What's new

Which is your favorite NEW (BUDGET) Shaving Brush ? Choose only ONE. OK, maybe two......

I'm curious to know which is your favorite BUDGET Shaving Brush. I consider thirty dollars ($30.00) to be the limit for Budget.

I realize sometimes it's difficult to choose only one Brush as I'm sure the good Folks of B&B have more than one favorite Brush, so

if you choose, feel free to list TWO of your favorite NEW BUDGET Brushes. As for me, I'm pretty new to the World of (especially)

NEW Brushes. On Faith, I took a chance (due to word of Mouth) and I am awaiting the arrival of a "The Atomic Rocket" Brush which

I have high hopes for being a good (low budget) good quality/performance Brush. I suspect now I'll start to collect (at least a few)

more Brushes just because. Thanks. I look forward to learning about your favorite Brushes!

SixCats!

I'm about to try my first synthetic (Parker), but my go to is Omega boar for cheap, durable brushes.

Boar is love it or don't though for a lot of people IMO.

My favorite budget brush my Semogue 1520. It is a decent brush, although not as tightly packed as I would like.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yaqi 26mm Tuxedo and Stirling Boar.

These two covers so many of the brushes that I enjoy. Soft, scrubby, good backbone, great at lathering, etcs..

Yaqi 26mm Tuxedo and Stirling Boar.

These two covers so many of the brushes that I enjoy. Soft, scrubby, good backbone, great at lathering, etcs..
Another vote for the Yaqi 26mm Tuxedo. Currently, my favourite for all the reasons Tim listed and more. My particular brush (26mm Red Marble Tuxedo) is only $15.86 at WCS (or $11.86 directly from Yaqi).

However, it could be displaced by another Yaqi that's slowly winding its way to me via slow boat from China (literally): a 26mm Moka Express two-band badger. I've heard a lot of praise for it and can't wait to give it a try.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
The Simpson Wee Scot, no question about it. Often mistakenly called a novelty brush or a travel brush, this is in fact a fantastic daily driver. Plus you get to properly build a lather with it, rather than lathering both sides of your face at once like with the latest 30mm+ goliath. 😉

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Stirling Boar brush is $10 and a great brush IMHO. Also the RazoRock 400 Plissoft Synthetic is fantastic at $20.

Semogue 1470. Excellent small knot, great for face lathering, combined with a comfortable handle. It's my favorite regardless of budget.

As of last week, they were selling the Simpson Case 1 in Best badger for $30 at Amazon. I just received it, and it's really nice. Dense and scrubby, yet soft. I would highly recommend it for anyone who likes to face lather. I like the Wee Scot as well, but it borders on too small--and I prefer small brushes.

Edit: I just checked, and as of right now, it's $29.95 with Prime.

All my brushes are on the cheaper side, on sale at Yaqi, DS cosmetics or Amazon where I got my excellent Omega boar. Most expensive was from Ap Shave Co which was under $30 cdn, then shipping.
Just bought a new one from Ap Shave Co, a 24mm syn on sale due to a scratch on the handle and an uncentered knot, $15 cdn. I think my next brush is usually my favorite....
24mm 2bed.jpg

There are a couple of synthetics knots that are pretty darn good for under $10. I like the brown synthetic and the SynBad.

Hi all,

THANK YOU all for listing your favorite Brushes. I've a LOT of research to do on all these Brushes/listings.

SixCats!

If you have the Atomic Rocket, you should be covered for 26mm Synthetic. This is a great opportunity to try a nice boar brush (or two).
Omega 10049 - on sale commonly under $9
Semogue 1250 - on sale around $15

The Simpson Wee Scot, no question about it. Often mistakenly called a novelty brush or a travel brush, this is in fact a fantastic daily driver. Plus you get to properly build a lather with it, rather than lathering both sides of your face at once like with the latest 30mm+ goliath. 😉

+1! The Wee one is a great brush, especially for the $! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you all again,

@Atlantic59 @BigJ , I am looking forward to (soon) receive my "The Atomic Rocket" Brush. I do have several other (pre owned vintage) Brushes which I am currently using. One of my favorites is a (unknown) small (I believe) German Badger Brush. I only wish the handle longer/larger. I also have the following Brushes :
1575127214218.png

......and, a few other "also ran" brushes.

SixCats!

Last edited:
Top Bottom