What's new

Are you a coffee mug pre heater?

Nope, not heating plates. These new-fangled mugs contain heating elements within the mug's structure. The mug sits on a recharging base plate. You can pre-program (some with cell phone) to heat the mug to a desired temperature. That heat will be retained for up to one hour without sitting on the base plate.

Several brands available. Here's a pic of one (chosen at random):

Screenshot_20240324-125644.png

I preheat my espresso cups with water from the steam wand (hot, but not boiling). I don't bother for longer drinks such as lattes or long blacls/americanos, I usually have to wait a minute or two to let them cool anyway.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I do have a coffee cup warmer but I never use it.... For work, I often, but not always, wash out my Yeti and leave it full of hot water from the sink... It does make the coffee stay warm longer... But also extends the time before I can safely take my first sips... Odd how that works. <eg>

Nope, not heating plates. These new-fangled mugs contain heating elements within the mug's structure. The mug sits on a recharging base plate. You can pre-program (some with cell phone) to heat the mug to a desired temperature. That heat will be retained for up to one hour without sitting on the base plate.

Several brands available. Here's a pic of one (chosen at random):

View attachment 1817686
It took me years to climb out of the shaving gear rabbit hole. I come back and now I am down this coffee rabbit hole. I find myself thinking about all the methods I see on here for brewing. What a group of enablers we all are.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
The usual morning java comes straight outta the Bunn and into a non-preheated vacuum cup with an accessory pour-spout lid. That cup being what it is, I would have to wait about an hour before I could drink it. And yes, I did in fact time it! However if I pour it then into an unheated diner mug that I swiped from a restaurant in Iowa City when I was in grad school, the coffee will be at a nice drinking temperature in about 30 seconds. I like that. The vac-pot holds 500 ml, enough for three of those diner mugs at which time I'm ready to face the day.

Unless it's Friday. When Mrs. Hippie and the Operatic Dachshund head off to town, I haul out the Hack-A-Vac pot and make another blast of coffee for myself.

O.H.

...and the NIB...and the Brown Leaf...and the Belly of the Blade...it never ends. 😄
I can’t smoke so that one is covered. Haven’t had any alcohol in 4 years (not my choice, but probably for the best is what I tell myself) so that’s covered.
Now the blade thing that’s another story. I am looking at otf blades and that page suddenly pops up out of nowhere. I take it as a sign I need one.

Uh-oh…I don’t come here often…are peculators the Veg and Arko of this place?
No, but by bringing the liquid to a boil over and over it looses most of the volatiles that give the coffee its flavor. And, I might add, pouring that liquid over the grounds over and over means that the coffee is over-extracted as well. This is why people who like good coffee and understand what's going on don't use them.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
There once was a chap with a mug,
Who thought he would give it a chug.
He feared it was hot,
But thankfully not.
So down it was quaffed with a chug.

He prudently failed to preheat.
For too hot it would not let him repeat.
A just right, not too hot,
And he soon drained the pot
And gladly returned to his baked treat.

Alas, that darned cinnamon bun
Was too hot, it was no fun.
His poor lips were seared
There was goo in his beard.
So he went back to drinking his warm one.

A cup that heated too high
Will make you put down with a sigh
That hot mug of java
Like drinking hot lava.
O f**knit, "I'll just have the pie."

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I'll nuke a cup for SIL, she likes piping hot cafe.

Otherwise ... parking espresso cups on top of the machine preheats them a bit.

AA

Top Bottom