What's new

Which mild Razorock razor to choose ?

Hey guys,
I'm using the EJ89 and the Rockwell 6s plate 3 and I got very good shaves. I'm a mild razor guy and I'd like to buy a new razor but don't really know which one to choose between those razorocks : Baby smooth ? BBS ? game changer 0.68 or mambe 07. / .53 ?

I guess the Mamba 053 is the mildest, but which one is the closest to Rockwell plate 3 ?

Thanks in advance :)

Well I have had the Mamba .53 and Gamechanger .68. Still have the BBS in Open comb... The biggest question is preference on shaving angle.

Shallow shaver: Mamba
Steep shaver: BBS
more versatile: Gamechanger .68

*shallow = riding the cap or having the razor handle more level with the floor (away from face)

Steep = riding the guard/comb or having the handle more level with you skin (towards your face)

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I have the Mamba 0.53 @Cafebarian used to own. if you feel the cap and safety bar on your face with the majority of the feeling being the safety bar, it will still look shallow, but shave very well.

I’ve read their Super Slant L1+ plate is a great choice, but I bought the L3 plate and it’s not mild.

I've currently got the 68P and 76P, and both are mild razors. I found the 84P to be I bit more than I needed for my usual 3-pass shaves, and sold it.

For reference, my current "goldilocks" razors are the Timeless 68 SCL and pre-war Tech...both are considered mild.

Another mild razor that is extremely gentle yet still effective would be the PAA Meta-4. Best mild razor that I have ever used, also very unique based on an old Kirby Beard Co. razor which has Paris connections. Just know that it does have lots of machining marks that are at least consistent in appearance.
262968561_1267864403731804_2533329782033439233_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'm subscribing to the thread. I have a couple family members who could use mild razors, and I've been trying to sort my options for gift-giving.

Bill

I like mild razors too, and the BBS and Mamba were very mild... to mild for me.

I have a 0.82 Game Changer and it is one of my most used razors, so I recommend going in that direction.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have the Mamba 0.53 @Cafebarian used to own. if you feel the cap and safety bar on your face with the majority of the feeling being the safety bar, it will still look shallow, but shave very well.

I’ve read their Super Slant L1+ plate is a great choice, but I bought the L3 plate and it’s not mild.
I still might end up with an L1+ plate... I'm trying to decide between that and the L1++OC.. that one might be more than I need. I had the L3... way too much for me. I have the L2++ now and while I can use it, it's more than I need.

Another mild razor that is extremely gentle yet still effective would be the PAA Meta-4. Best mild razor that I have ever used, also very unique based on an old Kirby Beard Co. razor which has Paris connections. Just know that it does have lots of machining marks that are at least consistent in appearance.View attachment 1745404

That's a new one on me, and a very different look.

Looks like it is a "buy" and "try" ....
We can't pick one for you, thou there are many great selections here.
Also adding the Karve Outlander, another autopilot - mild - easy shaver - efficient for lot here ( thou not for my heavy duty dense rapid growing omnidirectional stubble)..
GG BBS is a good one too ( I have the A/AS & OC) all great but most likely overkill for you. Step(s) above mild...
BFX

Top Bottom