March Madness Soap Bracket

I have a prediction:

Ethos beats Macduffs
B&M Omnibus beats House of Mammoth
Grooming Dept beats Ethos
and for the grand finale, B&M Omnibus beats Grooming Dept, for the surprise win

Ha! I don't know why I dropped the ball on this one. Here's a recap:

The final four were:

Ethos Firm base soap. Macduffs was great, but Ethos was awesome.
Omnibus
GD Kairos SE
House of Mammoth Tusk

Ethos beat Kairos SE
Tusk beat Omnibus (Yes, I was surprised. House of Mammoth is expensive, but a sleeper in terms of lather quality.)

Ethos Firm base won. It's super expensive ($40 for 4.5 ounces, ouch!) but produces a crazy thick lather that doesn't miss out on glide. Post-shave is not as ridiculous as Omnibus in terms of plumpness, but I actually prefer it. All ethos scents are really natural-smelling, easy on my skin, etc. and well.

I
Ha! I don't know why I dropped the ball on this one. Here's a recap:

The final four were:

Ethos Firm base soap. Macduffs was great, but Ethos was awesome.
Omnibus
GD Kairos SE
House of Mammoth Tusk

Ethos beat Kairos SE
Tusk beat Omnibus (Yes, I was surprised. House of Mammoth is expensive, but a sleeper in terms of lather quality.)

Ethos Firm base won. It's super expensive ($40 for 4.5 ounces, ouch!) but produces a crazy thick lather that doesn't miss out on glide. Post-shave is not as ridiculous as Omnibus in terms of plumpness, but I actually prefer it. All ethos scents are really natural-smelling, easy on my skin, etc. and well.
After spending 1000’s on soaps and have tried almost all of the soaps listed I can confirm Ethos for me is in a class of its own.

If Frank gave up soap making - I would use MacDuffs as of today. But they are totally different price points and MacDuffs and HOM deliver good results at a good price.

However - I use less than half as much Ethos to get more lather so don’t be scared by the price alone, you will get significantly more shaves from the F base.

Thanks for the thumbs up for Ethos! I will try loading a lighter amount. I treasure the two tubs I have, one cream and one hard soap, and plan to (slowly) acquire more.

Top Bottom