What's new

Are you a coffee mug pre heater?

I am slowly inching my way into a new brewing method, but in the meantime I am looking for different methods to increase flavor and temperature.

I know it drives my wife crazy but this coffee thing is close to what I used to do as a tech rep. We were always adjusting material temperatures, storage, mixing methods etc.

My wife just brews her coffee and puts in her mug. I preheat my mug with hot water and tried to explain heat sink to her. She just shakes her head and pours her coffee in and if gets too cold she puts it in the microwave.

So are you a mug preheater ?

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I am slowly inching my way into a new brewing method, but in the meantime I am looking for different methods to increase flavor and temperature.

I know it drives my wife crazy but this coffee thing is close to what I used to do as a tech rep. We were always adjusting material temperatures, storage, mixing methods etc.

My wife just brews her coffee and puts in her mug. I preheat my mug with hot water and tried to explain heat sink to her. She just shakes her head and pours her coffee in and if gets too cold she puts it in the microwave.

So are you a mug preheater ?
What is this "microwave" you speak of your wife using?

Not a pre-heater, but I'm a tea drinker. It goes in boiling (calm down, I'm a Rooibos man) and I enjoy the temperature change that my tea goes through.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
What is this "microwave" you speak of your wife using?

Well, the story goes, there once was a man named Mike, who thought he was putting food in the ice box. When he finally realized what he had done, he had put it in a different box. He shook his head and waved, how stupid could he be he asked himself. When he pulled his food out, it was hot. Amazed at what he had discovered, he tried it again, put cold food in the box, waved, and when he pulled that food out, it was hot too!

Mike being amazed at his magician skills, couldn't wait to tell his family and friends what he had done. None believed him of course, so he began to show them. Once everyone was convinced that he wasn't lying, and was a new age genius magician, everyone started coming to him, to have their food heated up. His boxed unit became known as the Microwave, cause Mike was there, he waved, and the food was hot.

This story was my little bit of fiction for laughs, and is not to be taken literally, on how the microwave was born. 🤣

If anything, I'd be tempted to freeze my mug first so that my brew gets down to drinking temperature faster. But then my focus lately has been on wringing every last bit of caffeine out of my beans, and not every last bit of flavor. It's a drug, I'm addicted.
Same. If I told you guys how I drink my first four cups I'd probably be judged harshly. And with good reason.

Technology to the rescue (sometimes)!

Self-heating coffee mugs.

My CFO (Chief Family Officer) was gifted one of these. She claims it's "in-dispensable." (See what I did there.)

Hmmmmmm, I'm now considering using one as a shaving mug. Eureka, an unexplored avenue for expanding my RAD!!!

Last edited:

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef

My CFO (Chief Family Officer) was gifted one of these. She claims it's "in-dispensable." (See what I did there.)

Hmmmmmm, I'm now considering using one as a shaving mug. Eureka, an unexplored avenue for expanding my RAD!!!
File the patent for an electronic scuttle. When is the B&B group buy going to be?

They make those little mug-sized heating plates for coffee, which I may have used on several occasions to warm a lathering vessel. I sometimes get in the mood to over-complicate a shave.

Top Bottom