What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
The Mrs. and I enjoy waking up to a cup of Yauco Selecto Gourmet Ground Coffee from Puerto Rico (4 Tbsp of coffee per 12 cups of water in our "Mr. Coffee" Automatic Drip Coffee Machine)...primo! :thumbsup:

Why?
proxy.php

Because in our pinion, this coffee is full bodied (and gets you going in the morning!!!), with a creamy and rich taste with almost no distinguished aftertaste, :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"I never drink coffee at lunch. I find it keeps me awake for the afternoon". President Ronald Reagan

attachment.php

Right now we have some mexican beans, but I cannot remember the name. It's actually pretty good coffee considering the vast majority here drink instant. I prefer espresso though and this is not espresso roast.

Edit: It's called cafe de altura from northern puebla and it appears to be a medium/dark roast blend. Again, nice flavor but not espresso.

Last edited:
I am drinking a cup of Sumatra Aceh Mandheling that I roasted last week to City+. For brewing, I used a Melita single cup pour over since I will only be drinking one huge horking mug before heading to work.

Been cold-brewing everything in sight and loving it. The coffee maker is going into storage and may never come out again.

Yemen Hajja Micro Lot (green beans from Sweet Marias), I got them roasted from Scott (Lockwood...Life2Short1971). I was up at Scott's place last Thursday checking out his new espresso grinder and HX espresso machine and the gentleman Scott is had a Mason jar full roasted up to send me off with + a bag of the same greens with SM's label on it...here's what Thompson has to say about this coffee-

City + to FC+ Surprising sweetness w/exotic spices, incenses and fruits, strong fruited notes of lychee, cantaloupe, pineapple and apple

Scott roasted the greens he sent me off with FC to a FC+ so the beans took on more of a roast profile. Very nice coffee! In fact, yesterday, and probably why I'm still up=:), I had 10 single cappuccinos. I'm usually good for 2 double caps but I had an extra during the morning then my wife's carpenter was over doing some work and Nick and I drank 4 double caps between us so I ended up drinking 10 single caps all together (whew!)...I'm still flying :thumbup:

In particular, I'm drinking single ristretto cappuccino, shots pulled on my HX espresso machine

Best,

Jake
Reddick Fla.

Starbucks French Roast from Costco. First hot coffee since April. I switch between hot and iced with the seasons.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Ground up some Brazilian beans from a local roaster. Brewed it up in an 8 cup Yama vac. pot with a Cory glass filter rod. Deeeelicious.

Local roaster's espresso this morning in the Pasquini, followed by a couple cups of Americano. Life is good

Today is Buddy Brew Double Dog Espresso-X 2 shots. Followed by a couple Americano's made with some Ethiopian beans I roasted and they turned out perfectly for espresso.

More beans to be roasted today. Definitely more Ethiopia, Kenya AA, and some Bolivia beans. Also, no doubt another order to Biddy Brew will be in order in the future. It is very tasty. .

Drinking a double dead eye this morning.

The base is a pumpkin spice from Carrabassett Coffee Roasters.
The espresso is made with a really dark roast coffee called Demon Roast from Prime Roast Coffee Roasters a micro-roaster in Southwest New Hampshire.

A great way to start the day.

Really can't get into the coffee anymore than this.:D Surrounding me are huge HUGE bags of coffee. I'm awake!

The coffee is Ethiopian yirgacheffee iced.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1380469312739.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1380469312739.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Top Bottom