What's new

Which is your favorite NEW (BUDGET) Shaving Brush ? Choose only ONE. OK, maybe two......

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
705.jpgrazorock 400 $20

D

dangerousrazor

Yaqi cashmere with defected hanlde in Ali. I cant find any flaw on it and it cost $6.x with international shipping included. Way better knot than Razorock Plisoft, which seems outdated compared with other synthetic.

The Simpson Wee Scot, no question about it. Often mistakenly called a novelty brush or a travel brush, this is in fact a fantastic daily driver. Plus you get to properly build a lather with it, rather than lathering both sides of your face at once like with the latest 30mm+ goliath. 😉

Love the wee Scott as well. Great brush. Also love my omega 48. Bought it fit 5 bucks and it’s huge and awesome.

Semogue 1305. Breaks in quickly, is a good "jack of all trades" brush. Can do creams, croaps and hard soaps, face or bowl lathering, 20 bucks.

I prefer natural brushes. One of the best brushes I've used, period, is the Semogue 1800, under $20! Has very soft tips, backbone, even face-feel, looks gorgeous, and is just awesome all the way around. I like it more than the pricier Owners Club.

s-l300.jpg

I recently picked up a 24mm SynBad from AP Shave Co and it’s been a pleasure to use. It’s definitely my favorite (albeit it’s my only) budget brush at the moment.

The Sagrada Familia of Yaqi is the ideal tiny brush it you want to take one with you while travelling, also perfect that it's a synthetic brush.

Hi all, While out hitting the "Flea Market", I spied a few "vintage" brushes. For the life of me, I just can NOT bring myself paying silly prices for "common" USED Brushes. Most every vintage Brush I own cost but a few (perhaps to ten) dollars......AND.....if the cost is ten dollars, it had better be in pretty damn pristine condition. Of course I DO understand about the cost of "RARE" Brushes but, when it comes to paying twenty five dollars (and up) for a USED Brush.....Hell, I'd rather buy new.

Any budget semogue (if you prefer a finer boar bristle) or budget omega (if you prefer a thicker/coarser boar bristle). Omega's get ridiculously cheap in price.

Edit: Since my original reply wasn't specific enough, I'll post my favorite from each brand

Semogue 1438: Not a fan of dyed bristles in general but MY GOD are those bristles soft!

Omega 10290 or comparable loft: Small (unlike the pros) knot with LOADS of backbone. One you really have to stick with to appreciate the break in process (which will be longer than the Omega Pros)

Last edited:
Hi all, I very much appreciate all of you who have listed their favorite(s) "Budget" Brushes.
I'm keeping a running list of all Brushes listed. Since I have NO self control (the Flesh is weak)
I just HAD to order a (very budget) Brush.....so today (or was it yesterday) I ordered the
YAQI R1730 Tuxedo (cost $11.00 shipping included). No doubt other Brushes will follow!
So, I'll soon own TWO Synthetic Brushes (one large & one small). The first Brush soon to arrive,
"The Atomic Rocket". Friend might even start calling me "TWO Brushes Jackson".

SixCats!

Hi @Demolition, Ah, yes indeed, the "Sagrada Familia". Thank you for your vote of confidence! I HAD in fact, done a lot of research here (and elsewhere) and found nothing but HIGH PRAISE for even this lil' budget brush. I look forward to receiving it soon. Thanks.

SixCats!

I love budget synthetics, and they are pretty much all I use now. razorock Big Bruce is probably my most favorite. I have a few more from razorock, Stirling and PAA that are excellent. On Black Friday I ordered another from Stirling (factory seconds pro handle) and I have one from Yaqi headed my way which I am looking forward to trying. All of these brushes were in the $10 to $15 range.

Top Bottom