What's new

Which is your favorite NEW (BUDGET) Shaving Brush ? Choose only ONE. OK, maybe two......

Hi all,

.......the new Phone book here! the new Phone book here!

......."things are going to start happening to me now!"

1575327262223.png

Late to the party as usual...I was out of town for the weekend and I'm just catching up.

One of my first brushes, and still one of my favorites, is the Semogue 830. Priced in the low $20's and softer than most badgers once it's broken in. As an alternative, the Maggard 2-band at $24.95 everyday is hard to beat for the price. Both of these brushes are well within your budget specifications.

Amazon (Canada) - white and black colours only
$15 Canadian (= $11.38 US) is a bargain price. The Fine "Stout" (Simpson Chubby clone) has an MSRP of $30.50 USD and the Fine "Classic" (EverReady C40 clone) is usually $27 USD, according to the Fine Accoutrements site.

Both were $15 CAD at Amazon Canada. So, of course, I had to buy one of each! :biggrin1:

I got the Classic in Dark Blue/Light Blue:

proxy.php

...and the Stout in White:

proxy.php

The Omega 1098 can be had for as little as $10.00. Hard to beat at that price for a natural bristle knot of that size. Pictured here after just two lathering and rinse cycles. 20191117_180756.jpg20191120_074545.jpg

Hi all,

Yesterday, I received my YAQI #24 Shaving Brush. To say i'm impressed would be an understatement!
This Brush cost me eleven dollars! It's now on sale for like nine or ten dollars!

1575651112968.png

Also, I found this awesome vintage GREEN SOLID RUBBER Shaving Mug (and the other goodies)
J-2 Gillette 1964 SLIM Adjustable, Pocket Edition Gold Case for which I already have the proper ABC handle Razor and this neat-O funky vintage KLENZO (Pure Badger) Shaving Brush :

1575651312725.png
1575651112968.png1575651312725.png

Hi all,

Yesterday, I received my YAQI #24 Shaving Brush. To say i'm impressed would be an understatement!
This Brush cost me eleven dollars! It's now on sale for like nine or ten dollars!
You will like the Sagrada Familia, a real bargain. It is best for face lathering, IMO. Try it with La Toja stick and you will experience a lather explosion.

My omega 48 is my favorite brush. I did not like it at first. It did not lather well & it had too much backbone. Then it broke in & literally bloomed. Now it is perfect. Plus the 48 makes my skin look & feel great. It gives an excellent exfoliating facial massage which brings color to my face when I sometimes look ashen after a long day or night.
I think I paid $10 to $12 for it which is a steal.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
$30 and under favorites.
  • Yaqi and Stirling two bands and finest (basically the same knots). Excellent brushes. Look for sales especially on the Stirlings.
  • Zenith boars. Excellent brushes. The ones I like are no higher lofted than 57 mm.
There are numerous options within those groups.

7-22-19.Wade.Kit.640.GDMB.StirlingFan.JPGZeniths.2.Wood.640.4-18.JPGGentile.Yaqi2Band.640.7-26-18.JPG

These are just a couple or three examples - Stirling fan, Zeniths, Yaqi - but they're all brushes I like and use.

There are plenty more good brushes under $30.

Happy shaves,

Jim

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
For me, it is my hjm 20mm badger hair I bought in Sydney, Australia about 5 years ago for a little under USD 30.
IMG_20191207_131009.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I like my synthetic brushes over my boar brush because they are easy to maintain.
I'm really impressed with my recently purchased Yaqi brushes, their tuxedo knots 24mm and the 26 mm Rainbow brown whisker knot also my cashmere knot 24mm. I also have a Yaqi 24mm timberwolf in the mail bought on the last sale they had.
I also enjoy my old faithful Razorock plissoft regular 24mm and my Razorock Noir 400 black whisker 24 mm knots for the last 3 years. It's hard to beat a synthetic knot brush IMO. All of my brushes were bought for under $20 Canadian each on sale.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Omega S-Brush S10005 synthetic, Omega 10066 boar, Omega 10290 boar. All three under $10 each.

.20190628_180023[1].jpg

Cremo horse hair $11 at Target.. Razorock Bruce Plossoft at $9 hard to beat. I used my Bruce tonight with MdC Agrumes and it held enough lather for 3 passes.....

20190723_151105[1].jpg

Happy shaves

Doug

I've found the bouncers here a bit touchy about linking, like if it's not a sponsor or to another shaving site... just sayin'

Wow! I guess that the Moderator Team have been promoted whilst I was asleep. We need to update our Badges.

It always impresses me how the members who moan about the Moderation here are the ones who return because they enjoy the site.

Just sayin'

Top Bottom