What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Peet’s Big Bang medium roast in the Keurig. Doing a little traveling in Florida and our condo owner provides some nice Amenities!
4BACD4FE-B01C-41E4-AA11-D8A8DB023749.jpeg

Happy happy happy….oh did I say happy? I meant every word of it! Listening to Pavement’s Slanted and Enchanted album and sipping on some Independence Coffee Co Jackhammer stuff brewed by the Moccamaster. Well, fellas, I’m gonna let you all know that I do solemnly swear by the Lord above that you all have a wonderful day today:)

Back-to-back shots with very different parameters this morning. Both shots using 20g doses of the same coffee.

- The first w/ 20s pre and a 1:1 Ristretto. Pure syrup.

- The second w/ 10s pre and 1:1.5. Still good body, but much more clarity.

857500D2-AC96-425A-8514-835580F71B2F.jpeg

4D9CA01C-BAA2-4599-9A19-46D9C5840E12.jpeg

9C3304F9-59DF-4104-8547-2F3BF0231DF0.jpeg

C5920F97-FD85-4088-A9C6-95825682C2E3.jpeg

Attachments

• 8A00B739-FF5C-4843-A7C7-B606608B627A.jpeg
    8A00B739-FF5C-4843-A7C7-B606608B627A.jpeg
    827.6 KB · Views: 0
Having a bit of trouble with the espresso this morning, it shows promise though. Dialled the grinder up for the roast level, should have been perfect, sub 20 shot without enough pressure. Of course I sipped it and tossed it, blah! 20 microns finer and I have a 1:1 espresso and milk sitting there for a cappuccino. That wasn't what I wanted, but it's what I got. It won't mean much to most here, but to have this extreme of a range within only 20 microns is crazy, I am not sure I have enough adjustment! Going to be drinking a few of these today.

Yep. I ordered a sampler from the website this morning! Four 1/2 lb bags of fresh single origin roasts of his choosing.
That's great. Glad to hear it. I know you will be happy with the beans. I've never found another roaster who does as good of a job. And we have a lot of roasters in this area. Be sure to let us know what you think.

This morning I'm currently drinking one of my all time favourites.

Nepalese coffee from the Ganesh Himal ranges. It reveals superb chocolate and vanilla flavours with a hint of nuttiness.

Brewed in the Bialetti Brikka with a 1:1 ratio of frothed milk.

Morning All!

Colombian again in the Bunn. It's gotten better the longer it's been opened but still nothing I want to replace and just want to finish it up. I miss my dark and bitter roasts but my OCD doesn't let me have another coffee open at the same time to switch back and forth. I'm always convinced one will go stale if I don't finish it up as quickly as possible after opening. ;)

Enjoy the day, guys!

Morning All!

Colombian again in the Bunn. It's gotten better the longer it's been opened but still nothing I want to replace and just want to finish it up. I miss my dark and bitter roasts but my OCD doesn't let me have another coffee open at the same time to switch back and forth. I'm always convinced one will go stale if I don't finish it up as quickly as possible after opening. ;)

Enjoy the day, guys!
I used to worry over that, but had to get over it while I was getting the subscription since I wanted to compare them to each other. There is an initial drop after you open the bag, but after a few days it stabilizes and will remain relatively fresh longer than you think in a well sealed container like an Airscape or the better zipper bags some roasters use to package their coffee. Maybe 2-3 days after you open one you’ll notice the difference from the first cups you made, but it’ll take 2 weeks after that to notice a similar change. It’ll vary with different coffees - the lighter the roast, the more pronounced the decline. That’s my experience anyway.

Top Bottom