What's new

whats the most you've paid for a razor? (all types included se/de/straight etc)

wonder if anyones got gold plated or platinum razors?

i would be a bit worried about using them incase i damage them, you like when you drop them etc

I went and had a look as well. They are quite nice.

I can see me kicking out some decent $ on a razor one day. It will likely be a SR.
SR as in straight razor yea?

tbh im a proper noob and clueless on straight razors but i want to get into it

i love the look of those damascus steel straight razors, seen them on ebay, amazing!

Too much (Dutch import taxes yaaaiks) on a oneblade genesis which I sold later on when I liked my broman even more

Reactions: saj
SR as in straight razor yea?

tbh im a proper noob and clueless on straight razors but i want to get into it

i love the look of those damascus steel straight razors, seen them on ebay, amazing!
Yes SR=Straight razor
I am not sure I know all the abbreviations or acronyms or what have ya, but you will soon figure most of them out. Namely YMMV haha

Damascus are in fact lovely.

Reactions: saj
@saj1985
$500> for a Zowada of a style that I am not certain will ever be made again? AND has Purpleheart scales?? Nah, don't regret it one bit.
IMG_3121_Original.jpg

Yes SR=Straight razor
I am not sure I know all the abbreviations or acronyms or what have ya, but you will soon figure most of them out. Namely YMMV haha

Damascus are in fact lovely.
are you a newbie to shaving forums like me? dont worry mate we're in the same boat lool 😂

tbh only reason why i know its damascus steel i juist remember reading it on the ebay listing lol

are you a newbie to shaving forums like me? dont worry mate we're in the same boat lool 😂

tbh only reason why i know its damascus steel i juist remember reading it on the ebay listing lol
uhhh, I do not know I would say newb. I have been a member for a while, just not as active or proficient as some. It is a great forum with lots of info and helpful people. You will learn as much as you are willing to search for and brave enough to ask LOL

uhhh, I do not know I would say newb. I have been a member for a while, just not as active or proficient as some. It is a great forum with lots of info and helpful people. You will learn as much as you are willing to search for and brave enough to ask LOL
mate i ask any and every question, i dont care if i come across stupid
and its because i dont really know anyone in real life who uses de/se/straight razors, so ive got no one to ask lol

how many razors you got? se/de/straight etc

Blade is O1 steel, 6/8 quarter hollow. Nothing really exotic there at all. Strictly a face shaver. It takes a LaVeinette coticule edge ever so nicely. Finish on a Zulu Grey.

cannot remember for certain on DE, but
3 traditional straights
1 straight with replaceable blade (shavette style)
1 single edge
10 or 12 double edge
which do you use the most out of all of them would you say?

I have really gotten into the SR's in the last few months. I would say in the last 3 months I have used a double edge maybe twice. I shave everyday, sometimes twice a day if I really want to look smooth or just want the enjoyment of the shave/aftershave experience. Love the feel, the character, the history, just the whole experience of the straight razor. Makes me feel like a MAN lol

Top Bottom