What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

We lost power in the ice storm that hit north jersey yesterday. It dropped out around 7PM last night and didn't come back on until about 4PM today. So I couldn't have my french press coffee because I couldn't bring my beans. I guess I need to buy a manual grinder for just those situations. Instead I boiled some water and had a mug of Lapsang Souchong tea. Then later on the wife and I went down the hill to a new little cafe that opened about 6 months ago and had some sandwiches. I ordered a skim latte to wash down my egg whites and white cheddar on white toast. Delicious.

Now that we have power again, 23g of Bluestone Sumatra Takengong with 300g of filtered water in a french press. Served with frothed skim milk in a vintage Victor Diner Mug.

Attempted a latte but ended up with more of a cappuccino. Still working on my milk texture. Coffee is still yellow honey process Costa Rican.
20191220_085647.jpg

My daily espresso fix...at home and especially for my frequent travels for work...
Porlex Hand Grinder
Wacaco Nanopresso with Barista kit
20191221_090521.jpg

20191221_091346.jpg

20191221_092135.jpg

Cheers....!!!

Lavazza Super Crema double shot latte to start the day. Wife likes the coffee so I tolerate it.

Attachments

• 20190912_115048.jpg
    20190912_115048.jpg
    842 KB · Views: 9
I bought one of those inexpensive pour over coffee drippers , To use with the hot water dispenser at work. Really impressed by how quickly I can make coffee and the quality of the coffee

I bought one of those inexpensive pour over coffee drippers , To use with the hot water dispenser at work. Really impressed by how quickly I can make coffee and the quality of the coffee

I love a good pour over. There's a science and art to the speed and where the water goes IMO.

My go to is a Chantal ceramic with Melitta unbleached filters.

Bought some Peet's Major Dickason yesterday as it was on sale at Safeway. I'm easy to please lol.

If i were to get one more coffee thing, it would be a Chemex.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Starbucks Christmas blend is a seasonal favorite. Plus i basically bought one pound and got one free from my friendly barista

Top Bottom