What's new

whats the most you've paid for a razor? (all types included se/de/straight etc)

I have really gotten into the SR's in the last few months. I would say in the last 3 months I have used a double edge maybe twice. I shave everyday, sometimes twice a day if I really want to look smooth or just want the enjoyment of the shave/aftershave experience. Love the feel, the character, the history, just the whole experience of the straight razor. Makes me feel like a MAN lol
lol....wow twice a day? isnt that a bit too much for your skin though?

lol....wow twice a day? isnt that a bit too much for your skin though?
I can definitely feel it affecting my skin when I shave twice a day more than 1 day in a row, like this weekend on vacation.

Before my technique was dialed in, I could not shave 1 a day without irritation. It was that way with DE starting out as well. Neck is fairly sensitive, but I have learned how to get a good shave without irritating it.....most of the time.

Reactions: saj
I plead the 5th.... [emoji6]
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I can definitely feel it affecting my skin when I shave twice a day more than 1 day in a row, like this weekend on vacation.

Before my technique was dialed in, I could not shave 1 a day without irritation. It was that way with DE starting out as well. Neck is fairly sensitive, but I have learned how to get a good shave without irritating it.....most of the time.
yea i think most peeps are sensitive around the neck and adams apple area

I plead the 5th.... [emoji6]
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
nice, i like the black first one next to the measuring tape

btw how comes peeps with straight razors always have a like a set of similar straight razors?
just a trend i noticed being on these shaving forums in a short space of time

nice, i like the black first one next to the measuring tape

btw how comes peeps with straight razors always have a like a set of similar straight razors?
just a trend i noticed being on these shaving forums in a short space of time
Most people find a particular shape and style that they prefer, and then they gravitate toward razors with similar shapes and styles. They could also of course only have a single example, but many people also enjoy the collecting aspect.

Most people find a particular shape and style that they prefer, and then they gravitate toward razors with similar shapes and styles. They could also of course only have a single example, but many people also enjoy the collecting aspect.
yea that must explain it then

The most I've spent purchasing a razor was for a very nice cased British Aristocrat. Second is a tie between a Toggle and a Red Ring.

~$50(USD) Merkur Progress (on sale)

quickly finding out the REAL money is in the soaps/creams/aftershaves!

I always knew one of these days I'd meet Mr. Bezos on a forum. Nice to meet you sir. Love Whole Foods 😁

Actually, I am a retired attorney.

A case I handled many years ago went through the entire litigation route. The trial, appeal to the Second Circuit Court of Appeal, en banc appeal to the Second Circuit, Cert. Denied by the U.S. Supreme Court, and back to the Federal District Court. In the interim and after the trial, I retired and moved several times. The firm I worked for merged several times and after the first merger, I lost contact with them.

Several years later, I did a search for unclaimed property and discovered my name. I filed my claim, gave them the appropriate info, and received a substantial amount. Instead of buying a new car or taking a vacation, I spent a little bit of it on a personal item for myself and my wife did the same. I jokingly told an attorney I mentor that the razor represents less than what his law firm charges for two hours of his services. When I see how much that razor sells for on eBay I look at it as an investment.

Actually, I am a retired attorney.

A case I handled many years ago went through the entire litigation route. The trial, appeal to the Second Circuit Court of Appeal, en banc appeal to the Second Circuit, Cert. Denied by the U.S. Supreme Court, and back to the Federal District Court.

Sounds like a lot of hours billed! Hope it was an interesting case for you.

My most expensive razor purchase would be my Razorock Game Changer.

It was around the 50 dollar mark and it is an excellent shaver and a very well made razor but I still tend to use my vintage razors more.

Top Bottom