What's new

Barbershop Scented Shaving Soaps

for me this one these days

proxy.php

but really almost all of them as it's a fun scent for some trying to hit the mark as it seems to vary from country to country and soap maker to soap maker what is a barbershop :)

its like pizza or lasagna the base idea is there but everyone does it differently its just which one you end up liking

Stirling Barbershop is a favorite with many here; I like it.
I've also got Zingari Man-The Master...it's a darker, spicier take on things but great scent notes as well.
Barrbarr is on my wish list tho...that one gets a lot of great feedback as well, but there are a ton of babershop scents.

Stirling Barbershop is a favorite with many here; I like it.
I've also got Zingari Man-The Master...it's a darker, spicier take on things but great scent notes as well.
Barrbarr is on my wish list tho...that one gets a lot of great feedback as well, but there are a ton of babershop scents.
What mws71 said +100

Another excellent soap in line with The Master is MacDuff's Soap Company Old Strathcona.

Barbershop is always a bit subjective considering it can mean somewhat different things to different people. To my grandmother whose father was a barber, Tabac was her choice followed by some almondish soaps for what she considered to be what reminded her of barber shops. Others may like more citrusy scents, or something in the vein of Clubman.

Barbershop is always a bit subjective considering it can mean somewhat different things to different people. To my grandmother whose father was a barber, Tabac was her choice followed by some almondish soaps for what she considered to be what reminded her of barber shops. Others may like more citrusy scents, or something in the vein of Clubman.

Great points!

My take is that there are ‘barbershop scents’ and ‘barbershop soaps.‘ In my hometown in upstate New York, the barbers used Pinaud clubman in an atmosphere of tobacco and leather from the seats. They also used hot lather from a soap machine, then shaved my neck with a straight razor. Great memories!! :popc::popc:

Great points!

My take is that there are ‘barbershop scents’ and ‘barbershop soaps.‘ In my hometown in upstate New York, the barbers used Pinaud clubman in an atmosphere of tobacco and leather from the seats. They also used hot lather from a soap machine, then shaved my neck with a straight razor. Great memories!! :popc::popc:
This was the same way for me, until .... Seems like when I came back home from the service in '81 that had all but disappeared.

I agree that ‘barbershop’ means something different to everyone. The most barbershoppy scents I’ve had (for my idea of barbershop) are the Paolo Barrasso soaps and aftershaves - both the blue and the more floral red. Great scents, actually. I believe these are made by TFS.

Western world barbershop to me is talc and vanilla forward with musk and citrus middle notes. Stirling Barbershop has it nailed.

Rest of the world- I assume proraso green is heavily used.

Top Bottom