What's new

What's your current favorite soap scent?

Current? Sphinx black desert. Haven’t used it yet but off the puck Smell amazing. Keep grabbing sniffs here and there. Hopefully tomorrow will be breaking it in

Geo F Trumper's Lime is an awesome and surprisingly scented soap and probably my favorite, though TOBS Jermyn Street and Sandalwood are up there as well.

small collection as I just started, only have 6.
Extro Del don is nice, light, nut I cant get it to lather.
I have to go with Stirling Barbershop. I do not know what it is but I adore that soap and scent. I have not read good things about their aftershaves though, but I would like a companion.

If pressed for a single fave, probably Colonia (adp).

Other faves:

Apsley
Elite, No. 89
Eucris
Rose, Vétyver (mdc)
Sandalwood (taos)
Tabacco Toscano
Windsor (drh)

There are a lot of nice scents out there. A nicely scented soap or cream is one of the real highlights of wet shaving. It might not add anything to the final result but like a nice brush it adds immensely to the overall experience. It wakes up the senses at the start of the day.

These are some of my favorites:

DR Harris Arlington
DR Harris Windsor
Acqua di Parma Colonia
Nuavia Blu
Martin de Candre Vetyver
Martin de Candre Original
Castle Forbes 1445
Castle Forbes Lavender
Musgo Real Classic
Musgo Real Oak Moss
Speick Cream
Sebum Gold
Tabac (it grows on you)
Fitjar Fjellheim
Klar Seifen Classic
Saponificio Varesino Cubebe

Picking one is difficult. Variety is the spice of life and it’s nice to pick something that matches your mood, the weather and the season. If it had to be one I’d probably go with

Acqua di Parma Colonia

Still relatively new to shave soaps and have tried a few samples as well as owning a few pucks. Barrister and Mann Nordost was my third soap to order and I did so blindly and I gotta say I did very well as far as that goes, edges out the others as my favorite at the moment.

Current favs is always a moving target, isn't it? I wonder if I searched back through older threads what my former favs were. I'll say this, if anything comes along and knocks off any of my Ethos favs, it will be a killer scent.

Ethos Blood Orange - the #1 contender for The Best Orange Scent
Ethos Colonia - ADP wishes their fragrances smelled as nice
Ethos Dragonsbeard - my favorite dark scent
Ethos Vanilla Safi - The Best Vanilla Scent, period!

Los Jabones De Joserra Rodrigo de Jerez - my favorite cured tobacco scent

MacDuffs Bad Santa - my favorite cherry pipe tobacco scent

Spearhead Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime - does lime get any better than this? Nope

Top Bottom