What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

proxy.php

60grams brewed with a french press with 725grams of water.

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you have going on here?
Organic beans from Bali , a very unusual flavor, tastes like it has 10% addition of Robusta beans , but it doesn't..... The small stainless steel hand roaster is from Japan , and works great. The pot is a Jezve from Armenia ( ibrik / modern Greece ....Cesve / Serbia etc )..... I grind the roasted beans with a Turkish brass grinder, the absolute best for this type of coffee......
cesve.JPG

Sadly I went the quick and easy route today since I was in a hurry; two Starbucks Via packs (Colombia) shaken in 16oz water. Quick to make and quick to drink.

I won't post here again about this "brewing method," but thought I'd share once for humor's sake.

Today was Costa Rica from Moja, brewed French press, then bulletproofed in the blender. I love the taste of Fp coffee but I don't usually do it because I'm not so sure the oils are healthy and I prefer the convenient clean up of paper filter coffee.

This thread title calls for photos and my Chemex is crying out to be photographed - one day.

Because it appeared in this thread I had to Google it: "why do people like Keurig?". When I heard about it years ago I thought it was like something from the movie Idiocracy. Apparently American's consume enough "K-Cups" to circle the globe 10.5x every year if you line the cups up. And they aren't recyclable. :concern:

31 grams of Bluestone Coffee Sumatra Takengon with 400 grams of filtered water in a french press and manually frothed skim milk for a nice cafe au lait.

Last of the Palomar Roaster Ethiopian Limu. 33 grams with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A tabletop vacuum pot.

I am working my way through that frozen-defrosted bag of Costa Rica. (Freezing isn't optimal but 3 pounds is a lotta beans for one guy to go through!) Today I did Fp again, 18g to 240ml. Gotta love that nutty flavor.

Looking at B&B's Keurig discussions I am not surprised to discover that posters cover the gamut of opinions (and that I am a few years late to the discussion party :rolleyes1). Some report the machines don't last but the company is good about providing replacements. They're good for offices and kids like them for the extra drinks. I just can't imagine paying $40/lb for pre-ground beans. You have to wonder what happened to the OP, Edcculus, with his Keurig Conundrum. His last post was in 2017 so it could be that - to his peril - he never bothered to look up the meaning of the acronym SWMBO. Optimistically, these days he walks around looking like he's trying to perfect his pirate/rogue/biker costume for next Halloween or he's gone completely electric and forgotten about us. Homework, fellas, Just Do It!

Top Bottom