What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Good morning, coffee crew.

I guess I can say I'm happy to be here with you this morning. I had a tire blow out on me going about 45 mph last night. It almost pulled me into the oncoming traffic and I barely missed a head on collision...what seemed like inches. A very close call. *whew*

So, I'll just thank God for my coffee, the fact I'm still here, and all of you.

Have a blessed day, my friends.
I’m glad you’re ok! While down there Monday I couldn’t believe how congested traffic is getting in that area. Every time I go i have the same thought. I’d say the population can’t grow much more, but it always does. I’d say you’re very fortunate indeed to avoid a collision!

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I’m glad you’re ok! While down there Monday I couldn’t believe how congested traffic is getting in that area. Every time I go i have the same thought. I’d say the population can’t grow much more, but it always does. I’d say you’re very fortunate indeed to avoid a collision!
Thank you, Trevor. Like the song says..."I Cant Take Me Anywhere"

Have a blessed day, my friend.

I guess I can say I'm happy to be here with you this morning. I had a tire blow out on me going about 45 mph last night. It almost pulled me into the oncoming traffic and I barely missed a head on collision...what seemed like inches. A very close call. *whew*

So, I'll just thank God for my coffee, the fact I'm still here, and all of you.

Have a blessed day, my friends.
Sorry to hear that Eric. Glad you are okay and still with us.

IMG_4198.jpeg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.

Mad Priest Dark Night of the Soul. French Press. Black.

It's 67° in Nashville, right now with a high around 75°. The forecast doesn't look good at all. Thunderstorms, rainfall up to an inch, wind, and hail possible. We'll see how graduation plays out later. I had a meeting with one of my session guys last night and left my phone at the bar. I have to go pick it up around 11. Hopefully this day will improve. Maybe 3 hours of sleep. 😐

Have a blessed one crew.

Mad Priest Dark Night of the Soul. French Press. Black.

It's 67° in Nashville, right now with a high around 75°. The forecast doesn't look good at all. Thunderstorms, rainfall up to an inch, wind, and hail possible. We'll see how graduation plays out later. I had a meeting with one of my session guys last night and left my phone at the bar. I have to go pick it up around 11. Hopefully this day will improve. Maybe 3 hours of sleep. 😐

Have a blessed one crew.
Ugh - here’s to hoping your day gets better. Looks like we should avoid most of that weather here.

This morning I doubled up. Finished off the latest batch of cold brew followed by Stirling Sumatra brewed with the Wave.
IMG_9166.jpeg

IMG_9172.jpeg

Good morning fellas, been a few days :)

This morning I’m trying a coffee I didn’t roast. It’s coming up on two years of roasting my own and thought it would be a good idea to try a roast from one of my main bean supplier, Happy Mug.

Made in the Moccamaster using a 1/15 ratio.

It’s a very nice coffee roasted a bit darker than I what I normally roast. Nutty, dark chocolate with a hint of citrus is what I’m getting from it. Maybe tomorrow I’ll make a cup of mine and a cup of this to do a side by side.

IMG_2764.jpegIMG_2765.jpeg

Hey, all.

The Major's has known his closest friend since 7th grade, way back in 1982. Today, said friend is a veterinarian. So, such shall be his name from here one out.

In any case, the Veterinarian invited the Major to join him at the Phillies game this afternoon. Before running out the door to catch the train downtown, the Major just grabbed a mixed drip coffee consisting of Giant brand Columbian drip & Green Mountain Nantucket. Now, he's on the Regional Trail train downtown. Looks like a few people had the same idea.

20240523_095108.jpg

Go Phils!

-Z

Howdy gentlemen- went to the VA because of a mole on my eyebrow that has grown and was noticed by my social worker. The diagnosis as of now is malignant melanoma so oh well. This morning it was Intelligensia coffee beans brewed by the Kuerig. Hoping each and every one of you have a great day today! Don’t forget to smile 😊

Howdy gentlemen- went to the VA because of a mole on my eyebrow that has grown and was noticed by my social worker. The diagnosis as of now is malignant melanoma so oh well. This morning it was Intelligensia coffee beans brewed by the Kuerig. Hoping each and every one of you have a great day today! Don’t forget to smile 😊
I hope the doctor's can take care of that quickly for you! I am praying for you.

Today's brew was with Stirling Roastery (Booneville, AR) - Peru beans using the plastic 2.0 April brewer and the James Perry Coffee - Standard 3 Pour recipe. I found a good setting today for this combination with my new grinder.
I tried using a zig-zag pattern followed by a circle around the outer edge for the bloom phase based on an email I received from Slow Pour Supply and that was more efficient to get all the grinds wet.

I wish everyone a great brew today!

Last edited:
Top Bottom