What's new

What's your current favorite soap scent?

25 April 2022

For me it is a neck and neck battle between Stirling Barbershop—Booneville, Arkansas, and Cattie’s Bubbles – Forked River, New Jersey. Despite my diminished sense of smell, I like their scent's.

All time favourite: Wholly Kaw King of Oud

Other favourite scents:

Proraso Red
Wickhams Cashmere
Noble Otter Two Kings
Phoenix & Beau Spitfire

I very much like Martin de Candre Fougere. It is not cloying at all, pairing well with all the aftershaves and colognes I like, and as added bonuses it makes wonderful lather and a tub lasts a very long time, over a year for me.
I very much agree with this. What a great soap scent!

small collection as I just started, only have 6.
Extro Del don is nice, light, nut I cant get it to lather.
I have to go with Stirling Barbershop. I do not know what it is but I adore that soap and scent. I have not read good things about their aftershaves though, but I would like a companion.
I have Stirling’s Barbershop splash (Glacial), balm, and EDT. To me, they smell great, just like the soap. Performance is extremely good and the scent lasts several hours on my skin.

I have Stirling’s Barbershop splash (Glacial), balm, and EDT. To me, they smell great, just like the soap. Performance is extremely good and the scent lasts several hours on my skin.
that is good to know. I recall reading many not so shining reviews on their products. my balm (just an unscented one) is getting low. I think I will keep an unscented around as I do have a few cologne I enjoy wearing (all lacoste). but I am going to place an order here thru stirling soon and try a few samples of different scents, and maybe grab a balm for executive man and barbershop.

lot of stirling mentions in this thread! what does this smell like. is it like a bay rum?
No. It's Bay Laurel like what is used in cooking. Bay Laurel mixed with orange, cinnamon, and nutmeg. It's pungent, but quite nice to my nose. You can think of it as a less warm and spicy bay rum that is more citrus and green if that makes any sense.

TOBS Cedarwood & Proraso Red.
I can't get enough of either to the point that I have multiple tubs of both.They both perform great and smell incredible!
I've been DE shaving for 4 months and I've realized that I don't need to try a million soaps if I've already found a couple that I really like. I'll probably try some lavender and rose at some point but that's about it.
My money has been spent on mostly razors and some brushes. That's what I like! I enjoy having a bunch in rotation!
Lots of razors & brushes, Proraso Red & TOBS Cedarwood, Bic & Feather blades, I'm good!

RE Barbershop. Cheapest tub in the cabinet but I keep going back to it; love the scent and the performance is good too.
2423A04D-5FA9-48BC-8A38-934C01FEA8A3.jpeg

Top Bottom