blade: Lord Silver Star - Stainless, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Aqua Highmountain Badger
Aftershave: Clubman Musk

Today’s shave is a choice between Feather or Lord Silver Star blade. Both will be my maiden shave so I stared at it for a good 5 minutes.

Feather being popular, I pretty much expect it to be sharp. So I chose the underdog Lord Silver Star instead.

Now what is my take after the shave? Lord Silver Star is sharp but not within the spectrum of Nacet or BIC CP. Still manage to deliver a very nice comfortable irritation free shave.

Maybe I got used to my hardware? My technique slightly improve? or maybe its all in the mind but I could barely recall when was the last time I had a bad shave.

Basically becoming like auto pilot but in a good way though. By the end of the day, it’s what we intend to achieve anyways.

Happy shaves everyone !
Sounds like a perfectly boring shave, just the way it should be. Boring means consistent, autopilot, 2nd nature kind of shave i.e a great shave. Once you have boring shaves all the time, you have reached shaving bliss. That is just my strange way of looking at things.

47/365

SOTD: 19/06/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6S R4 (37)
Blade: Lord Silver Star - Stainless, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis Synthetic
Soap: ToBS Eton College Cream

Lord SS is getting mellow at 2nd shave. Looks like I have a coarse hair type after all. Maybe I could do one more shave before I pitch this blade. Well if I could get 3 shaves, that is good enough.

Getting better at face lathering. Few shaves without the bowl, so far getting consistent with it. Let’s see maybe I could eliminate the bowl later on.

Another smooth comfortable irritation free boring shave.

As always, happy shaves to all !!!

48/365

SOTD: 21/06/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6S R4 (38)
Blade: Lord Silver Star - Stainless, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Cola

Whew manage to pull a 3rd shave with Lord SS. I was expecting some tugging which thankfully did not happen. It’s pretty mellow now and I would not risk a 4th shave.

Overall its a very pleasant Friday night shave with zero irritation.

Cheers to a happy shave, time to chill and enjoy a few beers. 🍻😉

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
48/365

SOTD: 21/06/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6S R4 (38)
Blade: Lord Silver Star - Stainless, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Cola

Whew manage to pull a 3rd shave with Lord SS. I was expecting some tugging which thankfully did not happen. It’s pretty mellow now and I would not risk a 4th shave.

Overall its a very pleasant Friday night shave with zero irritation.

Cheers to a happy shave, time to chill and enjoy a few beers. 🍻😉
Really glad you're enjoying the Silver Star. 🍻

49/365

SOTD: 23/06/2024

Razor: Henson AL13 V2 Mild (6)
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Brown

Gave my buddy Rocky some well deserve day off. Its Henson day to spice things up.

It’s been a while since I shave with Henson Mild so decided to put a Nacet on it.

Gave me a comfortable irritation free shave which was expected but left with some uneven spots. Few above the stache and lower left jaw. Maybe driver error since I haven’t given it much of a shave time.

Overall it has done its job so will take that as a win. Clean shaven and presentable.

Enjoy your weekend and happy shaves to all !!!

50/365

SOTD: 24/06/2024

Razor: Henson AL13 V2 Medium (6)
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis
Soap: ToBS Jermyn Street Cream

Much closer and better shave with Henson medium today. Eveything went well and no uneven spots compared to yesterday.

I usually rely on audio feedback when I shave. I got use to Rockwell that my instinct is more of riding the cap. I have to give Henson more playtime which seems to prefer steeper angle instead.

Its a pleasant and better shave overall. Henson medium could be a daily driver, lets see in more weeks to come.

Happy shaves to each and everyone !!!

Mail call, doing my happy dance. 😅😉

My Tabac soap, A/S & balm arrives.
I was not aware that it came with 2 additional Yaqi’s. I wouldn’t admit to that crime.

A Heavy Metal Handle 24mm silvertip badger and out of curiosity a Yaqi Orbital Ring 24mm boar brush to try.

IMG_9381.jpeg
IMG_9382.jpeg

IMG_9388.jpeg
IMG_9392.jpeg

Last edited:

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Top Bottom