What's new

Barbershop Scented Shaving Soaps

Stirling Barbershop is quite nice, in my opinion; a kind of powdery, lightly spicy scent.

Old School, from Moon, has a deep, rich scent that I also like very much. Not entirely sure I'd classify it as a traditional barbershop scent, now that I think about it, but so good it would be remiss of me not to mention it.

To me, the quintessential US barbershop scent is Pinaud Clubman—which means Fougere scented soaps are more barbershop to me. Similar to others, the barbershops I grew up with used Clubman products. The barbershops I go to now in Northern Virginia still use Clubman products.

Stirling Varen or B&M Fougere Classique are good examples of barbershop scented soaps in this genre.

So many good barbershop scents out there!

Yes, classic Mitchell's, TOBS, Tabac, Clubman, Cella, and Proraso. Must haves for your den, right?

But then you throw in the artisans with their spin on the Barbershop scent! How many does PAA have?! CaD, Good Vibrations are ones I have but I know they have way more! 345 with Fresh Cut Fade. Of course, Stirling's Barbershop. B&M with Seville. Subtle Art with Mid Cape Barber. Chiseled Face with Ghost Town Barber. Razor Emporium with their own Barbershop and their PAA tribute soap with King R Emporium which is the old, early 1900s Gillette scent. So good, too!

But I think this barbershop doesn't get enough credit - BRICKTOWN GROOMING - LAYFAYETTE. SOOOOO GOOD!

If you start looking at it, each artisan has their own take on a barbershop and they are ALL great!!! You could probably try and collect all artisan barbershop sets and you'll be set for life! lol

Great points!

My take is that there are ‘barbershop scents’ and ‘barbershop soaps.‘ In my hometown in upstate New York, the barbers used Pinaud clubman in an atmosphere of tobacco and leather from the seats. They also used hot lather from a soap machine, then shaved my neck with a straight razor. Great memories!! :popc::popc:
NJ/NY here. These are my ideal sents of what a Barbershop is . Pinaud Clubman Talc for the neck shave with a Campbells hot lather machine, tobacco pipe and leather. To the point where I think I'm going to spring for a chair with an ashtray just for my home. 😆 Will upload pics later. In a remote area.

Top Bottom