What's new

Which single stack 9?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I have the Kahr PM 9, not sure of the differences in shootability between that and the CW9, better trigger perhaps? Dunno. Kahrs do require a 200+ round break in period for full reliability, but after that, they shoot great. Kahrs have a long trigger pull, but very consistent and smooth, at least my PM9 does.
I have not shot the others, so it's a personal preference, YMMV type of thing.

8B1BB9E3-60B0-4160-92A8-BC3E985B3F99.jpeg
3000ABDD-84AA-4479-B375-4EF3DED37426.jpeg
I have been nothing short of totally pleased with my S&W 9mm Shield. So much that I bought another in .45....
Simple to shoot, light, handles very well, extremely easy to conceal, as accurate as anything else in its class.
Fairly priced too. Oh..Lifetime Warranty is also worth mentioning.
Shown here in Ritchie Leather CQ QR holster. Super combination for everyday, effortless carry.

We sell 2 Shields for every one of the PPS, LC9, 43, XDS. Just sayin.

I'm a 1911 & revolver guy, so I either carry a J-Frame or a Springfield EMP.

AAB1FBBA-B3D5-4440-9275-40577DDBD37E.jpeg
+1 on the revolver. This S&W 442/Andrews Leather Saddle Holster set-up has seen many years of service without a single glitch, ever.

D74376DC-6024-4B65-87B8-3A55FE7EEA2C.jpeg

@Mick
Back in Jr. High, I was a serious “Man from U.N.C.L.E” fan..I thought the standard issue sidearm was just the Bomb!!!

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
If possible, seek out a range that offers rental pistols, so that you can make a truly objective decision.

After putting a number of 9mm single-stacks through their paces, my wife decided upon a S&W Shield for her CC piece — and for many, if not all of the reasons mentioned above by Acmemfg. I did discuss my thoughts about striker-fired pistols, safties & such and she agreed that a frame-mounted safety model would best suit her.

FWIW, this is my favorite 9mm single-stack/urban CC piece — and just like so many others, I’m wondering if HK will ever get back into the 9mm single-stack game...

Last edited:
I carry the Ruger LC9S. Very easily concealed, shoots great. I guess "classy" is in the eyes of the beholder, but I think it looks great. On top of all that, I don't think you can Brest the price to beat the price. I love mine. I highly recommend that you shoot one if you can and see if it suits you.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Definitely hold or try all of them as rental's from your local gun range if you can. At the very least, try to hold them all at your local gun store and get a feel of them. I have personally spent time behind the triggers of the G43 (wife owns and carries one) The S&W Shield and the Walther PPS.

While I am a admitted, unabashed Glock fanboy, I also really liked shooting the Shield and the PPS. Walther now has the updated M2 version of the PPS which is supposed to be even better. The S&W has also updated the Shield with it's 2.0 version. I haven't handled the M2 but I have handled and shot the 2.0 and have to say, it's trigger is much improved over the original Shield and the original trigger wasn't shabby either.

S&W has been really hurting in overall sales as of late, which is really reflecting and showing up in low prices at the gun counter. I have seen them just as of late, walking out the doors of some gun stores for only $349.99.

Glock fanboy or not, that is alot of quality gun for just $350 bucks! While it carries like a larger sub compact, it is still considered a sub compact. But make no mistake, it handles and shoots like a full size gun! Heck, Palmetto State Armory is selling them right now, for $319.99 shipped! That's crazy!!!

If I didn't already own 5 Glocks I would get one! :)

Top Bottom