What's new

Classic Shaving Wool Fat Bay Rum

I recently noticed a listing for Wool Fat Bay Rum Shaving Soap at ClassicShaving.Com and ordered a puck. Shaved with it for the last three days. I wondered how it might compare with Mitchell's Wool Fat (the original tallow).

I found it to lather up as easy as Tabac (original tallow) and that it has the same great shaving results as MWF. The Bay Rum scent is light, but very pleasant. The puck is slightly softer than MWF, but only slightly so.

I used a different brush each day, one Finest and two Silvertips.

They have several scents of Wool Fat as well.

Anyway, I'm very pleased.

I never knew they released other scents. Awesome to hear, albeit a bit too late (as I have gone to scentless soaps only).

I wonder if there is a correlation between the softer consistency of the tub and it lathering well? The OG MWF was a beast to lather. Maybe they just tweaked all of their soaps?

Glad to hear it's a winner! My recollection is MWF was a great performer, if you could coax a lather out of it. This one is probably going to sell quite well.

I never knew they released other scents. Awesome to hear, albeit a bit too late (as I have gone to scentless soaps only).

I wonder if there is a correlation between the softer consistency of the tub and it lathering well? The OG MWF was a beast to lather. Maybe they just tweaked all of their soaps?

Glad to hear it's a winner! My recollection is MWF was a great performer, if you could coax a lather out of it. This one is probably going to sell quite well.
You might be delighted to learn that of the 15 or so wool fat scents they offer is an unscented one.

I have continued to shave with this soap instead of jumping around and continue to really enjoy it. I have already set out MDF for tomorrow to continue to compare.

I'm a bit slow today... Or I read your original post too fast. Lol. I thought Mitchell wool fat had released alternate scented versions. You were talking about a wool soap similar to MWF by classic shaving.

I really need to pay more attention. Lol.

In looking at this on their site, I can’t help but roll my eyes a little… are they really listing these as having a normal retail price of $34.99??? $12 seems like a much more reasonable price, if they were really trying to sell these for $35 it wouldn’t surprise me that they had to mark them down so much…

In looking at this on their site, I can’t help but roll my eyes a little…
Same, for the first five seconds.
The rest was this:

proxy.php

What a show...

In looking at this on their site, I can’t help but roll my eyes a little… are they really listing these as having a normal retail price of $34.99??? $12 seems like a much more reasonable price, if they were really trying to sell these for $35 it wouldn’t surprise me that they had to mark them down so much…

I hadn't even noticed that it was marked down. Anyway, at $12.00 a puck it is well priced, and probably worth more like $20 to $25 on par with Mr Fine.

Top Bottom