What's new

What's your all-time favorite soap?

Thanks for all the replies. Seems Tabac is very popular. There are a lot of soaps I never heard of (but that's not surprising). I never thought about where soaps were made until I saw these Italian, Spanish, French, German names.... I was surprised that Tabac and Irisch Moos is made by the same German company (Mäurer & Wirtz). And it's neat to see that people like everything from the very inexpensive to prices I never expected for a soap. 🙂 I looked a lot of these up. I'll have to try some when my Tabac puck is used up. 😁

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I'm looking up the ones I never heard of. Is this really around $75-80? If so, it must be the best soap on the planet.
It really is both that price and quite good. The price is deceptive, for the pucks are huge. It is a very hard, long lasting soap. As to being the best on the planet, I believe there is no such thing. An Arko or Tabac devotee might not like it. A fan of traditional sandalwoods or of the newer artisans with over the top names and graphics might not click with it. However, for me it is the best, and buying a puck that will last two years or more is an extravagance but an easy one. I'll make up the per shave cost on blades and aftershave!

Is current day Williams different?
Yes there have been a few changes over the years, most notably when tallow was removed as the first ingredient by Combe. Here’s an old thread that gives a great timeline for anyone that’s interested in the history of Williams soap.

Top Bottom