What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Ran out of fresh roasted today so opened a can of Yuban grocery store coffee.

Just made a pour over with the stainless Kalita directly into my 1 liter zojirushi thermal carafe. 38 grams of Yuban and 725 grams of water. Took 5 1/2 minutes for 4 cups which was pretty much spot on so their "store" grind is a good one for that pour over.

Not too bad tasting with milk and sugar

Guys, this is terrible, I know. But I've been really enjoying the Pumpkin Spice and the Peppermint creamers with K Cups and Office coffee lately. What is wrong with me?!

Made a tall coffee this morning with some Vivace Dolce, steamed milk with a few shots of Monin white chocolate syrup.

Verve Coffee Roasters Guatemala Pulcal Typica reserve. I brewed it in a Hario woodneck and drank it black. Yum.

I drank my usual cappuccino this morning, with the local roaster's "Italian blend". Tasted like burned coffee. Its the last time I buy this blend from them. I don't understand how come they associated italian blend with over-roasted coffee....

I will really have to roast my own in the near future.

Afternoon snack of Vivace Dolce and a bonus surprise from my wife a kitten :-/

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1380743139395.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1380743139395.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 82
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1380743159020.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1380743159020.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 82
Bird Rock Coffee Roasters "Guatemalan Injerto - Geisha," using an inverted Aeropress with paper filters. Gotta get myself a stainless steel filter soon for the more full-bodied roasts. Lately I only drink Bird Rock, especially since it's less than ten minutes from my place :)

Vivace Dolce Espresso in my new Caffè Vita Cups.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1380980723127.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1380980723127.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 63
Most of my expresso over the past couple of years has been either Blue Bottle, a small roaster in the San Francisco area, or Sweet Marias in Oakland. Recently I discovered Equator coffee and have been working my way through 4 different varieties of expresso blend. I wasn't crazy about one of them, but the others were great. As for drip coffee, I've also got Temple coffee of Sacramento in my area. But I've order 6 different varieties from Johnson Brothers and all were simply excellent.

Having talked about all those "high-end" coffees, my most recent purchase was two 2-pound bags of Peete's Major Dickinson which I found on sale a couple days ago at Costco for $11.99 for the 2-pound bag. Yes, that's $4.50 for the usual 12 ounce quantity! On the off chance you don't know Major Dickinson, it makes a great cup of drip coffee, and Peete's makes most of their expresso out of it (they do use some other blends on occasion). If you've got a Costco nearby run over there and get some before this sale ends ... although their usual price is just $15.99 for a 2-pound bag, which is about what most gourmet coffess cost for 12 ounces.

Last edited:
Starbuck's venti Ethiopian. Woke me up Jack!

How did you like their new Ethiopian?

Me, I'm at home having a cup of Sbux Cafe Verona. Ground beans in a manual burr grinder and brewed the coffee in an H2JO percolator straight into my Kleen Kanteen bottle.

Top Bottom