What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Peet's Major Dickason beans, ground in my 31-year-old Krups grinder (birthday gift from my then girlfriend, now wife of 30 years). Pourover through a Melitta #6 filter into my mom's late-1950s Pyrex coffee pot (minus the percolator basket). (Yes, I tend to keep the things I like. :wink:)

Nuova point sound familiar? Kinda hard to read.

Yeah. Thanks. They make a lot of the brownish colored ones you might have seen around.

They are one of the better Italian commercial cup makers now that ACF has gone under.

this is what their logo looks like

proxy.php

I only have 2 Nuova Point espresso cups. They are well made heavy and thick cups (commercial grade cups and saucers)

proxy.php

Last edited:
Evening coffee is the same Colombian but made through the Kalita into the Zojirushi insulated carafe.

I got my heavy throw weight basket in yesterday so today I made an air pot of blended french roast, Colombian, and 25 grams of ground chocolate/hazelnut flavored beans tossed in. NICE.....

proxy.php

proxy.php

A brand called Cameron's. I can get whole bean organic at my grocery store $6.99/LB. Good variety of choices and tastes relatively fresh. Just finished off two bags of Counter Culture coffee(Farmhouse and Crooks Corner blends). It was really good, but a little too expensive to justify drinking everyday.

From the gaggia an afternoon snack.

Trinidad Espresso No. 1 in a Caffe Vita cup.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1381439831218.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1381439831218.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 80
I got my heavy throw weight basket in yesterday so today I made an air pot of blended french roast, Colombian, and 25 grams of ground chocolate/hazelnut flavored beans tossed in. NICE.....

proxy.php

proxy.php

That does look substantial. Why the "heavy throw weight", is that just a term for a larger brew basket to hold more coffee for a larger pot of coffee? I think you have drank enough today already. :laugh:

Starbucks iced latte with just a touch of caramel. Need it for the drive home! Maybe a small cup of coffee too.

Attachments

• $IMG_20131011_061310_889.jpg
    $IMG_20131011_061310_889.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
After dinner coffee is....

Jamaican blue mountain med roast made in the Chemex. way too smooth.. Almost like drinking butter. It should be against the law....

After dinner coffee is....

Jamaican blue mountain med roast made in the Chemex. way too smooth.. Almost like drinking butter. It should be against the law....

I once tried Jamaican Blue, but it was when. I was using sub-par equipment. I also drank coffee with way too much cream/sugar then(way too much =any-coffee should all be black) I need to give it another try.

Cheers!

Peet's Italian-not nearly as good from a drip machine as it is from a French Press, but I guess that's true with any coffee.

Made a Guatemalan pourover to start the day that I had roasted a few day ago. And just made 2 cappuccino's with some Ethiopian beans I roasted 7 days ago that are hitting their sweet spot. I drank them both :thumbup: Cheers!

1/2 guatemala antigua, 1/2 Indian parchement. Both pan roasted a couple of weeks ago, both fairly dark (the Guatemala into the second crack, the Indian past it). French press, water a couple of minutes off the boil, not done too scientifically. Tasted pretty good. My partner didn't realize the Indian Parchement was a robusta when she got it, but it's surprisingly drinkable.

-John

Starbucks new "Ethiopian".
Brewed at home with my H2JO percolator.
It's an "ok" coffee but I must say once this 1lb bag is gone I'm going back to Verona :)

I'm also using Stevia instead of sugar now..and loving it.

Top Bottom