What's new

Which mild Razorock razor to choose ?

...I'm a mild razor guy...

Me too. From all the razors I have tried, Mamba 70 is the closest to DE89. It is almost perfect for me. The only problem Mamba 70 has is the lack of blade support, so little in fact that I can feel the chatter. It works better with a stiffer blade and riding the cap.
DE89 is a neutral blade exposure razor. All RazoRock razors that have the P in their name are positive blade exposure razors and will not satisfy your criteria.
In my opinion, anyway.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
My go-to for this. Milder than the GC .68
Apparently I suck at multi-quote now...hat tip to @MondoJ as well.

The SLOC is a great option indeed. Mild, yet can be an exceptionally close shave.

It's a tough one to describe, for me, in the standard terminology. The most growth I've ever thrown at it however is ~36 hours.

I have EJ DE89 and RR BBS. The blade exposure of BBS is a little larger than DE89. That said, the build quality of the BBS is excellent, with no blade shifting or vibration. MAMBA, GC68, and BBS are all mild and good razors, so I think you'll be fine no matter which one you choose😊

Which do you think is milder at neutral to shallow angles?
Hard to tell. When it comes to comfort level, Mamba70 = DE89, in my opinion.
I was hoping to make Mamba70 my daily razor for the rest of my life but no luck. Chatter is a detractor for me. DE89 doesn't clamp the blade very well either but, while there is some audible feedback, I cannot feel it.

Of all the razors I have tried, none come as close to comfort as DE89. I am still looking for a razor in stainless, ~0.70mm gap with a neutral blade exposure. Just because I believe this is my razor.

Hard to tell. When it comes to comfort level, Mamba70 = DE89, in my opinion.
I was hoping to make Mamba70 my daily razor for the rest of my life but no luck. Chatter is a detractor for me. DE89 doesn't clamp the blade very well either but, while there is some audible feedback, I cannot feel it.

Of all the razors I have tried, none come as close to comfort as DE89. I am still looking for a razor in stainless, ~0.70mm gap with a neutral blade exposure. Just because I believe this is my razor.
Thank you. You have very sensitive sensitivities. Your opinion is very helpful.
I can't judge the accuracy of the DE89's blade clamp, but it does have nice audio feedback. DE89 is very easy to use. I also prefer stainless steel razors, but I can't take the DE89 out of my rotation.
I hope that one day you will find the perfect razor for you.

Last edited:
Not Razorock, but the brass Pearl Blaze strikes me as a great value. For me it's somewhat similar to the DE89/R89 but more efficient. It might be a good fit.

@exocet

DSCN1548b.jpg

;)

RazoRock Game Changer is a solid choice. You can start with the mildest plate 0.68P and if too mild you can move up a step or 2 and only need a new base plate. If your preferences change in time you can step up aggression or even go with an open comb. RR GC is truly an amazing platform to keep things simple, affordable and capable. Can't go wrong.

I also use plate 3 on the Rockwell and own the Game Changer .68, .76 and .84. Out of these, the Game Changer .68 or .76 would be good choices since they are both pretty close to the Rockwell plate 3. I like the .68 a bit more than the .76, but the difference between them is pretty minimal. I'm not a fan of the .84, but keep it around just in case my preferences change over time.

The Game Changers are awesome razors!!!

I also use plate 3 on the Rockwell and own the Game Changer .68, .76 and .84. Out of these, the Game Changer .68 or .76 would be good choices since they are both pretty close to the Rockwell plate 3. I like the .68 a bit more than the .76, but the difference between them is pretty minimal. I'm not a fan of the .84, but keep it around just in case my preferences change over time.

The Game Changers are awesome razors!!!
I’ve been looking around for the .76 plate and can’t seem to find one.

Top Bottom